MPT2SAS driver not loading correctly
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luckylinux
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:42 pm    Post subject: MPT2SAS driver not loading correctly Reply with quote

Hello world :).

I have an IBM 1015M cross-flashed to LSI 9211-8i IT mode (firmware 19.00) that I am using for my future ZFS pool.
The issue is that it doesn't matter if I compile the driver as a module or built-in in the kernel, the result is the same: the driver (MPT2SAS version 20) won't load.

I have read version 20 of the firmware is unstable which is why I flashed version P19. I cannot however control the version of the driver's included in the Linux source tree.

The dmesg is: https://bpaste.net/show/517af82ffb8f

The bottom line is that the error that I get is:
[ 36.877638] mpt2sas0: failure at drivers/scsi/mpt2sas/mpt2sas_scsih.c:8498/_scsih_probe()!

Looking it up on the internet it seemed that for some people adding "pci=realloc=off" to the kernel booting options in grub.cfg helped. For me it wasn't the case unfortunately.

At the moment I'm trying to build a much older kernel version (3.18 instead of 4.2.5 or 4.3.0) to see if I can get a non-bugged version of the driver.

I tried to boot Debian stable and the driver (v16) loads correctly and the connected HDDs are listed when running parted -l.

Does anybody have any suggestion ?
Thank you very much in advance.

UPDATE: with Gentoo sources 3.18.24 I can detect the drives (MPT2SAS driver version 18.100)
UPDATE 2: with Gentoo sources 4.1.12 I can detect the drives (MPT2SAS driver version 20.100)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: