View previous topic :: View next topic  
szatox
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL;DR
Miro, try to make your point within a space like this:
Code:

If you have something very complex to say, you can even make it double, but there is really no point in making a wall of text. Nobody will spend their time reading it.
I glanced over it and I didn't notice any keywords that could at least name the subject. I just know you pasted links to a few other topics.
And just in case your goal was testing the limits of phpbb, I can tell you what it is: a single post can be up for 64kB long, because this is the limit of "text" type field in MySQL.
John R. Graham
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi miroR,

I'm going to go out on what I believe to be a very sturdy limb here to say that you're missing the point. You're defending the technical merit of your posts, but I believe that their technical merit is not even relevant to the current discussion. Most of your threads start along the lines of, "Here's a problem I'm working on," and then continue on in a lot of detail as you work on the problem. As several people have pointed out to you, this is the very essence of blogging. Now, blogging on topics you're interested is a fine thing to do. However, such material is inappropriate for the Gentoo Forums. Although we do provide such space for developers, Gentoo does not set out to provide space for its regular forum users to blog.

As you've said that you need notice and some time in order to find alternate space to host your blog, please consider this to be formal notice: we'd really like you to find somewhere else to host them.

Now, in the course of your work, if you come to some conclusions—and can document those conclusions in a clear and concise manner—they might be a good fit for the Forums.

- John
khayyam
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miroR wrote:
Since the discontent, with me, or that it be other sentiment, against me, by some Gentooers is not abiding, as is plain to see in these topics:

miro ... I stoped reading after this paragraph ... why read further when the very first sentence, the one that should provide a lead in, and clue to what it is that you're going to say, is utter gibberish.

best ... khay
John R. Graham
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he meant "abating".

- John
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: