He's Baaack!
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony0945
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:17 am    Post subject: He's Baaack! Reply with quote

https://forums.gentoo.org/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=345052

Repeated posts blasting away the kernel forum. This guy needs to be banned. I think he's sending from a college. The whole damn school needs to be banned and the administration threatened with an harassment suit. This is a form of DoS attack.
The Doctor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that simple. I already suggested that to the mods, apparently they are buying time on data centers making this a non-localized attack. Banning the entire internet would be rather challenging.

Apologies if I take a while to respond. I'm currently working on the dematerialization circuit for my blue box.
Tony0945
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then maybe new forum users need their identity verified before getting access. This is actually worse than the commercial spam, because it's gibberish.
Tony0945
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Doctor wrote:
Not that simple. I already suggested that to the mods, apparently they are buying time on data centers making this a non-localized attack. Banning the entire internet would be rather challenging.

I just got up and haven't had any coffee so that didn't sink in. I originally thought "they" referred to the forum mods, but that didn't make much sense. When I realized that "they" means the attacker, it makes a lot of sense. Yes, I feel more strongly that identification and accountability of users needs to be strengthened.
The Doctor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes, I feel more strongly that identification and accountability of users needs to be strengthened.

It would be a shame if the forum had to go that way. Keeping the site easy to use for legitimate users strengths the Gentoo community.

Apologies if I take a while to respond. I'm currently working on the dematerialization circuit for my blue box.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: