dbus impositioners? or something else?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miroR
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:28 pm    Post subject: dbus impositioners? or something else? Reply with quote

I wish I could explain all of this concisely, but it's too intricate for the time available to me to even pick up the exact crucial pieces only. Because, being these matters complex, I don't see with sufficient and clear certainty which exact pieces are causing what I'll bring to your attentin below.

So I thought I'd start with the cups package, where it seems, in my instance, that the drive to impose dbus onto Gentoo users of the whole world transpires.

This is a (primitive, I'm not really a programmer) research, so I may end up exposing wrong conjectures as I go or even (temporarily) arrive at wrong conclusions. Read with some reserve.

It you look into the /usr/portage/app-text/cups, with the latest (which is yesterday's by the time of this post available portage snapshot, portage-20150829.tar.xz), you'll see:
Code:

../
./
files/
ChangeLog
Manifest
cups-2.0.3.ebuild
cups-2.0.4.ebuild
cups-9999.ebuild
metadata.xml

and if you look up, if you have it, or if you had the portage snapshot from some two weeks ago, the same dir is with almost all ebuilds of different versions.

Exactly the old snapshot, as I keep them just in case, since I update my portage, offline, sure, from my local mirror, with:
Code:

# emerge-webrsync -k

is: /usr/portage/distfiles/portage-20150812.tar.xz, and I can, if I want to, uncompress it somewhere to view previous contents of portage folders...

Looking up the first fortnight of August cups' content in portage, you can/could see:

Code:

../
./
files/
ChangeLog
Manifest
cups-2.0.1-r1.ebuild
cups-2.0.2-r1.ebuild
cups-2.0.3.ebuild
cups-9999.ebuild
metadata.xml

It appears to be a rush in these quarters, around the net-print, in this FOSS Linux that should be a true free software environment, to replace all that depends on cups or that cups depends upon in such a way as to make dbus indispensable for, sooner or later, all of FOSS Linux users of the world.

(
dbus is a poetterware or poetterware-related and I simply don't want it in my system. Read how hard those industrial-military-complex's RedHat's employers push for dbus going into the very kernel, for their conrporate masters, the one-ring-to-rule-them-all cravers behind the scenes:

kdbus in the kernel
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1004624.html
)

I have already run emerge -tuDN world (I have --ask and --verbose in my /etc/portage/make.conf), and the emerge run ended without updating my completely non-related-to-cups packages (see the post after next)... Aaarrghhh!... I already made a few tries, and it's a hard snag, not going away.

Now I have reverted the changes that I tried unsuccessfully, for the sake of this fight for free computing, the non-poetterware computing, to be able to give you as complete a report as I can...

I'm however not sure how readers will follow me without my posting of my /etc/portage/package.* files...

They're in the next, separate post. Skim though them more quickly, but go back to analyze them if later you need to figure out the reason why this or that.
miroR
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

package.accept_keywords:
Code:

NOTHING RELATED

package.keywords:
Code:

# these two lines are I uncommented on my review of this file. So the their
# update, in the post after this, is not related to this Gentoo topic.
#=net-misc/openssh-6.6.1_p1-r3
#=sys-apps/man-db-2.6.7.1
=app-admin/syslog-ng-3.4.8
=x11-libs/gtk+-2.24.26
#=www-client/midori-0.5.5
dev-java/icedtea ~amd64
=dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7
=dev-qt/qtgui-4.8.7
=dev-qt/qtscript-4.8.7
=dev-qt/qtsql-4.8.7
=dev-qt/qttranslations-4.8.7
# for portage-20150829 --these are the reverted changes I talk about in the previous post.
#=app-text/poppler-0.33.0-r1
#=net-print/cups-2.0.3
#=app-text/texlive-core-2014

package.license:
Code:

# required by media-libs/xine-lib-1.2.5
# required by media-libs/opencv-2.4.8[xine]
# required by media-plugins/frei0r-plugins-1.4[facedetect]
>=media-libs/faac-1.28-r4 MPEG-4
>=media-fonts/corefonts-1-r6 MSttfEULA
#media-fonts/freefonts freedist

package.mask:
Code:

media-video/libav
gnome-base/gconf
>=app-crypt/gnupg-2.0.22
app-accessibility/at-spi2-atk
app-accessibility/at-spi2-core
sys-apps/dbus
sys-auth/polkit
sys-auth/consolekit
media-sound/pulseaudio
sys-apps/systemd
sys-fs/udev
sys-fs/udev-init-scripts
x11-drivers/xf86-input-evdev
>=sys-apps/hwids-20140509
=app-admin/syslog-ng-3.5.6
=net-misc/openssh-6.6.1_p1-r4
=app-admin/syslog-ng-3.6.1
=app-admin/syslog-ng-3.6.2
=app-admin/syslog-ng-3.6.3
=app-admin/syslog-ng-3.6.4
=app-admin/syslog-ng-3.7.1
=sys-apps/man-db-2.7.1
dev-java/oracle-jdk-bin
dev-java/oracle-jre-bin
=virtual/jdk-1.8.0
=virtual/jre-1.8.0
=dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.6-r2
=dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.6
=dev-qt/qttranslations-4.8.6-r1
=dev-qt/qttranslations-4.8.6
# (steveL) pulls in gdbus
>=x11-libs/gtk+-3.10.0
# 2 lines, for portage-20150812
# temporarily masked. Else wouldn't have 'emerge world'.
#=sys-libs/ncurses-6.0
#=dev-libs/liborcus-0.9.2
# 1 line, for portage-20150812
# dcron not working/grsec RBAC rules unmanageable; see [*] in bottom of this post:
>=sys-process/cronbase-0.3.4
# inherit ... systemd ...
>=media-tv/tvheadend-3.4.27
# for portage-20150829 --these are the reverted changes I talk about in the previous post.
#>=net-print/cups-filters-1.0.73
#>=app-text/poppler-0.34.0
#>=net-print/cups-2.0.4
#>=net-print/cups-2.0.4
#=app-text/texlive-core-2015

package.unmask:
Code:

package.use:
Code:

x11-base/xorg-server -udev
sys-kernel/linux-firmware savedconfig
x11-wm/openbox xdg imlib
x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati -glamor
x11-libs/libXfont truetype
dev-libs/libxml2 python
# required by x11-libs/glamor-0.6.0-r1
>=media-libs/mesa-10.1.0 gbm
x11-terms/rxvt-unicode pixbuf
>=app-text/ghostscript-gpl-9.14 cups
virtual/ffmpeg threads sdl jpeg2k mp3 x264 X theora vdpau
media-sound/audacity alsa ffmpeg flac id3tag jack ladspa libsamplerate midi mp3 soundtouch twolame vamp vorbis
media-plugins/gst-plugins-meta ogg vorbis X a52 aac alsa dts dv dvb dvd esd ffmpeg flac lame mms mp3 mpeg musepack mythtv oss taglib theora v4l vcd vpx wavpack xv
media-video/vlc dvd ffmpeg mpeg mad wxwindows aac dts a52 ogg flac theora oggvorbis matroska freetype postproc xv svga gnutls stream vlm
sys-libs/zlib minizip
media-video/ffmpeg X aac alsa amr aviocat avx bzip2 cpudetection cws2fws dirac encode faac ffeval frei0r graph2dot hardcoded-tables ieee1394 ismindex jpeg2k mmx mp3 oss pic pktdumper qt-faststart schroedinger sdl theora threads trasher truetype v4l v4l2 vdpau vorbis vpx x264 xvid zlib 3dnow 3dnowext aacplus ass rtmp speex cdio gnutls gsm jack libass mmxext modplug network openssl sse sse2 vaapi fontconfig libcaca libsoxr twolame
media-video/gpac sdl ssl a52 aac alsa ffmpeg jack jpeg jpeg2k mad opengl png theora truetype vorbis xml xvi
media-libs/swfdec  gtk alsa ffmpeg gstreamer
media-gfx/imagemagick X jpeg lcms png svg tiff truetype xml corefonts djvu fftw fontconfig fpx graphviz hdri jbig jpeg2k lqr openexr pango perl postscript webp wmf
media-libs/alsa-lib python
dev-vcs/git cgi doc gtk highlight tk
# required by firefox
media-libs/libpng apng
www-servers/apache doc suexec
dev-lang/tk truetype
www-apps/cgit vhosts
www-client/firefox -dbus
x11-libs/gtk+ -dbus -introspection
app-portage/layman gpg
>=media-libs/gst-plugins-base-1.2.4-r1 theora
media-libs/harfbuzz icu
app-doc/pms html
>=dev-vcs/subversion-1.8.9 -dso perl
dev-libs/cyrus-sasl pam
mail-mta/postfix pam doc
net-analyzer/wireshark caps crypt doc filecaps ipv6 netlink pcap qt4 ssl zlib lua
media-video/mplayer dts doc faac libmpeg2 md5sum mp3 toolame twolame
mail-client/mutt doc imap mbox pop smime gpg smtp ssl -gnutls
net-mail/dovecot doc imapc pam
sys-apps/portage doc
#net-misc/stunnel -ipv6
dev-vcs/mercurial gpg tk
net-analyzer/nmap ncat ndig nping
#app-admin/ulogd doc pcap -nfacct -sqlite
net-dns/bind-tools doc
app-text/poppler qt4
net-firewall/conntrack-tools doc
app-emulation/wine -gstreamer -udisks xcomposite mp3
# required by net-analyzer/sslscan-1.8.2
net-libs/libnftnl examples
>=sys-process/lsof-4.88 rpc examples
app-editors/vim lua python perl
#virtual/rubygems ruby_targets_ruby21
net-fs/nfs-utils ipv6 libmount nfsidmap nfsv4 -tcpd -uuid
# These are (all or mostly) dbus impositioning programs too:
#net-libs/webkit-gtk X egl gstreamer introspection jit opengl webgl -coverage -debug -geoloc -gles2 -libsecret -spell -wayland
#www-client/midori jit webkit2 deprecated -doc -granite -introspection -geoloc -zeitgeist
#>=net-libs/libsoup-2.48.1 introspection
#net-libs/webkit-gtk -geoloc introspection
www-client/links -ipv6
www-client/lynx -ipv6
dev-lang/php gd cgi
# required by virtual/rubygems-10::gentoo[ruby_targets_ruby21]
# required by media-video/mkvtoolnix-7.8.0::gentoo
# required by @selected
# required by @world (argument)
>=dev-ruby/rubygems-2.4.7 ruby_targets_ruby21
>=dev-ruby/json-1.8.2-r1 ruby_targets_ruby21
# required by dev-ruby/json-1.8.3::gentoo[-test,ruby_targets_ruby21]
# required by dev-ruby/rdoc-4.1.2-r1::gentoo[ruby_targets_ruby19]
# required by dev-lang/ruby-2.0.0_p645::gentoo[rdoc]
# required by dev-ruby/rubygems-2.4.7::gentoo[ruby_targets_ruby20]
>=virtual/rubygems-11 ruby_targets_ruby21
# required by www-client/dillo-3.0.5-r1::miro
# required by @selected
# required by @world (argument)
>=x11-libs/fltk-1.3.3-r3 xft
# required by sys-power/suspend-1.0_p20150622::gentoo[crypt,lzo]
# required by suspend (argument)
>=dev-libs/libgcrypt-1.6.3-r3 static-libs
>=dev-libs/lzo-2.08-r1 static-libs
>=dev-libs/libgpg-error-1.19 static-libs
# required by virtual/jpeg-0-r2::gentoo
# required by media-gfx/splashutils-1.5.4.4-r6::gentoo
# required by splashutils (argument)
>=media-libs/libjpeg-turbo-1.4.1 static-libs
# 5 lines
# required by media-gfx/splashutils-1.5.4.4-r6::gentoo[respective flag]
# required by splashutils (argument)
>=sys-libs/zlib-1.2.8-r1 static-libs
>=virtual/jpeg-0-r2:0 static-libs
>=sys-libs/gpm-1.20.7-r2 static-libs
>=media-libs/libpng-1.6.18 static-libs
>=media-libs/freetype-2.6 static-libs
>=app-arch/bzip2-1.0.6-r7 static-libs
media-tv/xawtv xext #zvbi fails to compile #lirc (wouldn't compile)
# inherit ...systemd...
#media-tv/tvheadend lirc
sys-power/cpupower cpufreq_bench
media-video/vdr alternatechannel bidi graphtft html mainmenuhooks menuorg menuselection permashift_v1 ttxtsubs
media-plugins/vdr-xineliboutput bluray fbcon libextractor vdpau xinerama
media-plugins/vdr-xine yaepg
media-libs/xine-lib aac bluray directfb fbcon flac gtk theora vcd vdpau vdr vpx
# required by media-plugins/vdr-xine-0.9.4-r1::gentoo
# required by vdr-xine (argument)
#>=media-libs/xine-lib-1.2.6-r1
media-video/xine-ui X libcaca nls readline vdr xinerama

EDIT START:
[*] why cronbase above 0.3.4 masked see in:
The new cronbase' issues with grsec RBAC policy
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1026832.html
EDIT END

Last edited by miroR on Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
miroR
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I was thinking how to make the problem more visible upfront, so I don't get complaints about my methods being poor when I describe my issues...

Here: In the long log below, and they can be easily quickly skimmed through, the crucial lines are these:
Code:

>>> Compiling source in /var/tmp/portage/net-print/cups-filters-1.0.74/work/cups-filters-1.0.74 ...
make -j1
gdbus-codegen \
    --interface-prefix org.cups.cupsd \
    --c-namespace Cups \
    --generate-c-code cups-notifier \
    utils/org.cups.cupsd.Notifier.xml
make: gdbus-codegen: Command not found
Makefile:4802: recipe for target 'cups-notifier.c' failed
make: *** [cups-notifier.c] Error 127
 * ERROR: net-print/cups-filters-1.0.74::gentoo failed (compile phase):
 *   emake failed

Sure now you need, that you may be of lower of higher level of knowledge, sure now you need the logs, in more complete pastes...

So, with the setup as in /etc/portage/package.* seen in the previous post, it went like this:
Code:

gcn ~ # emerge -tuDN world |& tee /Cmn/BAK_/emerge.d/emerge_world_$(date +%s)

These are the packages that would be merged, in reverse order:

Calculating dependencies  ...... .. ............. .... done!
[ebuild     U  ] www-client/firefox-40.0.2::gentoo [39.0.3::gentoo] USE="gstreamer hardened jemalloc3 minimal -bindist -custom-cflags -custom-optimization -dbus -debug -egl (-gmp-autoupdate) -gstreamer-0 -jit (-neon) (-pgo) -pulseaudio (-selinux) -startup-notification -system-cairo -system-icu -system-jpeg -system-libvpx -system-sqlite {-test} -wifi" LINGUAS="-af -ar -as -ast -be -bg -bn_BD -bn_IN -br -bs -ca -cs -cy -da -de -el -en_GB -en_ZA -eo -es_AR -es_CL -es_ES -es_MX -et -eu -fa -fi -fr -fy_NL -ga_IE -gd -gl -gu_IN -he -hi_IN -hr -hu -hy_AM -id -is -it -ja -kk -km -kn -ko -lt -lv -mai -mk -ml -mr -nb_NO -nl -nn_NO -or -pa_IN -pl -pt_BR -pt_PT -rm -ro -ru -si -sk -sl -son -sq -sr -sv_SE -ta -te -th -tr -uk -vi -xh -zh_CN -zh_TW" 0 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] media-video/gpac-0.5.2::gentoo [0.5.1_pre5456::gentoo] USE="a52 aac alsa dvb ffmpeg ipv6 jack jpeg jpeg2k mad opengl png sdl ssl theora truetype vorbis xml xvid -debug -oss -pulseaudio -static-libs" 0 KiB
[ebuild  rR    ] media-video/cinelerra-20140710::gentoo  USE="alsa css opengl (-altivec) -debug -ieee1394 -oss" CPU_FLAGS_X86="mmx -3dnow" 0 KiB
[ebuild  rR    ] media-video/mplayer-1.2_pre20150730::gentoo  USE="X a52 alsa cdio doc dts dvb dvd dvdnav enca encode faac gif iconv ipv6 jack jpeg jpeg2k libass libcaca libmpeg2 mad md5sum mng mp3 network opengl osdmenu png sdl shm toolame truetype twolame unicode v4l vorbis x264 xscreensaver xv xvid -aalib (-altivec) (-aqua) -bidi -bl -bluray -bs2b -cddb -cdparanoia -cpudetection -debug -dga -directfb -dv -faad -fbcon -ftp -ggi -gsm -joystick -ladspa -lirc -live -lzo -nas -nut -openal -oss -pnm -pulseaudio -pvr -radio -rar -rtc -rtmp -samba (-selinux) -speex -tga -theora -tremor -vdpau (-vidix) -xanim -xinerama -xvmc -zoran" CPU_FLAGS_X86="mmx mmxext sse sse2 -3dnow -3dnowext -ssse3" VIDEO_CARDS="-mga -s3virge -tdfx" 0 KiB
[ebuild  rR    ] media-video/vlc-2.2.1:0/5-8::gentoo  USE="X a52 alsa avcodec avformat dts dvb dvbpsi dvd encode ffmpeg flac fontconfig gcrypt gnutls jack jpeg libcaca libsamplerate matroska mpeg ncurses ogg opengl png postproc qt4 sdl svg swscale theora truetype v4l vlm vorbis x264 xcb xv -aalib (-altivec) -atmo (-audioqueue) -bidi -bluray -cdda -cddb -chromaprint -dbus -dc1394 -debug -directfb (-directx) (-dxva2) -faad -fdk -fluidsynth -gme -gnome -growl -httpd -ieee1394 -kate -kde -libass -libav -libnotify -libtar -libtiger -linsys -lirc -live -lua (-macosx-dialog-provider) (-macosx-eyetv) (-macosx-qtkit) (-macosx-quartztext) (-media-library) -modplug -mp3 -mtp -musepack (-neon) -omxil -opencv -optimisememory -opus -projectm -pulseaudio -qt5 -rdp -rtsp -run-as-root -samba -schroedinger -sdl-image -sftp -shout -sid -skins -speex -taglib {-test} -tremor -twolame -udev -upnp -vaapi -vcdx -vdpau -vnc -vpx -wma-fixed -x265 -xml -zeroconf -zvbi" CPU_FLAGS_X86="mmx sse" 0 KiB
[nomerge       ] media-video/ffmpeg-2.7.2:0/54.56.56::gentoo  USE="X aac aacplus alsa amr bzip2 cdio cpudetection encode faac fontconfig frei0r gnutls gpl gsm hardcoded-tables iconv ieee1394 jack jpeg2k libass libcaca libsoxr modplug mp3 network opengl openssl oss pic postproc schroedinger sdl speex theora threads truetype twolame v4l vaapi vdpau vorbis vpx x264 xvid zlib (-altivec) -amrenc (-armv5te) (-armv6) (-armv6t2) (-armvfp) -bluray -bs2b -celt -debug -doc -examples -fdk -flite -fribidi -gme -iec61883 -ladspa -librtmp -libv4l -lzma (-mipsdspr1) (-mipsdspr2) (-mipsfpu) (-neon) -openal -opus -pulseaudio -quvi -samba -ssh -static-libs {-test} -wavpack -webp -x265 -xcb -zvbi" ABI_X86="(64) -32 (-x32)" CPU_FLAGS_X86="mmx mmxext sse sse2 sse3 -3dnow -3dnowext -avx -avx2 -fma3 -fma4 -sse4_1 -sse4_2 -ssse3 -xop" FFTOOLS="aviocat cws2fws ffescape ffeval ffhash fourcc2pixfmt graph2dot ismindex pktdumper qt-faststart trasher"
[nomerge       ]  media-plugins/frei0r-plugins-1.4::gentoo  USE="facedetect scale0tilt -doc"
[ebuild   R    ]   media-libs/opencv-3.0.0:0/3.0::gentoo  USE="eigen ffmpeg gstreamer jpeg jpeg2k opengl openmp png python tiff v4l xine -contrib% -cuda -doc -examples -gtk -ieee1394 (-ipp) -java -libav -opencl -openexr (-pch) -qt4 -qt5 -testprograms -threads -vtk" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python2_7 -python3_3 -python3_4" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_4 -python3_3" 0 KiB
[nomerge       ] www-apps/cgit-0.11.2::gentoo  USE="highlight lua vhosts -doc -jit"
[ebuild     U  ]  virtual/httpd-cgi-0-r2::gentoo [0-r1::gentoo] 0 KiB
[nomerge       ] virtual/man-0-r1::gentoo
[ebuild     U  ]  sys-apps/man-db-2.7.2::gentoo [2.6.7.1::gentoo] USE="berkdb gdbm nls zlib (-selinux) -static-libs" 0 KiB
[nomerge       ] app-doc/pms-5-r2::gentoo  USE="html -binary"
[nomerge       ]  dev-texlive/texlive-latexextra-2015::gentoo  USE="-doc -source"
[nomerge       ]   dev-texlive/texlive-pictures-2015::gentoo  USE="-doc -source"
[ebuild     U  ]    dev-tex/pgf-3.0.1::gentoo [3.0.0::gentoo] USE="-doc -source" 0 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] media-video/mkvtoolnix-8.3.0::gentoo [8.2.0-r1::gentoo] USE="-curl -debug (-pch) -qt5 -wxwidgets" 0 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] net-irc/weechat-1.3::gentoo [1.2::gentoo] USE="alias charset exec fifo irc logger nls perl python relay scripts spell ssl trigger xfer -doc -guile -lua -ruby -tcl {-test}" LINGUAS="-cs -de -es -fr -hu -it -ja -pl -pt_BR -ru -tr" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python2_7 -python3_3 -python3_4" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_4 -python3_3" 0 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] net-analyzer/wireshark-1.12.7:0/1.12.7::gentoo [1.12.6:0/1.12.6::gentoo] USE="caps crypt doc filecaps gtk3 ipv6 lua netlink pcap qt4 ssl zlib -adns -doc-pdf -geoip -kerberos -portaudio -qt5 -sbc (-selinux) -smi" 0 KiB
[ebuild  rR    ] app-office/libreoffice-4.4.5.2::gentoo  USE="branding cups gstreamer gtk (-aqua) -bluetooth -coinmp -collada -dbus -debug -eds (-firebird) -gltf -gnome -gtk3 -java -jemalloc -kde -mysql -odk -postgres -telepathy {-test} -vlc" LIBREOFFICE_EXTENSIONS="-nlpsolver -scripting-beanshell -scripting-javascript -wiki-publisher" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python2_7 -python3_3 -python3_4" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_4 -python3_3" 0 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] net-misc/openssh-7.1_p1::gentoo [6.9_p1-r2::gentoo] USE="X hpn (pie) ssl -X509 -bindist -debug -kerberos -ldap -ldns -libedit -pam -sctp (-selinux) -skey -ssh1 -static" 0 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] sys-devel/gdb-7.10::gentoo [7.9.1::gentoo] USE="client nls python server zlib -expat -lzma -multitarget {-test} -vanilla" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python2_7 -python3_3 -python3_4" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_4 -python3_3" 0 KiB
[nomerge       ] app-editors/vim-7.4.827::gentoo  USE="X acl cscope gpm lua nls perl python -debug -luajit -minimal -racket -ruby (-selinux) -tcl -vim-pager" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_4 -python3_3"
[nomerge       ]  app-editors/vim-core-7.4.827::gentoo  USE="acl nls -minimal"
[ebuild     U  ]   app-vim/gentoo-syntax-20150823::gentoo [20141129::gentoo] USE="-ignore-glep31" 0 KiB
[nomerge       ] app-crypt/jacksum-1.7.0::gentoo
[nomerge       ]  virtual/jre-1.7.0:1.7::gentoo
[nomerge       ]   virtual/jdk-1.7.0:1.7::gentoo
[nomerge       ]    dev-java/icedtea-bin-7.2.5.5-r1:7::gentoo  USE="X alsa cups -cjk -doc -examples -nsplugin -pulseaudio (-selinux) -source -webstart"
[nomerge       ]     net-print/cups-2.0.4::gentoo  USE="X acl ssl threads -dbus -debug -java -kerberos -lprng-compat -pam -python (-selinux) -static-libs -systemd -usb -xinetd -zeroconf" ABI_X86="(64) -32 (-x32)" LINGUAS="ca cs de es fr it ja pt_BR ru" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7"
[ebuild     U  ]      net-print/cups-filters-1.0.74::gentoo [1.0.71::gentoo] USE="foomatic jpeg png tiff -dbus -perl -static-libs -zeroconf" 0 KiB

Total: 17 packages (12 upgrades, 5 reinstalls), Size of downloads: 0 KiB

WARNING: One or more updates/rebuilds have been skipped due to a dependency conflict:

dev-ruby/rdoc:0

(dev-ruby/rdoc-4.1.2-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) conflicts with
    >=dev-ruby/rdoc-4.0.1[ruby_targets_ruby21] required by (dev-lang/ruby-2.1.7:2.1/2.1::gentoo, installed)
                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

dev-ruby/racc:0

(dev-ruby/racc-1.4.12:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) conflicts with
    dev-ruby/racc[ruby_targets_ruby21] required by (dev-ruby/rdoc-4.1.2-r1:0/0::gentoo, installed)
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Would you like to merge these packages? [Yes/No]
>>> Verifying ebuild manifests
>>> Running pre-merge checks for app-office/libreoffice-4.4.5.2
 * Checking for at least 512 MiB RAM ...
 [ ok ]
 * Checking for at least 6 GiB disk space at "/var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-4.4.5.2/temp" ...
 [ ok ]
>>> Running pre-merge checks for media-video/mkvtoolnix-8.3.0
>>> Running pre-merge checks for www-client/firefox-40.0.2
 * Checking for at least 4 GiB disk space at "/var/tmp/portage/www-client/firefox-40.0.2/temp" ...
 [ ok ]

>>> Emerging (1 of 17) net-print/cups-filters-1.0.74::gentoo
 * cups-filters-1.0.74.tar.xz SHA256 SHA512 WHIRLPOOL size ;-) ...       [ ok ]
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking cups-filters-1.0.74.tar.xz to /var/tmp/portage/net-print/cups-filters-1.0.74/work
>>> Source unpacked in /var/tmp/portage/net-print/cups-filters-1.0.74/work
>>> Preparing source in /var/tmp/portage/net-print/cups-filters-1.0.74/work/cups-filters-1.0.74 ...
 * Running eautoreconf in '/var/tmp/portage/net-print/cups-filters-1.0.74/work/cups-filters-1.0.74' ...
 * Running libtoolize --install --copy --force --automake ...
 [ ok ]
 * Running aclocal -I m4 ...
 [ ok ]
 * Running autoconf --force ...
 [ ok ]
 * Running autoheader ...
 [ ok ]
 * Running automake --add-missing --copy --force-missing ...
 [ ok ]
 * Running elibtoolize in: cups-filters-1.0.74/
 *   Applying portage/1.2.0 patch ...
 *   Applying sed/1.5.6 patch ...
>>> Source prepared.
>>> Configuring source in /var/tmp/portage/net-print/cups-filters-1.0.74/work/cups-filters-1.0.74 ...
 * econf: updating cups-filters-1.0.74/config.guess with /usr/share/gnuconfig/config.guess
 * econf: updating cups-filters-1.0.74/config.sub with /usr/share/gnuconfig/config.sub
./configure --prefix=/usr --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var/lib --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-silent-rules --libdir=/usr/lib64 --docdir=/usr/share/doc/cups-filters-1.0.74 --disable-dbus --disable-avahi --disable-static --with-fontdir=fonts/conf.avail --with-pdftops=pdftops --enable-imagefilters --with-jpeg --with-png --with-tiff --with-rcdir=no --with-browseremoteprotocols=DNSSD,CUPS --without-php
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/lib/portage/python2.7/ebuild-helpers/xattr/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /bin/mkdir -p

I thought of replacing the following with a ...[cut 166 lines]... but will some still necessary info be missing then?
Code:

checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
checking whether make supports nested variables... yes
checking whether make supports nested variables... (cached) yes
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc
checking whether the C compiler works... yes
checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether we are cross compiling... no
checking for suffix of object files... o
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
checking whether x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
checking whether x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc understands -c and -o together... yes
checking for style of include used by make... GNU
checking dependency style of x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc... none
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... yes
checking whether x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++... none
checking how to run the C preprocessor... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -E
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
checking build system type... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
checking host system type... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
checking how to print strings... printf
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /bin/grep
checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
checking for fgrep... /bin/grep -F
checking for ld used by x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc... /usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for BSD- or MS-compatible name lister (nm)... /usr/bin/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-nm -B
checking the name lister (/usr/bin/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-nm -B) interface... BSD nm
checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 1572864
checking how to convert x86_64-pc-linux-gnu file names to x86_64-pc-linux-gnu format... func_convert_file_noop
checking how to convert x86_64-pc-linux-gnu file names to toolchain format... func_convert_file_noop
checking for /usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-objdump... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-objdump
checking how to recognize dependent libraries... pass_all
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-dlltool... no
checking for dlltool... no
checking how to associate runtime and link libraries... printf %s\n
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-ar... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-ar
checking for archiver @FILE support... @
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-strip... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-strip
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-ranlib... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-ranlib
checking command to parse /usr/bin/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-nm -B output from x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc object... ok
checking for sysroot... no
checking for a working dd... /bin/dd
checking how to truncate binary pipes... /bin/dd bs=4096 count=1
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-mt... no
checking for mt... no
checking if : is a manifest tool... no
checking for ANSI C header files... no
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking for objdir... .libs
checking if x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC -DPIC
checking if x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes
checking if x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc static flag -static works... yes
checking if x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes
checking whether the x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc linker (/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports shared libraries... yes
checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate
checking whether stripping libraries is possible... yes
checking if libtool supports shared libraries... yes
checking whether to build shared libraries... yes
checking whether to build static libraries... no
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -E
checking for ld used by x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++... /usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64
checking if the linker (/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) is GNU ld... yes
checking whether the x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ linker (/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports shared libraries... yes
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ option to produce PIC... -fPIC -DPIC
checking if x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes
checking if x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ static flag -static works... yes
checking if x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes
checking whether the x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ linker (/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports shared libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... (cached) GNU/Linux ld.so
checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-pkg-config... /usr/bin/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-pkg-config
checking pkg-config is at least version 0.20... yes
checking for cups-config... /usr/bin/cups-config
checking for library containing dlopen... -ldl
checking for strlcat... no
checking for strlcpy... no
checking for sigaction... yes
checking for waitpid... yes
checking for wait3... yes
checking for strtoll... yes
checking for open_memstream... yes
checking for getline... yes
checking for strcasestr... yes
checking for library containing pow... none required
checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/stat.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/types.h... (cached) yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking zlib.h usability... yes
checking zlib.h presence... yes
checking for zlib.h... yes
checking endian.h usability... yes
checking endian.h presence... yes
checking for endian.h... yes
checking dirent.h usability... yes
checking dirent.h presence... yes
checking for dirent.h... yes
checking sys/ioctl.h usability... yes
checking sys/ioctl.h presence... yes
checking for sys/ioctl.h... yes
checking jpeglib.h usability... yes
checking jpeglib.h presence... yes
checking for jpeglib.h... yes
checking for library containing jpeg_destroy_decompress... -ljpeg
checking for LIBPNG... yes
checking tiff.h usability... yes
checking tiff.h presence... yes
checking for tiff.h... yes
checking for library containing TIFFReadScanline... -ltiff
checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
checking ldap.h usability... yes
checking ldap.h presence... yes
checking for ldap.h... yes
checking for library containing ldap_initialize... -lldap
checking for ldap_start_tls in -lldap... yes
checking for ldap_set_rebind_proc in -lldap... yes
checking for GLIB... yes
checking for GIO... yes
checking for GIO_UNIX... yes
checking for LCMS... yes
checking for FREETYPE... yes
checking for FONTCONFIG... yes
checking for IJS... yes
checking for POPPLER... yes
checking for ZLIB... yes
checking for LIBQPDF... yes
checking poppler/cpp/poppler-version.h usability... yes
checking poppler/cpp/poppler-version.h presence... yes
checking for poppler/cpp/poppler-version.h... yes
checking for special C compiler options needed for large files... no
checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files... no
checking for long long... yes
checking for gs... /usr/bin/gs
checking whether gs supports the ps2write device... yes
checking for pdftops... /usr/bin/pdftops
checking whether pdftops supports -origpagesizes... yes
checking whether pdftops supports -r... yes
checking for pdftocairo... ./configure: line 19582: pdftocairo: command not found
no
checking for acroread... ./configure: line 19649: acroread: command not found
no
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... (cached) /bin/sed
./configure: line 19953: ]: command not found
checking that generated files are newer than configure... done

And wait to see how it will very soon end...
Code:

configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating libcupsfilters.pc
config.status: creating libfontembed.pc
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating filter/gstopxl
config.status: creating utils/cups-browsed
config.status: creating utils/cups-browsed.conf
config.status: creating filter/foomatic-rip/foomatic-rip.1
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: executing depfiles commands
config.status: executing libtool commands
configure:
==============================================================================
Environment settings:
   CFLAGS:          -march=native -O2 -pipe -Wall -pedantic -std=gnu99 -D_GNU_SOURCE
   CXXFLAGS:        -march=native -O2 -pipe -Wall -pedantic -D_GNU_SOURCE
   LDFLAGS:         -Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed
Build configuration:
   cups-config:     system
   font directory:  /etc/fonts/conf.avail
   init directory: 
   cups dom socket: /var/lib/run/cups/cups.sock
   gs-path:         system
   imagefilters:    yes
   jpeg:            yes
   pdftocairo-path: system
   pdftops:         pdftops
   pdftops-path:    system
   png:             yes
   php:             no
   php-config:      system
   shell:           /bin/bash
   test-font:       /usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSans.ttf
   tiff:            yes
   avahi:           no
   dbus:            no
   browsing:        DNSSD,CUPS
   werror:          no
==============================================================================

>>> Source configured.

See this... If I understand correctly. In other words, pls. correct me if I'm wrong!

gdbus is from that peotterware world. What gives those programmers (I know it's mostly upstream) the right to expect that this freaking gdbus binary ought to be available in all the fossdom?
Code:

>>> Compiling source in /var/tmp/portage/net-print/cups-filters-1.0.74/work/cups-filters-1.0.74 ...
make -j1
gdbus-codegen \
    --interface-prefix org.cups.cupsd \
    --c-namespace Cups \
    --generate-c-code cups-notifier \
    utils/org.cups.cupsd.Notifier.xml
make: gdbus-codegen: Command not found
Makefile:4802: recipe for target 'cups-notifier.c' failed
make: *** [cups-notifier.c] Error 127
 * ERROR: net-print/cups-filters-1.0.74::gentoo failed (compile phase):
 *   emake failed
 * If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=net-print/cups-filters-1.0.74::gentoo'`,
 * the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=net-print/cups-filters-1.0.74::gentoo'`.
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/log/portage_logs/net-print:cups-filters-1.0.74:20150830-084213.log'.
 * For convenience, a symlink to the build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/net-print/cups-filters-1.0.74/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/net-print/cups-filters-1.0.74/temp/environment'.
 * Working directory: '/var/tmp/portage/net-print/cups-filters-1.0.74/work/cups-filters-1.0.74'
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/net-print/cups-filters-1.0.74/work/cups-filters-1.0.74'

>>> Failed to emerge net-print/cups-filters-1.0.74, Log file:

And lo and behold. Their freaking gdbus-codegen binary missing, none of my remaining packages, that have nothing whatsoever to do, at least yet, with the obnoxious peotterware can compile anymore!

Code:

>>>  '/var/log/portage_logs/net-print:cups-filters-1.0.74:20150830-084213.log'
*** Resuming merge...

Calculating dependencies  .. ..... done!
 * One or more packages are either masked or have missing dependencies:
 *   app-text/poppler:0/53=[cxx,jpeg,lcms,tiff,xpdf-headers(+)] pulled in by:
 *     (net-print/cups-filters-1.0.71:0/0::gentoo, installed)
 * The resume list contains packages that are either masked or have
 * unsatisfied dependencies. Please restart/continue the operation
 * manually, or use --skipfirst to skip the first package in the list and
 * any other packages that may be masked or have missing dependencies.
 * The following package has failed to build, install, or execute postinst:
 *  (net-print/cups-filters-1.0.74:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge), Log file:
 *   '/var/log/portage_logs/net-print:cups-filters-1.0.74:20150830-084213.log'
gcn ~ #

OK, I understand that, now that cups may have, apparently, gone dbus wholeheartedly (has it really?, I hope there's some chance left to have it without poetterware!)... I suppose if cups may have gone dbus, it can not compile without cups-filters which pulls in poppler which pulls in dbus...

But what's that got to do with any of these:

Code:

www-client/firefox
media-video/gpac
media-video/cinelerra
media-video/mplayer
media-video/vlc
media-video/ffmpeg
media-plugins/frei0r-plugins
media-libs/opencv
www-apps/cgit
virtual/httpd-cgi
app-doc/pms
dev-texlive/texlive
dev-texlive/texlive-pictures
dev-tex/pgf
media-video/mkvtoolnix
net-irc/weechat
net-analyzer/wireshark
app-office/libreoffice
sys-devel/gdb
app-editors/vim
app-editors/vim-core
app-vim/gentoo-syntax
app-crypt/jacksum
virtual/jre
virtual/jdk
dev-java/icedtea-bin

which, none of them can be compiled now, with the emerge -tuDN world command.
And I do have --keep-going in /etc/portage/make.conf...

Will be trying to solve this for a little longer, I'm afraid.
miroR
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, apparently, the net-print/cups-filters seems to be at around of at the root of the problem.

Let's see what its ebuilds look like in 2015-08-29 portage:
Code:

"   /usr/portage/net-print/cups-filters
files/
ChangeLog
Manifest
cups-filters-1.0.71.ebuild
cups-filters-1.0.73.ebuild
cups-filters-1.0.74.ebuild
cups-filters-9999.ebuild
metadata.xml

And now let's see how it looks in 2015-08-12 portage:
Code:

"   /Cmn/m/tmp/portage/net-print/cups-filters
files/
ChangeLog
Manifest
cups-filters-1.0.66.ebuild
cups-filters-1.0.71.ebuild
cups-filters-9999.ebuild
metadata.xml

I have a clone with the old installed-without-complaint cups and associates, a clone because it's same, cloned, software on same hardware on another MBO, and I can easily see what are those versions that,with that portage snapshot, worked:

Code:

# emerge -s '%^cups'
*  net-print/cups
      Latest version available: 2.0.3
      Latest version installed: 2.0.3

*  net-print/cups-filters
      Latest version available: 1.0.71
      Latest version installed: 1.0.71

I already posted, in the first post, what ebuilds are available for cups. So, if I get any luck, maybe I can solve this issue by, using masking, reverting, downgrading, to cups-2.0.3 and to cups-filters-1.0.71.

Let's see how it will go.

I'm uncommenting one (the first below), and adding aonther line, in my,

/etc/portage/package.keywords:
Code:

=net-print/cups-2.0.3
=net-print/cups-filters-1.0.71

I'm also uncommenting/adding, in my,

/etc/portage/package.mask:
Code:

>=net-print/cups-filters-1.0.73
>=net-print/cups-2.0.4

And I'm trying emerge world now (if only I had time to learn and deploy
squashmount, or what is its name, that mv maintains, see
github.com/vaeth/squashmount, as this is long wait on my system...).

# emerge -tuDN world |& tee /some/where/this-text-youre-reading_$(date +%s)
Code:

Calculating dependencies  .. ......... ..... .... done!
...[12 lines cut out here, as they are more or less like in the previous emerge world]...
[ebuild     UD ]  net-print/cups-2.0.3::gentoo [2.0.4::gentoo] USE="X acl ssl threads -dbus -debug -java -kerberos -lprng-compat -pam -python (-selinux) -static-libs -systemd -usb -xinetd -zeroconf" ABI_X86="(64) -32 (-x32)" LINGUAS="ca cs de es fr it ja pt_BR ru" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7" 0 KiB
[ebuild     UD ]  app-text/poppler-0.34.0:0/53::gentoo [0.35.0:0/54::gentoo] USE="cxx jpeg jpeg2k lcms png qt4 tiff utils -cairo -cjk -curl -debug -doc -introspection -qt5" 0 KiB
...[1 line cut out here, as it is more or less like in the previous emerge world]...
[ebuild     UD ]  media-libs/x264-0.0.20140308:0/142::gentoo [0.0.20150820:0/148::gentoo] USE="interlaced pic threads -10bit -opencl -static-libs" ABI_X86="(64) -32 (-x32)" CPU_FLAGS_X86="sse" 0 KiB

Total: 15 packages (11 upgrades, 3 downgrades, 1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 KiB

!!! Multiple package instances within a single package slot have been pulled
!!! into the dependency graph, resulting in a slot conflict:

app-text/poppler:0

(app-text/poppler-0.35.0:0/54::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    >=app-text/poppler-0.12.3-r3:0/54= required by (app-text/texlive-core-2015:0/0::gentoo, installed)
                                ^^^^^^                                                                 

(app-text/poppler-0.34.0:0/53::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    <app-text/poppler-0.35.0:=[cxx,jpeg?,lcms,tiff?,xpdf-headers(+)] required by (net-print/cups-filters-1.0.71:0/0::gentoo, installed)
    ^                 ^^^^^^ ^                                                                                                         
    app-text/poppler:0/53=[cxx,jpeg,lcms,tiff,xpdf-headers(+)] required by (net-print/cups-filters-1.0.71:0/0::gentoo, installed)
                    ^^^^^^                                                                                                       
    (and 1 more with the same problems)

media-libs/x264:0

(media-libs/x264-0.0.20140308:0/142::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    >=media-libs/x264-0.0.20090923:0/142= required by (media-video/vlc-2.2.1:0/5-8::gentoo, installed)
                                  ^^^^^^^                                                             
    (and 2 more with the same problem)

(media-libs/x264-0.0.20150820:0/148::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    >=media-libs/x264-0.0.20130506:0/148=[abi_x86_64(-)] required by (media-video/ffmpeg-2.7.2:0/54.56.56::gentoo, installed)
                                  ^^^^^^^                                                                                     

...[1 line, about masking, cut out here]...

For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man
page or refer to the Gentoo Handbook.

I can see te hard from soft block (haven't yet figured that out), but maybe the x264 is soft. I'll concentrate on the poppler.

Let's see the pace of (upstream, mostly) change (from now on 2015-08-29 stands for that timestamp bearing portage snapshot, and 2015-08-12 that other one.

2015-08-29
Code:

"   /usr/portage/app-text/poppler
files/
ChangeLog
Manifest
metadata.xml
poppler-0.32.0.ebuild
poppler-0.33.0-r1.ebuild
poppler-0.34.0.ebuild
poppler-0.35.0.ebuild
poppler-9999.ebuild

2015-08-12
Code:

"   /Cmn/m/tmp/portage/app-text/poppler
files/
ChangeLog
Manifest
metadata.xml
poppler-0.32.0.ebuild
poppler-0.33.0-r1.ebuild
poppler-0.34.0.ebuild
poppler-9999.ebuild

The change is not much here. I'll try uncommenting/adding:

/etc/portage/package.keywords:
Code:

=app-text/poppler-0.33.0-r1

and
/etc/portage/package.mask:
Code:

>=app-text/poppler-0.34.0

And now:

# emerge -tuDN world |& tee /some/where/this-text-youre-reading_$(date +%s)
Code:

Calculating dependencies  .... .......... done!
...[25 lines cut out here, as they are similar/same to the lines of the previous emerge world attempt, log posted previously in topic]...
[ebuild  rR    ] net-print/cups-filters-1.0.71::gentoo  USE="foomatic jpeg png tiff -dbus -perl -static-libs -zeroconf" 0 KiB
[ebuild     UD ]  net-print/cups-2.0.3::gentoo [2.0.4::gentoo] USE="X acl ssl threads -dbus -debug -java -kerberos -lprng-compat -pam -python (-selinux) -static-libs -systemd -usb -xinetd -zeroconf" ABI_X86="(64) -32 (-x32)" LINGUAS="ca cs de es fr it ja pt_BR ru" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7" 0 KiB
[ebuild  rR    ] app-text/texlive-core-2015::gentoo  USE="X luajittex -cjk -doc -source -tk -xetex" 0 KiB
[ebuild  r  UD ]  app-text/poppler-0.33.0-r1:0/52::gentoo [0.35.0:0/54::gentoo] USE="cxx jpeg jpeg2k lcms png qt4 tiff utils -cairo -cjk -curl -debug -doc -introspection -qt5" 0 KiB

Total: 20 packages (11 upgrades, 2 downgrades, 7 reinstalls), Size of downloads: 0 KiB

WARNING: One or more updates/rebuilds have been skipped due to a dependency conflict:

dev-ruby/rdoc:0

(dev-ruby/rdoc-4.1.2-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) conflicts with
    >=dev-ruby/rdoc-4.0.1[ruby_targets_ruby21] required by (dev-lang/ruby-2.1.7:2.1/2.1::gentoo, installed)
                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

dev-ruby/racc:0

(dev-ruby/racc-1.4.12:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) conflicts with
    dev-ruby/racc[ruby_targets_ruby21] required by (dev-ruby/rdoc-4.1.2-r1:0/0::gentoo, installed)
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The following packages are causing rebuilds:

(app-text/poppler-0.33.0-r1:0/52::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) causes rebuilds for:
    (app-text/texlive-core-2015:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    (net-print/cups-filters-1.0.71:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    (app-office/libreoffice-4.4.5.2:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)

Would you like to merge these packages? [Yes/No]
>>> Verifying ebuild manifests
>>> Running pre-merge checks for app-office/libreoffice-4.4.5.2
 * Checking for at least 512 MiB RAM ...
 [ ok ]
 * Checking for at least 6 GiB disk space at "/var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-4.4.5.2/temp" ...
 [ ok ]
>>> Running pre-merge checks for media-video/mkvtoolnix-8.3.0
>>> Running pre-merge checks for www-client/firefox-40.0.2
 * Checking for at least 4 GiB disk space at "/var/tmp/portage/www-client/firefox-40.0.2/temp" ...
 [ ok ]

>>> Emerging (1 of 20) app-text/poppler-0.33.0-r1::gentoo
 * poppler-0.33.0.tar.xz SHA256 SHA512 WHIRLPOOL size ;-) ...            [ ok ]
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking poppler-0.33.0.tar.xz to /var/tmp/portage/app-text/poppler-0.33.0-r1/work
>>> Source unpacked in /var/tmp/portage/app-text/poppler-0.33.0-r1/work
>>> Preparing source in /var/tmp/portage/app-text/poppler-0.33.0-r1/work/poppler-0.33.0 ...
 * Applying poppler-0.26.0-qt5-dependencies.patch ...
 [ ok ]
 * Applying poppler-0.28.1-fix-multilib-configuration.patch ...
 [ ok ]
 * Applying poppler-0.28.1-respect-cflags.patch ...
 [ ok ]
 * Applying poppler-0.33.0-openjpeg2.patch ...
 [ ok ]
>>> Source prepared.
>>> Configuring source in /var/tmp/portage/app-text/poppler-0.33.0-r1/work/poppler-0.33.0 ...
>>> Working in BUILD_DIR: "/var/tmp/portage/app-text/poppler-0.33.0-r1/work/poppler-0.33.0_build"

Code:

>>> Emerging (1 of 20) app-text/poppler-0.33.0-r1::gentoo
 * poppler-0.33.0.tar.xz SHA256 SHA512 WHIRLPOOL size ;-) ...            [ ok ]
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking poppler-0.33.0.tar.xz to /var/tmp/portage/app-text/poppler-0.33.0-r1/work

and much later:
Code:

>>> app-text/poppler-0.33.0-r1 merged.
>>> Regenerating /etc/ld.so.cache...

>>> Emerging (2 of 20) app-text/texlive-core-2015::gentoo
>>> app-text/texlive-core-2015 merged.
>>> Regenerating /etc/ld.so.cache...

>>> Emerging (3 of 20) net-print/cups-2.0.3::gentoo

And it is compiling. My system is generally in really good order and stable, regardless that I use ~amd64 in make.conf. Some of those packages take longer time to compile on my now old systems, so I can post this while I wait... At least two systems of mine are waiting for this master gentoo to compile, to be cloned this revamped system onto them...
miroR
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, this is now not over. I either have to explain where I found the tendency to go the dbus way, now that I, after long investigation got it going, or admit that Gentoo is greatly fending of the dbus imposition...

Have a look at, exampli gratia, how Devuan is still offering to, only mostly developers, its testing branch with systemd (the greater companion of dbus)... and a promise to work hard to remove it .... Let me find it for you (a recent thread):

remove systemd for the love of Yog-Sothoth already
https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/thread/20150825.205943.5fbe5117.en.html

EDIT 2015-08-30 22:05+02:00 : If you want the best message that sums most of it, read this one:
https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20150824.110900.5c9a8023.en.html
EDIT END

And dbus is a sorry tail, strong and hard to eradicate, similar to systemd.

Pls. allow time for that. I've issues plenty in real life these days.

Regards!
EDIT2015-08-30 21:53+02:00, and 2015-08-30 22:21+02:00 : But, importantly, I want to say, that I know so well, that without some really great FOSS programmers (and FOSS means, in all honest cases, and that is the case here really mostly; such is my feeling --and I've been with a Gentoo user itching ever closer to its working secrets and its true spirits, as well as its ailments; though I admit I am nowhere near such understanding of it that Gentoo wizards high above from my level, have)...

( ..[FOSS means, in all honest cases], working for free, for the common good, out of passion for free software... and that is the case in Gentoo. )

[But, importantly, I want to say, that I know so well, that without some really great FOSS programmers], id est developers, in Gentoo, me, and users like me would have been destined to just another Windozed Linux like Debian has been turning into since they set themselves, very falsely, all up for systemd and all the poetterware, which, to me, is a death to FOSS Linux, just like NSA-Linux, ...errhm, I meant SELinux, is.

I hope to be able to become a really good tester in some (not little, no... I learn so slowly in my old age -- I'm 58 ) more time, and contribute with bug reports as I have, marginally, been able to do in recent months.
EDIT END

Last edited by miroR on Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
miroR
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything compiled fine! ...Well, there is firefox to finish compiling... No! firefox-40.0.2 has just merged, as I was writing!

What remains for me to do, in this topic, is to try and explain to me and readers, or ask good questions about, what went wrong, and where I saw the dbus trying to put it's foot into my door. I did see things of the kind in the ebuilds in question, or ebuilds that wanted to get in, because of those... So it appeared so to me...

However, the matter is not urgent to me. I have other business to take to, now. And this has taken me a great part of my day to figure out what to downgrade and in what way, to stay dbus-free. And my other interests now really suffer.

I hope to be back to complete this work here, at some undefined later time.

Regards!
depontius
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't quite understand... I have "-dbus" set in make.conf and am built and running well. I have it on my system, but I believe it's only there for x11-misc/notification-daemon.
miroR
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

depontius wrote:
I don't quite understand... I have "-dbus" set in make.conf and am built and running well.

And I'm not sure what the reason for your amazement is...
depontius wrote:
I have it on my system, but I believe it's only there for x11-misc/notification-daemon.

So you live with it, IIUC, and think it's innocuous?
I hope you don't also have, and think that, SELinux is innocuous.

BTW, I remember having read some of your posts recently, you're more advanced than me, but I have seen true programmers failing to really understand, and cope with, the main issue that makes or breaks the freedom of the FOSS Linux: the surveillance issue (just start from Snowden, no proofs needed anymore).

And as far as dbus, other more advanced Gentooers have failed to grasp, and yet it holds on and time proove my point, now that the poetter-people have moved to conquer kernel, exactly with dbus, erm, kdbus, and you ssem not to have noticed that topic of mine:

Uninstalling dbus and *kits (to Unfacilitate Remote Seats)
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-992146.html
(and links in there, it's a heafty read), but esp. what steveL taught me, and what I started the topic from. That topic failed somewhat, and showing my unreliability when making conjectures about things:

Updating and keeping your Gentoo non-poetterized
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1012022.html

Regards!
depontius
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miroR wrote:
depontius wrote:
I don't quite understand... I have "-dbus" set in make.conf and am built and running well.

depontius wrote:
I have it on my system, but I believe it's only there for x11-misc/notification-daemon.

I have dbus installed for exactly one purpose, and that's for my convenience. Everything other than that one package is built "-dus", unless we want to start thinking that packages look for dbus even though it's been configured out. Maybe it would be worth installing dbus-spy, just for a bit...
miroR
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

depontius wrote:
miroR wrote:
depontius wrote:

depontius wrote:

I have dbus installed for exactly one purpose, and that's for my convenience. Everything other than that one package is built "-dus", unless we want to start thinking that packages look for dbus even though it's been configured out.

Hmmh... I'm kind of spartan in that sense. Cna't be there because needs dbus, doesn't have to be there...

Is that mythtv that you need it for? No time to look it up, but I read from you in posts on vdr vs mythtv.

And I'm going for VDR because it don't need the dbus *A%)(.

I like this one:
depontius wrote:
Maybe it would be worth installing dbus-spy, just for a bit...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: