Joined: 27 May 2008
|Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:40 pm Post subject: KDE4 file type associations ignored
|I am trying to create a file type association of *.gds with klayout. I tried:
1. In dolphin, right click, open with -> the check box "remember application association for this type of file" is missing. I have the check box with other file types, e.g., .py.
2. In system settings -> file associations -> new, I created an entry for *.gds. This entry is still there, but seems to be ignored.
3. In dolphin, right click, properties, general -> create new file type association, brings me to the same menu as in 2. Again, whatever I type in there, it is ignored (even when I type kwrite instead of klayout, so I don't think it is a problem of the specific application).
4. In a terminal, running "mimeopen .gds". No matter what I type here, the command prints "cancelled" and exists with code 8.
5. I can change the association for .py files, so that works.
Any ideas how to create the association for gds?