Acer Aspire S7, ALSA sound issues
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LupusM
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:22 am    Post subject: Acer Aspire S7, ALSA sound issues Reply with quote

Been using Gentoo for about 2 weeks now, audio worked fine for the first week or so, no problems whatsoever. Then suddenly all audio stopped working - headphones, speakers, everything. My thinking is it wasn't a kernel issue because the audio had been working fine beforehand and I haven't touched the kernel since installation, and every log and script I've run seems to show that the audio should be working. Sorry as noob, these are what shows up for me:

Code:

lspci | grep audio -i
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 04)

Code:

alsamixer
Card: HDA Intel PCH
Chip: Intel PantherPoint HDMI

Already looked through these two posts (https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-875745-view-previous.html?sid=0c399e9df1640f23fdf3db8d76741af3, https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-880337-start-0.html), neither seemed to help.

What can I try?
krinn
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

most simple things are generally harder to find.
sliding volume slider will not make any sound if mute is enable, while all apps will report no trouble with sound.

yeah, it's so simple that you should check if you didn't just mute your sound output. (in alsamixer gui, switching mute on/off is done with M key, and when mute you get MM below volume levels)
LupusM
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried this and all sliders showed 00 below them. Is this as it should look or does this mean something else is wrong?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: