Joined: 03 Jan 2015
|Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:45 pm Post subject: CDROM not mounting in KDE5 like in KDE4
|I can't get the cdrom to mount or act like KDE4.
I'm using KDE5:
KDE Apps 15.04.3
KDE Frameworks 5.12.0
KDE Plasma 5 5.3.2
4 GB ram
Using KDE4, if I insert a CD/DVD:
1. I get a device notification with actions to use the CD/DVD.
2. I select an action, like open with file manager and Dolphin opens.
Using KDE5, if I insert a CD/DVD:
1. Nothing happens
2. I must mount the cdrom - mount /mnt/cdrom
3. I get a device notification with actions to use the CD/DVD. (I imported KDE4 device actions)
4. I select an action, like open with file manager and Dolphin opens.
I have used several different fstab entries:
/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom udf,iso9660 users,noauto,exec,utf8 0 0
/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom iso9660 noauto,users,ro 0 0
/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom auto noauto,ro 0 0
I have followed this wiki:
and made sure the kernels options are correct
Lastly, as I noted above, I imported the KDE4 device actions:
1. Copy the following KDE4 to KDE5:
/usr/share/apps/solid/actions/ to ~/.local/share/solid/actions/
/usr/share/apps/solid/devices/ to ~/.local/share/solid/devices/
2. Run in konsole:
So what am I missing to get KDE5 to act similar to KDE4? Or is this the best that it gets?