[Solved] KDE not scaling KDE and non-KDE apps
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tefrem34
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:12 pm    Post subject: [Solved] KDE not scaling KDE and non-KDE apps Reply with quote

Hello

I really did not know what to call this, but I think the title is the best to describe what issues I am having. I have an annoying problem with the windows and icons in KDE, they are so big that they are distorted and blurry, and I can't fix them. I assume KDE is not scaling some of the windows to the native resolution.

In Google Chrome and vivaldi, the page, including toolbars and icons in the browsers, are big and blurry. It is rendering as if it is 720p (if not smaller), and not at the native 1600p res. But in the live cd it shows it just fine. All my native apps seem to be fine except for Krita.

In Krita, git build, every thing is the way it should be except for the tool icons, they are massive and I can not resize them. They are so big that it puts the bottom of the window outside of my screen. My screen res is 2560x1600, 30", to give you an idea how big the icons are being rendered.

I tried to install the gtk-kde4 but it would not install.
In my system settings, appearance, icons, I can not change the size of the icons in the system. Only a couple icon sets have the option to change the sizes.
I am using the qtcurve widget style, but it doesn't seem to make any difference if I use Oxygen, it is the same story.

Thanks for any suggestions or help.

Cheers!

Last edited by Tefrem34 on Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Tefrem34
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I found out that the icons in krita was from the git build. I will be fileing a bug report on their forum. But the issue with the Chorme and Vivaldi browsers are still messed up.
Tefrem34
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I accidentally figured this one out. :o 8O

In; System Settings / Aplication Appearence / Fonts ... I checked the box "Force fonts DPI: 96" and now both the Chrome and Vivaldi browser are in focus and no loger massive and blury.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: