yaboot problem on G5
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stamasd
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:51 am    Post subject: yaboot problem on G5 Reply with quote

I hadn't realized that this forum has a PPC-specific subforum, so that earlier today I posted this in the install subforum. But now I realize that I could get better help by posting here.

Rather that copy-paste my post and replies, I will link to the other thread: https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1038040.html
That's because it's a long post with lots of information about my problem.

Long story short, I'm trying to install Gentoo on an early 2003 dual-1.8 G5, in dual-boot with OSX 10.5.8. Yaboot will boot OSX, but not Linux. When I try to boot Linux I get an OpenFirmware error about decrementer, or about invalid memory access. This has been tested with several kernels. The minimal install CD boots fine.

Please feel free to reply to this thread or to the other one if you can help me; I will be monitoring both.

Thanks in advance for any insights.
stamasd
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all who helped. I have solved my problem by downgrading yaboot to 1.3.13. For details see linked thread.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: