Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Packages moving from kde-base to kde-apps: kontact?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomtom69
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:51 pm    Post subject: Packages moving from kde-base to kde-apps: kontact? Reply with quote

Hi,

I am using KDE4 (still) with kmail1 (kmail-4.4.2015.06) due to bad experiences with kmail2 (which I tried to upgrade to several times, every time with much effort to migrate back after crashes/incompatibility issues and in order keep my old and large mailbase). To achieve keeping kmail1 I use some entries in /etc/portage/package.mask to disable kmail2 (and all things belonging to it) update like mentioned here:
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1006812-highlight-kmail1.html
A few days ago I noticed that after syncing some kde programs moved from kde-base/ to kde-apps/, which made my entries in /etc/portage/package.mask somewhat useless. Just a second before another kmail2-update nightmare I managed to interrupt the update and adapt my package.mask also to cover the new kde-apps/ path in portage, in order not to get kmail2 again.
However one problem remains:
I now have to apply the use flag "-kontact" to kaddressbook, kmail, knode and korganizer, because these packages insist on the newer kontact 4.14.8 even if I mask it, when the use flags don't disable kontact explicitely. This behaviour looks new - the installes packages of kmail etc. have the "kontact" use flag set and this causes an (expected) dependency on kontact-4.4.2015.06.
Any hint why now there is a different dependency on kontact version?

tom
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working on it - I have an idea. :)

Please sync again tomorrow, it should be fixed by then. //EDIT: Oh, actually in one or two hours already on a mirror near you - thanks for the report! ;)
tomtom69
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I synced one hour ago. Now everything works like before without -kontact use flag.
Thank you! :D
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: