added features and fixes
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
syadnom
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 5:33 am    Post subject: added features and fixes Reply with quote

id like to see kportagemaster and portage master altered to support super user mode. where a regular user could view the packages but clicking the administrator mode would ask for a password and then have root rights.

and
id like to see emerge have the ability to download all the sources in the backgroud, so that as emerge builds the first package, the other packages are being downloaded. it would shave a little time off of merging packages for broadband users, but slower connections would see a much larger benefit.

and
id like to see emerge prompt me at the end of the emerge to update the config files, like a quasi CONFIG_PROTECT=1 so that i have the option of overwriting files immediately, or just letting it write the new configuration files as it does now for me to edit later..
for instance :
emerge world -u -a (-a for ask? -p is already taken :) )

and
maybee a utility to view anything added via rc-update..i know, go into /etc/runlevels..but wouldn't a nice "rc-stat?" app be great?

and
how about a utiliy to view all files in a /bin folder? right now i have a bash script that just runs find and lists the output of those directories..

ok,
ill back off now, just a wish list :) im am very much more satisfied with gentoo than i have been with any other distro...but id still like to see it improved of coarse :)
carpaski
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 1:07 pm    Post subject: Download During Merge Reply with quote

Check here. The more testers I get the faster I
can get it into an official portage release.

https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1661
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: