GNOME 3 & pulseaudio : sound volume issue
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr.P4T4TE
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:26 pm    Post subject: GNOME 3 & pulseaudio : sound volume issue Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm trying GNOME 3 (with systemd) and everything works fine except the sound volume : it can be randomly muted or lowered without action.

I tryed to get some help on IRC (#gnome #gnome-hackers and #pulseaudio), I did some modification on pulseaudio configuration ("flat-volumes = no" in ~/.config/pulse/daemon.conf and "autospawn = no" in ~/.config/pulse/client.conf) without success : pulseaudio get a changed volume order but i dont know what process do that (The reference volume of sink alsa_output.pci-0000_00_1b.0.analog-stereo changed 100% / 0.00 dB to 9% / -64.00 dB).
I can found 1 error in log but i think is not the same problem ( E: [pulseaudio] bluez5-util.c: GetManagedObjects() failed: org.freedesktop.systemd1.LoadFailed: Unit dbus-org.bluez.service failed to load: No such file or directory.)

Do you have some suggestion ?

Log :
Pulseaudio : https://bpaste.net/show/71076a0f65b8
portage : https://bpaste.net/show/38c070d5a492
Logicien
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

the autospawn variable concern the capability of Pulseaudio to launch itself if it's down when a sound client request Pulseaudio. It is not suppose to change the mixer setup.

You can try to block the mixer to a certain volume in Pulseaudio utility Pavucontrol. One thing I see who can change volume is if you do not have an /etc/asound.conf and/or an ~/.asoundrc file(s) who redirect Alsa clients to Pulseaudio. If some sound clients use Alsa instead of Pulseaudio, this can change the mixer setup.
Code:
pcm.pulse {
    type pulse
}

ctl.pulse {
    type pulse
}

pcm.!default {
    type pulse
}

ctl.!default {
    type pulse
}

Mr.P4T4TE
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but disable autospawn variable is require to create a pulseaudio log.

I have not /etc/asound or ~/.asoudrc or ~/.config/asoundrc
I tried to emerge pavucontrol but issue is still here.

I'm just trying to create .asoundrc to paste your config but it dont work.

I think that it is a problem between gnome process and pulseaudio but i dont know how find this process.
Mr.P4T4TE
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In systemd log i found this when i start pulseaudio daemon :
Quote:
nov. 13 09:06:30 Fractal gnome-session[2087]: (gnome-settings-daemon:2133): media-keys-plugin-WARNING **: Unable to get default source
nov. 13 09:07:04 Fractal gnome-session[2087]: (gnome-settings-daemon:2133): media-keys-plugin-WARNING **: Unable to get default sink

After some time sound volume is lowered to 9% because module-alsa-card detects a strange connection to front headphone jack : (full log : https://bpaste.net/show/55c9255c18cc)
Quote:
module-alsa-card.c: Jack 'Front Headphone Jack' is now plugged in

Of course i have not jack on front headphone ... Probably a bad sensor contact...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: