Raspberry Pi and Raspberry Pi 2 CFLAGS
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on ARM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dinominant
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:57 pm    Post subject: Raspberry Pi and Raspberry Pi 2 CFLAGS Reply with quote

I've been maintaining a stage4 install for both the Raspberry Pi and the Raspberry Pi 2 and it was a bit of a task to find good CFLAGS and use flags. The Raspberry Pi 2 supports neon which is the only notable difference in my use flags below.

These are the CFLAGS and other settings I use on my older Raspberry Pi in /etc/portage/make.conf
Code:
CFLAGS="-O2 -pipe -march=armv6j -mtune=arm1176jzf-s -mfpu=vfp -mfloat-abi=hard"
CHOST="armv6j-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi"
# hardware
USE="$USE acpi apm bluetooth cpudetection hddtemp ieee1394 lm_sensors smp usb wifi"
# server
USE="$USE acl crypt cups icu idn imap ipv6 kvm largefile ldap lzma lzo mmap multilib network posix samba sharedmem sockets ssl syslog threads udev unicode vnc xattr"

And these are the CFLAGS I use on my newer Raspberry Pi 2 in /etc/portage/make.conf
Code:
CFLAGS="-O2 -pipe -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a7 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard"
CHOST="armv7a-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi"
# hardware
USE="$USE acpi apm bluetooth cpudetection hddtemp ieee1394 lm_sensors neon smp usb wifi"
# server
USE="$USE acl crypt cups icu idn imap ipv6 kvm largefile ldap lzma lzo mmap multilib network posix samba sharedmem sockets ssl syslog threads udev unicode vnc xattr"
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on ARM All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: