Desktop Settings - Application Error or Halt on window
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kkinkouu
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:51 am    Post subject: Desktop Settings - Application Error or Halt on window Reply with quote

Window in question: "Desktop Settings" - Error message: This window might be busy and is not responding..... etc

Hi,

I'm pretty new to Linux & decided that i would start with Gentoo (not sure if that's a good idea lol - 8O)

It's pretty strange... I didn't make any changes to system files or perform any @world updates.

When it happened: I'd saved a HD wallpaper to "Pictures" and then entered - "Desktop Settings" via the Desktop itself. Set the new wallpaper & exited "Desktop Settings"; I then saved another HD wallpaper to "Pictures", and when i tried to change to the new wallpaper. This is when the application itself or window stopped responding????

From what I can tell no other changes were made & if any changes were made, I'd have to assume the system made them for some reason as a byproduct from the changes I made

I've rebooted the system & everything else seems to be functioning correctly - except "Desktop Settings"

I know there must be some config files somewhere in the system that control "Desktop Settings", but for the life of me, I wouldn't have a clue were to start :cry:

Please can someone guide me through system/application troubleshooting so as I can find out - how to fix this problem.

I've searched the web for articles related to this kind of topic, but have been unsuccessful in my searches....

Appreciate any help!

kkinkouu
kkinkouu
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject: Solved!!! - ????? Reply with quote

I deleted files one by one in Pictures and when i came across the only PNG file; the Desktop Settings started working again...???? :x

Can someone explain to me why this is the case and whether Gentoo/Linux has known is issues with PNG file formats

I guess the file could have been corrupted...

Just thought I'd ask the stupid question :-)

Cheers,

kkinkouu
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: