kcontrol / kdebase-kioslaves / kio-extras block
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ch64
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:33 pm    Post subject: kcontrol / kdebase-kioslaves / kio-extras block Reply with quote

Hello. I do not know how to solve these Blocks: http://pastebin.com/w3USCLGH

I'm pretty sorry. :roll:
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
You may want to try a larger value of the --backtrack option, such as --backtrack=30

...or higher.
ch64
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't help to use backtrack=30 or backtrack=2600 ... :roll:
ct85711
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
[blocks B      ] kde-apps/kcontrol:4 ("kde-apps/kcontrol:4" is blocking kde-apps/kio-extras-15.08.0)
[blocks B      ] kde-apps/kdebase-kioslaves:4[-minimal(-)] ("kde-apps/kdebase-kioslaves:4[-minimal(-)]" is blocking kde-apps/kio-extras-15.08.0)

I don't know why you haven't been looking at what it's saying... You need a newer version on kcontrol, most likly one for qt5 (not qt4); try kde-apps/kcontrol-15.08.0, the same thing for kdebase-kioslaves.
Ironically enough, both have the same version as kio-extras available...
LubosD
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ct85711 wrote:
Code:
[blocks B      ] kde-apps/kcontrol:4 ("kde-apps/kcontrol:4" is blocking kde-apps/kio-extras-15.08.0)
[blocks B      ] kde-apps/kdebase-kioslaves:4[-minimal(-)] ("kde-apps/kdebase-kioslaves:4[-minimal(-)]" is blocking kde-apps/kio-extras-15.08.0)

I don't know why you haven't been looking at what it's saying... You need a newer version on kcontrol, most likly one for qt5 (not qt4); try kde-apps/kcontrol-15.08.0, the same thing for kdebase-kioslaves.
Ironically enough, both have the same version as kio-extras available...

Because kcontrol and kdebase-kioslaves are in slot 4 (and the ebuilds itself look like KDE 4), even though the versions indicate KDE 5. Who knows why...
ch64
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have updated both packets. But the block remains.

Code:

Total: 143 packages (107 upgrades, 1 downgrade, 25 new, 7 in new slots, 3 reinstalls, 5 uninstalls), Size of downloads: 308339 KiB
Conflict: 7 blocks (2 unsatisfied)

!!! Multiple package instances within a single package slot have been pulled
!!! into the dependency graph, resulting in a slot conflict:

media-libs/x264:0

(media-libs/x264-0.0.20140308:0/142::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    >=media-libs/x264-0.0.20090923:0/142= required by (media-video/vlc-2.2.1:0/5-8::gentoo, installed)
                                  ^^^^^^^                                                                                                 

(media-libs/x264-0.0.20150820:0/148::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    >=media-libs/x264-0.0.20100423:0/148= required by (media-video/mplayer-1.2_pre20150214:0/0::gentoo, installed)
                                  ^^^^^^^                                                                                                             
    (and 1 more with the same problem)

It may be possible to solve this problem by using package.mask to
prevent one of those packages from being selected. However, it is also
possible that conflicting dependencies exist such that they are
impossible to satisfy simultaneously.  If such a conflict exists in
the dependencies of two different packages, then those packages can
not be installed simultaneously. You may want to try a larger value of
the --backtrack option, such as --backtrack=30, in order to see if
that will solve this conflict automatically.

For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man
page or refer to the Gentoo Handbook.

* Error: The above package list contains packages which cannot be
 * installed at the same time on the same system.

(kde-apps/kdebase-kioslaves-15.08.0:4/15.08::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    >=kde-apps/kdebase-kioslaves-4.4:4[aqua=] (>=kde-apps/kdebase-kioslaves-4.4:4[-aqua]) required by (net-p2p/ktorrent-4.3.1-r1:4/4::gentoo, installed)
    kde-apps/kdebase-kioslaves required by @selected
    >=kde-apps/kdebase-kioslaves-4.14.3:4[aqua=] (>=kde-apps/kdebase-kioslaves-4.14.3:4[-aqua]) required by (kde-apps/kdebase-runtime-meta-4.14.3:4/4::gentoo, installed)
    >=kde-apps/kdebase-kioslaves-15.08.0 required by (kde-apps/kdebase-runtime-meta-15.08.0:5/5::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)

(kde-apps/kio-extras-15.08.0:5/5::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    >=kde-apps/kio-extras-15.08.0:5 required by (kde-apps/dolphin-15.08.0:5/5::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)

(kde-apps/kcontrol-15.08.0:4/15.08::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    >=kde-apps/kcontrol-15.08.0 required by (kde-apps/kdebase-runtime-meta-15.08.0:5/5::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=kde-apps/kcontrol-4.14.3:4[aqua=] (>=kde-apps/kcontrol-4.14.3:4[-aqua]) required by (kde-apps/kdebase-runtime-meta-4.14.3:4/4::gentoo, installed)
    kde-apps/kcontrol required by @selected
Apheus
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean completely remove kcontrol. It is not slotted, and there seems to be a hard block on plasma. I don't know why there even exists a 15.08 version. Unusable together with the other 15.08 kde-apps because of missing slotting.
LubosD
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apheus wrote:
I mean completely remove kcontrol. It is not slotted, and there seems to be a hard block on plasma. I don't know why there even exists a 15.08 version. Unusable together with the other 15.08 kde-apps because of missing slotting.

I did, but it's required by kdebase-runtime-meta. Should I get rid of that too?
Apheus
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LubosD wrote:
Should I get rid of that too?

Try with the "minimal" use flag on kdebase-runtime-meta first.
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apheus: Your advice is good for a plasma-5 upgrade, this is not about plasma-5 though.

The problem is that dolphin:5 has kio-extras:5 as a runtime dependency, which blocks kcontrol/kdebase-kioslaves:4 from kde4 workspaces. Mask dolphin:5 to solve the conflict.

Last edited by asturm on Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Apheus
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I confused this thread with that one from the topic reply notification e-mails.
ch64
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

genstorm. masking the 5er dolphin works.
LubosD
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emerge worked, thanks for advice.

That being said, I already regret moving to KDE 5. Dolphin doesn't start, lockscreen doesn't show up (but the screen is blocked, so I have to reboot) and "The process for the file protocol died unexpectedly" all the time. So it's KDE 4.0 all over again. Jesus.
kensington
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your testing and feedback - I've committed some changes which should help address this issue. Specifically, the kde-apps/kdebase-kioslaves block has been removed as it's obsolete, and there's a new revision of kde-apps/kcontrol which should avoid the blocker.
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LubosD wrote:
That being said, I already regret moving to KDE 5.

Sorry I don't understand, what did you move to? Plasma-5, KDE Applications 15.08 or both?

LubosD wrote:
Dolphin doesn't start, lockscreen doesn't show up (but the screen is blocked, so I have to reboot)

What version of dolphin, init system, login manager?
davidm
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LubosD wrote:
Emerge worked, thanks for advice.

That being said, I already regret moving to KDE 5. Dolphin doesn't start, lockscreen doesn't show up (but the screen is blocked, so I have to reboot) and "The process for the file protocol died unexpectedly" all the time. So it's KDE 4.0 all over again. Jesus.

It's been working here. Dolphin:5 ( 15.08 ) starts and my lockscreen with sddm (+systemd) is functional. I'm in the process of updating today though so I'm unsure if you got some kind of bad update I didn't. If what Kensington did doesn't help you should probably post the logs here or file a bug if you haven't done so. Two people who posted in this thread often commit changes to the kde packages including Kensington who I think is one of the leads if not the lead? Whatever is going on shouldn't be occurring and isn't for everyone using Plasma 5/qt5 packages. So don't worry it will be fixed soon I am sure. Gentoo has exceptional KDE support IMO. :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: