View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NewSocks
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:04 pm    Post subject: qtwebkit: emake failed Reply with quote

Hello, I have next problem:
When I am trying to update packages, command
Code:

emerge -qavt -uDU --with-bdeps=y @world

fails with message:
emake failed.

I have tried
Code:

revdep-rebuild --library 'libstdc++.so.6' -- --exclude gcc

I got a messages
kde-frameworks/<name>-5.28:5 required by kde-frameworks/<name>-5.28.0:5/5.28::gentoo ebuild sheduled for merge)
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not enough information. Actual error message will be either within the last 100 lines (if it is the usual stuff with QtWebKit, not enough memory) or you need to paste the full build.log via some pastebin (will be huge).
flower2048
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure if i had the same problem, but qtwebkit compiled fine for me after i did:

eselect ruby set ruby21

(as the lates ruby news told me to do: https://www.gentoo.org/support/news-items/2016-12-06-ruby-20-removal.html
ct85711
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, the one thing we are always going to need for a compile issue, is having you posting the full build log (or post on pastebin, and giving us the link to it) and often enough emerge --info. Without the build log, we can only make guesses, and effectively give you no help.

Now without seeing the output, I can only make a guess; but from my experience with compile issues related to ruby is that one of the ruby packages (like rubygems) was not compiled for that version... I am not an expert on ruby issues, as I masked ruby from ever being pulled in on my systems. That being said, someone may know of some command to rebuild the ruby packages easier. You can always just wait for someone to go through the log and identify the package(s), you identify them from the log, or you go ahead and recompile the ruby packages in attempt to solve your issue (most likely to resolve it sooner while you wait).
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: