Ark Survival Evolved Dedicated Server
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
romiir
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:15 am    Post subject: Ark Survival Evolved Dedicated Server Reply with quote

I like, err, love gentoo. But I'm installing Ubuntu of all things in a VM now because gentoo refuses to run this game. I would go centos, but I don't want to try to install this a fourth time.

I built gentoo hardened in like an hour last night, got around to installing steamcmd and the game today and spent the evening trying to figure out why it's not working. There's nothing of use in any error logs anywhere.

I installed every library I could find referenced anywhere around steamcmd or ark online manually, and still end with this. I turned off se-linux and grsecurity and pax (there were initially some issues here), still nothing, stuck. Ideas welcome, screenshots follow.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nps63ig3pto6ia0/Screenshot%202015-08-18%2000.06.04.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3k5qrq9sa6vam0o/Screenshot%202015-08-18%2001.05.47.png?dl=0

I blame ark for this failure, not gentoo. Though it seems like it might be an issue with steamcmd? (which is suposted to work fine, and installed the game just fine)

My other linux gameservers complain about steamapi all the time, it's not a show stopper. This thread thing though is new to me and google isn't being helpful.
romiir
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah... good news, ubuntu ran out of disk space, had to enlarge the vm taking additional time ...... and I ran into the same issue. :/
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: