LibreOffice Impress features non-functional/missing
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chaoscommander
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:06 am    Post subject: LibreOffice Impress features non-functional/missing Reply with quote

My installation of LibreOffice is missing features described in the official documentation or they don't work. I'm not sure if this is all of them, but these two I noticed so far:

There is no option to enable remote control. Documentation says it is supposed to be at Settings -> Impress, but it's simply not there, nor anywhere else.

The second one is more important right now: the presenter console doesn't recognize I have multiple displays. The system does. I can split my desktop, I can have it duplicated, use only one screen or the other etc., but when I click "Presentation Settings", the drop-down list for how to use multiple displays is disabled. I really need to use Presenter Console on my primary display while showing the slides on an external display. Any idea how I can make LibreOffice acknowledge the second display? This used to work on some previous version.

Here's my flags for libreoffice-bin:
Code:
Installed versions:  4.4.3.2^st(09:45:05 16.06.2015)(kde -aqua -gnome -java ELIBC="-FreeBSD" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python2_7 -python3_3 -python3_4" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_3 -python3_4")
Roman_Gruber
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as an alternative you may build libreoffice from the ebuild.

Quote:
Any idea how I can make LibreOffice acknowledge the second display?

I do not have a secondary display, but it looks more like a gpu / kernel setup / desctop envirionment /gpu setting / x-server setting issue.
chaoscommander
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
Any idea how I can make LibreOffice acknowledge the second display?

I do not have a secondary display, but it looks more like a gpu / kernel setup / desctop envirionment /gpu setting / x-server setting issue.

The desktop environment (KDE) recognizes and uses the secondary display just as would be expected. Can you give me any pointers for narrowing down the cause?
chaoscommander
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebuilt libreoffice from source, which added the Remote Control functionality, and then it seemed to be important to first connect and power on the secondary display before launching Impress, which solved the display issue.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: