Plasma 5 Network Manager Forgot VPN?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KWhat
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:55 am    Post subject: Plasma 5 Network Manager Forgot VPN? Reply with quote

Why is Plasma such a heap of fucking shit? Why do things I have finally gotten working just fucking disappear?!?! VPN? Use to work, now all the settings are fucking gone. They disappeared, like I never setup the vpn before? net-misc/networkmanager-openvpn is still fucking installed.... where the fuck are my settings?!!? I dont have the fucking time to explore setting up everything from scratch that I have already setup. Update consolekit and bamm plasma forgets your wallpaper? Seriously, your fucking wallpaper. This is unbelievable garbage.
HerbMillerJW
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plasma is getting better fast, but things are also changing in it dramatically, and some of those changes are breaking changes.

Did you emerge kde-plasma/plasma-nm? I noticed when I changed to Plasma 5 my old Network Manager VPN options weren't there anymore until I emerged that (and even configured properly they're still not working). *shrugs* It takes time, I guess.
KWhat
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it continues to happen, Plasma 5 just forgot more settings after segfaulting out. I think the solution here is to pull everything important out of the graphical environment. People ask my why I continue to boot to a command-line login and skip things like KDM and SDDM, its because I need my system to start. Plasma, KDE and Gentoo seem to fuck up enough on a daily basis that relying on anything is foolish. I have even started my own copy of the tree to fix these fuck ups in a reasonable amount of time.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: