[Solved] black screen after screen blanking
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
muddle
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:31 pm    Post subject: [Solved] black screen after screen blanking Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have a problem with the KDE screen blanking (energy saving):
I cannot resume using the keyboard or mouse after the energy saving started. However, it is possible to switch on the backlight by switching to a text console (ctrl+alt+f1) and switching back to the x console or by closing the lid (suspend to ram) and opening it again. Adjusting the screen brightness by using special keys works before the screen blanks but does not help afterwards.
The notebook does not crash. I can still ssh into the computer and if I awake it by one of the upper methods, keys I pressed are shown in a previously opened console.

I'm using UEFI boot and the closed source nvidia-drivers (355.11). Kde version is 4.14.3 and the kernel is gentoo-sources-4.2.0-r1

Please tell me what additional information you would need to help me.

Thanks,
muddle

Edit:
Seems that this was not an issue with KDE. Using the latest stable gentoo-sources (4.0.5) also did not help.
So I went back to the nvidia-drivers-346.96 and got back the ability of energy saving (haven't tried the ~nvidia-drivers-346.96-r1).
With newer stable nvidia-drivers (352.41 and 355.11) everything seems to work fine except from the above mentioned issue.
njharris
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: [Solved] black screen after screen blanking Reply with quote

muddle wrote:
Hi all,

I have a problem with the KDE screen blanking (energy saving):
I cannot resume using the keyboard or mouse after the energy saving started. However, it is possible to switch on the backlight by switching to a text console (ctrl+alt+f1) and switching back to the x console or by closing the lid (suspend to ram) and opening it again. Adjusting the screen brightness by using special keys works before the screen blanks but does not help afterwards.
The notebook does not crash. I can still ssh into the computer and if I awake it by one of the upper methods, keys I pressed are shown in a previously opened console.

I'm using UEFI boot and the closed source nvidia-drivers (355.11). Kde version is 4.14.3 and the kernel is gentoo-sources-4.2.0-r1

Please tell me what additional information you would need to help me.

Thanks,
muddle

Edit:
Seems that this was not an issue with KDE. Using the latest stable gentoo-sources (4.0.5) also did not help.
So I went back to the nvidia-drivers-346.96 and got back the ability of energy saving (haven't tried the ~nvidia-drivers-346.96-r1).
With newer stable nvidia-drivers (352.41 and 355.11) everything seems to work fine except from the above mentioned issue.

FYI: I had the same issue and nvidia-drivers-346.96-r1 appears to function properly.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: