Wierd errors when building semantik
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mounty1
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:21 am    Post subject: Wierd errors when building semantik Reply with quote

Hello, it goes like this:
# emerge -quDN --keep-going --with-bdeps=y @world:
>>> Verifying ebuild manifests
>>> Emerging (1 of 8) kde-misc/semantik-0.9.4-r1::gentoo
 (null)*(null) (null)ACCESS DENIED(null):  open_wr:      /etc/ld.so.cache~
 (null)*(null) (null)ACCESS DENIED(null):  unlink:       /usr/share/mime/text/x-imelody.xml
 (null)*(null) (null)ACCESS DENIED(null):  unlink:       /usr/share/mime/application/vnd.ms-powerpoint.slide.macroenabled.12.xml
 (null)*(null) (null)ACCESS DENIED(null):  unlink:       /usr/share/mime/application/vnd.ms-powerpoint.presentation.macroenabled.12.xml
 (null)*(null) (null)ACCESS DENIED(null):  unlink:       /usr/share/mime/application/vnd.ms-excel.template.macroenabled.12.xml
 (null)*(null) (null)ACCESS DENIED(null):  unlink:       /usr/share/mime/application/vnd.ms-powerpoint.template.macroenabled.12.xml
 (null)*(null) (null)ACCESS DENIED(null):  unlink:       /usr/share/mime/application/vnd.ms-excel.sheet.binary.macroenabled.12.xml
 (null)*(null) (null)ACCESS DENIED(null):  unlink:       /usr/share/mime/application/vnd.ms-excel.sheet.macroenabled.12.xml
 (null)*(null) (null)ACCESS DENIED(null):  unlink:       /usr/share/mime/application/vnd.ms-powerpoint.slideshow.macroenabled.12.xml
 (null)*(null) (null)ACCESS DENIED(null):  unlink:       /usr/share/mime/application/vnd.ms-word.template.macroenabled.12.xml
 (null)*(null) (null)ACCESS DENIED(null):  unlink:       /usr/share/mime/application/vnd.ms-word.document.macroenabled.12.xml
 (null)*(null) (null)ACCESS DENIED(null):  unlink:       /usr/share/mime/application/vnd.ms-powerpoint.addin.macroenabled.12.xml
 (null)*(null) (null)ACCESS DENIED(null):  unlink:       /usr/share/mime/application/vnd.ms-excel.addin.macroenabled.12.xml
 (null)*(null) (null)ACCESS DENIED(null):  unlink:       /usr/share/mime/audio/amr-wb.xml
 (null)*(null) (null)ACCESS DENIED(null):  unlink:       /usr/share/mime/audio/amr.xml
 (null)*(null) (null)ACCESS DENIED(null):  unlink:       /usr/share/mime/inode/vnd.kde.service.upnp.radiscoveryagent1.xml
 (null)*(null) (null)ACCESS DENIED(null):  unlink:       /usr/share/mime/inode/vnd.kde.service.upnp.basicdevice1.xml
 (null)*(null) (null)ACCESS DENIED(null):  unlink:       /usr/share/mime/inode/vnd.kde.service.upnp.lightingcontrols1.xml
 (null)*(null) (null)ACCESS DENIED(null):  unlink:       /usr/share/mime/inode/vnd.kde.service.upnp.landevice1.xml
 (null)*(null) (null)ACCESS DENIED(null):  unlink:       /usr/share/mime/inode/vnd.kde.service.upnp.mediaserver2.xml
 (null)*(null) (null)ACCESS DENIED(null):  unlink:       /usr/share/mime/inode/vnd.kde.service.upnp.internetgatewaydevice1.xml
 (null)*(null) (null)ACCESS DENIED(null):  unlink:       /usr/share/mime/inode/vnd.kde.service.upnp.wanconnectiondevice1.xml
 (null)*(null) (null)ACCESS DENIED(null):  unlink:       /usr/share/mime/inode/vnd.kde.service.upnp.unknown.xml
 (null)*(null) (null)ACCESS DENIED(null):  unlink:       /usr/share/mime/inode/vnd.kde.service.upnp.hvac1.xml
 (null)*(null) (null)ACCESS DENIED(null):  unlink:       /usr/share/mime/inode/vnd.kde.service.upnp.mediaserver1.xml
 (null)*(null) (null)ACCESS DENIED(null):  unlink:       /usr/share/mime/inode/vnd.kde.service.upnp.solarprotectionblind1.xml
 (null)*(null) (null)ACCESS DENIED(null):  unlink:       /usr/share/mime/inode/vnd.kde.service.upnp.scanner1.xml
 (null)*(null) (null)ACCESS DENIED(null):  unlink:       /usr/share/mime/inode/vnd.kde.service.upnp.raclient1.xml
 (null)*(null) (null)ACCESS DENIED(null):  unlink:       /usr/share/mime/inode/vnd.kde.service.upnp.printerbasic1.xml
 (null)*(null) (null)ACCESS DENIED(null):  unlink:       /usr/share/mime/inode/vnd.kde.service.upnp.wfadevice1.xml
 (null)*(null) (null)ACCESS DENIED(null):  unlink:       /usr/share/mime/inode/vnd.kde.service.upnp.remoteuiclientdevice1.xml
 (null)*(null) (null)ACCESS DENIED(null):  unlink:       /usr/share/mime/inode/vnd.kde.service.upnp.raserver1.xml
 (null)*(null) (null)ACCESS DENIED(null):  unlink:       /usr/share/mime/inode/vnd.kde.service.upnp.mediaserver3.xml
 (null)*(null) (null)ACCESS DENIED(null):  unlink:       /usr/share/mime/inode/vnd.kde.service.upnp.wandevice1.xml
 (null)*(null) (null)ACCESS DENIED(null):  unlink:       /usr/share/mime/inode/vnd.kde.service.upnp.mediarenderer1.xml
 (null)*(null) (null)ACCESS DENIED(null):  unlink:       /usr/share/mime/inode/vnd.kde.service.upnp.digitalsecuritycamera1.xml
 (null)*(null) (null)ACCESS DENIED(null):  unlink:       /usr/share/mime/inode/vnd.kde.service.upnp.printerenhanced1.xml
 (null)*(null) (null)ACCESS DENIED(null):  unlink:       /usr/share/mime/inode/vnd.kde.service.upnp.mediarenderer2.xml
 (null)*(null) (null)ACCESS DENIED(null):  unlink:       /usr/share/mime/inode/vnd.kde.service.upnp.remoteuiserverdevice1.xml
 (null)*(null) (null)ACCESS DENIED(null):  unlink:       /usr/share/mime/inode/vnd.kde.service.upnp.wlanaccesspointdevice1.xml
 (null)*(null) (null)ACCESS DENIED(null):  open_wr:      /usr/share/mime/application/vnd.sun.xml.calc.xml.new
 (null)*(null) (null)ACCESS DENIED(null):  open_wr:      /usr/share/mime/application/vnd.sun.xml.calc.xml.new
>>> Failed to emerge kde-misc/semantik-0.9.4-r1, Log file:
>>>  '/var/tmp/portage/kde-misc/semantik-0.9.4-r1/temp/build.log'
*** Resuming merge...
>>> Emerging (1 of 7) media-libs/mesa-10.6.3::gentoo
[...]

I tried emerge -quDNe --keep-going @world in case something was out of date, but the problem persists.

Please refrain from replying unless you are actually answering the question, to ensure that this posting remains in the unanswered posts list until it is actually answered. If you want to tell me to use GNOME, make comments about KDE QA etc., please use a private message. Thank you.
NeddySeagoon
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mounty1,

First,
mounty1 wrote:
Please refrain from replying unless you are actually answering the question ...
is rude. It really says don't reply unless you provide a response that means I don' need to think for myself.
That means you are unlikely to get a respone at all as you leave your would be helpers a huge problem space to guess in.

Secondly, you only post the symptoms of your problem, not the information we need to establish the root cause and lead to towards the solution.
Portage told you what that was at the end of the emerge and told you where to find it (twice)

Read How To Ask Questions The Smart Way, you will get more responses if you follow at least some of that.

If you find that this post is not helpful, PM me and I'll delete it, unless there are other followups.

NeddySeagoon

Computer users fall into two groups:-
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.
mounty1
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NeddySeagoon wrote:
mounty1,

First,
mounty1 wrote:
Please refrain from replying unless you are actually answering the question ...
is rude. It really says don't reply unless you provide a response that means I don' need to think for myself.
That means you are unlikely to get a respone at all as you leave your would be helpers a huge problem space to guess in.
I regret that it is necessary to add this rider to my postings but my experience is that if I don't, someone will 'spoil' the posting by a fatuous remark, irrelevant question or other unwelcome reply.
NeddySeagoon wrote:
Secondly, you only post the symptoms of your problem, not the information we need to establish the root cause and lead to towards the solution.
Portage told you what that was at the end of the emerge and told you where to find it (twice).
OK, the edited build.log is
Code:
+ install /var/tmp/portage/kde-misc/semantik-0.9.4-r1/image/usr/lib//libsemantik.so.0.9.4 (from build/libsemantik.so)
+ install /var/tmp/portage/kde-misc/semantik-0.9.4-r1/image/usr/bin/semantik (from build/src/semantik)
+ install /var/tmp/portage/kde-misc/semantik-0.9.4-r1/image/usr/bin/semantik-d (from build/src/semantik-d)
Waf: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kde-misc/semantik-0.9.4-r1/work/semantik-0.9.4/build'
I/O error : Permission denied
I/O error : Permission denied
Failed to write XML file; For permission problems, try rerunning as root

'install' finished successfully (2.177s)
 (null)*(null) --------------------------- ACCESS VIOLATION SUMMARY ---------------------------
 (null)*(null) LOG FILE: "/var/log/sandbox/sandbox-5684.log"
 (null)*(null)
VERSION 1.0
FORMAT: F - Function called
FORMAT: S - Access Status
FORMAT: P - Path as passed to function
FORMAT: A - Absolute Path (not canonical)
FORMAT: R - Canonical Path
FORMAT: C - Command Line

F: open_wr
S: deny
P: /etc/ld.so.cache~
A: /etc/ld.so.cache~
R: /etc/ld.so.cache~
C: /sbin/ldconfig

[..many more the same..]

F: unlink
S: deny
P: /usr/share/mime/inode/vnd.kde.service.upnp.raserver1.xml
A: /usr/share/mime/inode/vnd.kde.service.upnp.raserver1.xml
R: /usr/share/mime/inode/vnd.kde.service.upnp.raserver1.xml
C: upd (null)*(null) --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 * QA Notice: command not found:
 *      /var/tmp/portage/kde-misc/semantik-0.9.4-r1/temp/environment: line 2530: cmake-utils_src_prepare: command not found
punda-mlia ~ # whoami
who am root
punda-mlia ~ # who am i
mounty   pts/0        2015-08-09 09:19 (192.168.1.54)
punda-mlia ~ # ls -ld  /usr/share/mime/inode /usr/share/mime/inode/vnd.kde.service.upnp.raserver1.xml
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 8192 Aug  4 06:21 /usr/share/mime/inode
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  386 Aug  4 06:21 /usr/share/mime/inode/vnd.kde.service.upnp.raserver1.xml
punda-mlia ~ #
So now I'm puzzled. Firstly, what's all that about not having permissions, because surely the process is running as root? and that cmake-utils_src_prepare ... why is that only I (apparently) in the whole world don't have that executable?

I did run emerge -quDNe --keep-going @world in case anything had been lost, but no change.

The only other point of which I can think is that the 'machine' is a qemu-kvm VM with an ext2 root FS on a virtio device (/dev/vda1). The difference in the output of the two who commands is due to my using sudo -i to get a root prompt.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: