kde5 device notifier can't automount USB
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pd1986
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject: kde5 device notifier can't automount USB Reply with quote

Error log from .xssession-error

"Could not mount the following device: 15.0 GiB Removable Media" "An unspecified error has occurred: Not authorized to perform operation" "/org/freedesktop/UDisks2/block_devices/sdc1"

However, mount in Dolphin and umount in Device Notifier have no problem.
I am using openrc Does anyone have an idea how to solve this problem? Thanks
AnOriginalNick
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: kde5 device notifier can't automount USB Reply with quote

pd1986 wrote:

"Could not mount the following device: 15.0 GiB Removable Media" "An unspecified error has occurred: Not authorized to perform operation" "/org/freedesktop/UDisks2/block_devices/sdc1"

IMHO it is a polkit issue, recently had my share of problems with this thing, you should add similar rule to /etc/polkit-1/rules.d/<some number> - <some name>.rules (i.e. 10-enable_mount.rules)

Code:
polkit.addRule(function(action, subject) {
        if (action.id.indexOf("org.freedesktop.udisks2.") == 0 &&
        subject.isInGroup("users")) {
                return polkit.Result.YES;
        }
});

Do note, that for this particular rule your user has to be in users groups (or you can drop the "&& subject.isInGroup("users")" clause, whichever you want). Polkit will automatically update your ruleset in time, but you can hasten the process by rebooting.
pd1986
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: kde5 device notifier can't automount USB Reply with quote

AnOriginalNick wrote:
pd1986 wrote:

IMHO it is a polkit issue, recently had my share of problems with this thing, you should add similar rule to /etc/polkit-1/rules.d/<some number> - <some name>.rules (i.e. 10-enable_mount.rules)

Code:
        }
});

Do note, that for this particular rule your user has to be in users groups (or you can drop the "&& subject.isInGroup("users")" clause, whichever you want). Polkit will automatically update your ruleset in time, but you can hasten the process by rebooting.

has been tried. not working for automount but working by clicking.

In fact, suspend, reboot, shutdown, automount on dolphin, all work very well. So I don't know what I could try.
pd1986
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: kde5 device notifier can't automount USB Reply with quote

AnOriginalNick wrote:
pd1986 wrote:

Code:
        }
});

However, I tried the method shown here:https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Polkit
But it doesn't work. why?
AnOriginalNick
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: kde5 device notifier can't automount USB Reply with quote

pd1986 wrote:
AnOriginalNick wrote:
pd1986 wrote:

Code:
        }
});

Well, I am not entirely sure what you mean, but I believe the syntax changed a little since then and the wiki entry isn't 100% appropriate anymore, especially I am not sure that returning simply "yes" is valid anymore.
pd1986
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: kde5 device notifier can't automount USB Reply with quote

AnOriginalNick wrote:
pd1986 wrote:
AnOriginalNick wrote:
pd1986 wrote:

Code:
        }
});

Well, I am not entirely sure what you mean, but I believe the syntax changed a little since then and the wiki entry isn't 100% appropriate anymore, especially I am not sure that returning simply "yes" is valid anymore.

All right, Thanks.
I mean that when I plug the USB in my computer, it isn't automounted automatically, only it could only be automounted when I click it in device notifier. Well. it really doesn't matter. It is good now. Thanks.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: