Unable to compile ksysguard-5.5.3
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saundersx
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:12 am    Post subject: Unable to compile ksysguard-5.5.3 Reply with quote

Just let me start by saying I tried not to go off script with this and followed the gentoo wikis setting this up. Although it looks like they have changed a bit as of late.

I have the kde and qt overlays installed. A few days ago I get this error compiling kde-plasma/ksysguard-5.5.3:5::kde

Code:
/usr/lib64/libQt5WebKit.so.5: undefined reference to `QWindowSystemInterface::registerTouchDevice(QTouchDevice*)'

so that belongs to

Code:
~ $ equery b /usr/lib64/libQt5WebKit.so.5
 * Searching for /usr/lib64/libQt5WebKit.so.5 ...
dev-qt/qtwebkit-5.5.1 (/usr/lib64/libQt5WebKit.so.5.5.1)
dev-qt/qtwebkit-5.5.1 (/usr/lib64/libQt5WebKit.so.5 -> libQt5WebKit.so.5.5.1)

interesting point here is that this is the one package that will not be upgraded. http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.qt.devel/23944

so I'll recompile that I guess, it fails with

Code:
.obj/llint/LLIntOffsetsExtractor.o(.qtversion+0x0): error: undefined reference to 'qt_version_ta
g'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile.LLIntOffsetsExtractor:75: recipe for target 'LLIntOffsetsExtractor' failed
make[2]: *** [LLIntOffsetsExtractor] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/var/tmp/portage/portage/dev-qt/qtwebkit-5.5.1/work/qtwebkit-opensource-src-5.5.1/Source/JavaScriptCore'
Makefile.JavaScriptCore:42: recipe for target 'sub-LLIntOffsetsExtractor-pro-make_first-ordered' failed
make[1]: *** [sub-LLIntOffsetsExtractor-pro-make_first-ordered] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/var/tmp/portage/portage/dev-qt/qtwebkit-5.5.1/work/qtwebkit-opensource-src-5.5.1/Source/JavaScriptCore'
Makefile:92: recipe for target 'sub-Source-JavaScriptCore-JavaScriptCore-pro-make_first-ordered' failed
make: *** [sub-Source-JavaScriptCore-JavaScriptCore-pro-make_first-ordered] Error 2

now this isn't a big deal in itself but it blocks everything else

Code:
 *  (kde-plasma/ksysguard-5.5.3:5/5::kde, ebuild scheduled for merge), Log file:
 *   '/var/log/portage/kde-plasma:ksysguard-5.5.3:20160109-053828.log'
 *  (kde-plasma/plasma-meta-5.5.3:5/5::kde, ebuild scheduled for merge)
 *  (kde-plasma/khotkeys-5.5.3:5/5::kde, ebuild scheduled for merge)
 *  (kde-plasma/plasma-mediacenter-5.5.3:5/5::kde, ebuild scheduled for merge)
 *  (kde-plasma/powerdevil-5.5.3:5/5::kde, ebuild scheduled for merge)
 *  (kde-plasma/kdeplasma-addons-5.5.3:5/5::kde, ebuild scheduled for merge)
 *  (kde-plasma/plasma-desktop-5.5.3:5/5::kde, ebuild scheduled for merge)
 *  (kde-plasma/plasma-workspace-5.5.3:5/5::kde, ebuild scheduled for merge)
 *  (kde-plasma/kmenuedit-5.5.3:5/5::kde, ebuild scheduled for merge)
 *  (kde-plasma/plasma-nm-5.5.3:5/5::kde, ebuild scheduled for merge)

I don't see anything in the bugtracker so it may just be me. For giggles I did some searching for qtwebkit-opensource-src-5.6.0-beta.tar.gz and I did find this http://osdir.com/ml/scm-fedora-commits/2015-12/msg13990.html . Made a new ebuild and tried compiling and it failed (don't have the exact error on hand any more). So I'm stuck as to what an actual solution would be.
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's simple, don't use Qt-5.6 from qt overlay with Plasma-5.5.x right now - it is nothing but a painful experience. Even git master is still not quite ported away from qtwebkit in many places. Time will tell if it is even possible to combine these two, or whether Plasma-5.5.x might need to be restricted to Qt-5.5.x, we'll see.

However, dowgrading Qt will involve rebuilding practically all of Frameworks, Plasma and possibly Applications. You might want to time that with the update to Plasma 5.5.3 and Frameworks 5.18.
Saundersx
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just masked all the 5.6.0_beta stuff. Recompiling right now, 5.18 just showed up so good timing.

Code:
eix -cn dev-qt/|grep 5.6.0_beta|sed 's/^....\([^ ]*\) .*/=\1-5.6.0_beta/' > /etc/portage/package.mask/qt_5.6.0_beta
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: