Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Dantrell's GNOME Without Systemd Project (Part 1)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elleni
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

absolutely :)

gnome-calendar failed to build with meson build error: native dependency libdazzle-1.0 not found. -> emerge -1 libdazzle and continuing of 3.28 build :)

gnome-boxes failed to build -> libosinfo found 0.3.1 but need >= 1.1.0 :twisted:

keyworded libosinfo with ~amd64:

Code:
# required by sys-apps/osinfo-db-20170326::dantrell-gnome
# required by sys-libs/libosinfo-1.1.0::dantrell-gnome
# required by libosinfo (argument)
=sys-apps/osinfo-db-tools-1.1.0 **
# required by sys-libs/libosinfo-1.1.0::dantrell-gnome
# required by libosinfo (argument)
=sys-apps/osinfo-db-20170326 **

and continued building :)

[Moderator edit: added [code] tags to preserve output layout. -Hu]

Last edited by Elleni on Tue May 01, 2018 11:38 pm; edited 5 times in total
dantrell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elleni wrote:
absolutely :)

Done (but not live until you have GNOME 3.28 running).

Elleni wrote:
gnome-calendar failed to build with meson build error: native dependency libdazzle-1.0 not found. -> emerge -1 libdazzle and continuing of 3.28 build :)

Done (and live).

Elleni wrote:
gnome-boxes failed to build -> libosinfo found 0.3.1 but need >= 1.1.0 :twisted:

And, done (but also not live).

Last edited by dantrell on Tue May 01, 2018 11:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Elleni
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done - just booted into new 3.28 gnome - thank you very much Dantrell for your great job :)
dantrell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elleni wrote:
Done - just booted into new 3.28 gnome - thank you very much Dantrell for your great job :)

Thanks for confirming. All changes are now live.

The fourth vic—, eer, volunteer can now step up. :twisted:
skyrrd
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried yesterday to update from 3.26

I added 3.28 overlay, synced and switched profile to [17. 0] 3.28-extended.
As i tried to update i was prompted with an error about the profile being invalid. Same with "non-extended"

Will sync and retry after work and report here ;-)
Shibotto
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm about to upgrade and something seems off to me:
Code:
[ebuild  r  U  ] dev-libs/glib-2.56.1:2/56::dantrell-gnome [2.54.3:2/54::dantrell-gnome] USE="dbus (mime) xattr -debug (-fam) (-selinux) -static-libs -systemtap {-test} -utils" ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_5 -python3_4 -python3_6" 7841 KiB
[ebuild     UD ] net-libs/glib-networking-2.50.0::dantrell-gnome [2.54.1::dantrell-gnome-3-26] USE="gnome libproxy ssl -smartcard {-test}" ABI_X86="(64) -32 (-x32)" 426 KiB

glib upgrades to 2.56 whereas glib-networking downgrades to 2.50.

This is my complete output: https://imgur.com/a/kWB8XJk
skyrrd
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That the emerge output i was talking about
Code:
 [58]  dantrell-gnome-3-26:default/linux/amd64/17.0/desktop/gnome/3.26
  [59]  dantrell-gnome-3-26:default/linux/amd64/17.0/desktop/gnome/3.26/extended *
  [60]  dantrell-gnome-3-28:default/linux/amd64/13.0/desktop/gnome/3.28
  [61]  dantrell-gnome-3-28:default/linux/amd64/13.0/desktop/gnome/3.28/extended
  [62]  dantrell-gnome-3-28:default/linux/amd64/17.0/desktop/gnome/3.28
  [63]  dantrell-gnome-3-28:default/linux/amd64/17.0/desktop/gnome/3.28/extended
skyrrd /home/thomas # eselect profile set 63
skyrrd /home/thomas # emerge --ask --update --deep --changed-use --with-bdeps=y @world
!!! Unable to parse profile: '/etc/portage/make.profile'
!!! ParseError: Parent '/var/lib/layman/dantrell-gnome/profiles/targets/desktop/gnome/3.28' not found: '/var/lib/layman/dantrell-gnome-3-28/profiles/default/linux/amd64/17.0/desktop/gnome/3.28/parent'

!!! /etc/portage/make.profile is not a symlink and will probably prevent most merges.
!!! It should point into a profile within /usr/portage/profiles/
!!! (You can safely ignore this message when syncing. It's harmless.)

!!! Your current profile is invalid. If you have just changed your profile
!!! configuration, you should revert back to the previous configuration.
!!! Allowed actions are limited to --help, --info, --search, --sync, and
!!! --version.

Edit: synced repos again and now it works... No idea what went wrong. Anyway... Compiling right now

Last edited by skyrrd on Wed May 02, 2018 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
saboya
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, updated from 3.26 to 3.28 on my laptop and the process went smoothly, aside from the pam line issue.

Login feels a bit slower now, not sure why.
Shibotto
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shibotto wrote:

I ignored this (meh :P) and it all worked fine.

And now for what does not :D :
  • I am able to reproduce the pam/gnome-keyring issue reported by saboya.
  • bluetoothd SIGSEGV (Address boundary error) when starting "gnome-control-center bluetooth", although my mouse remains connected? I'm a bit confused, I admit it...
  • (upstream?)Some strings in gnome-control-center sidebar are not translated (see English/Italian hybrid): https://imgur.com/a/ADxe3zm

BONUS BUG (not this project's fault, but worth mentioning): some extensions are now able the crash-loop your Shell with
Code:
libnm symbols detected; Mixing libnm with libnm-util/libnm-glib is not supported

so if you find yourself permanently locked out of your desktop just take a look inside ~/.cache/gdm/session.log and if necessary disable your extensions until you'll eventually find the culprit.
dantrell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shibotto wrote:

Nice catch.

This happened because the ssl USE flag was dropped from >=net-libs/glib-networking-2.56.0 (because Meson) but some packages:

Code:
media-gfx/gimp
net-libs/libsoup
net-misc/eventd
net-misc/megatools

depend on it and so the next closest applicable version was pulled in.

The solution here is to use dependency defaults (which I did for net-libs/libsoup since that is on my end) but I don't really want to fork the other packages so I put the ssl USE flag back as a workaround.

skyrrd wrote:
synced repos again and now it works... No idea what went wrong. Anyway... Compiling right now

I was going to say it sounded like some inconsistency in the overlays on your end.

saboya wrote:
FYI, updated from 3.26 to 3.28 on my laptop and the process went smoothly, aside from the pam line issue.

Nice.

saboya wrote:

This I didn't notice (since I use GNOME 3.14) but maybe it's related to the PAM issue?

Shibotto wrote:
I am able to reproduce the pam/gnome-keyring issue reported by saboya.

Oh no. :(

Shibotto wrote:
bluetoothd SIGSEGV (Address boundary error) when starting "gnome-control-center bluetooth", although my mouse remains connected? I'm a bit confused, I admit it...

I investigated but I didn't find anything. I guess we can be confused together. :o

Shibotto wrote:
(upstream?)Some strings in gnome-control-center sidebar are not translated (see English/Italian hybrid): https://imgur.com/a/ADxe3zm

This one does look like an upstream issue but maybe rule out my patchset?
Juippisi
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

saboya wrote:

Ive noticed it takes GDM a bit longer to start up. Doesnt really bother me since I dont boot that often, and I really thought it was somehow related to newest nvidia drivers. But just my 2 cents here.
(So when I boot, I can see the "hostname login: " text in TTY for few seconds before my X / GDM launches and it throws me automatically to Gnome)
dantrell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell wrote:
P.S. Off topic, but I ran into this performance related merge request for Mutter. Will probably back port it (provided previews look fine without mipmapping).

saboya wrote:
Nice find with the patch!

This patch has been backported and is also applied by default.

Feel free to renable mipmapping through the vanilla-mipmapping USE flag on x11-wm/mutter if you feel preview quality has degraded and/or the performance increase isn't worth it.
Shibotto
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell wrote:
Shibotto wrote:
I am able to reproduce the pam/gnome-keyring issue reported by saboya.

Oh no. :(

I have no idea how to properly configure PAM, but the newly released Fedora 28 is missing system-login altogether.

dantrell wrote:
Shibotto wrote:
bluetoothd SIGSEGV (Address boundary error) when starting "gnome-control-center bluetooth", although my mouse remains connected? I'm a bit confused, I admit it...

I investigated but I didn't find anything. I guess we can be confused together. :o

Good (maybe?) news! It's not working on 3.26 either, I just never noticed because I rarely open that panel if I'm not testing. Seems to be net-wireless/bluez-5.49 fault, downgrading to 5.47-r1 never crashes. Arch includes some patches in its bluez 5.49-3 package, unfortunately I don't have time right now to see if they are related to this issue.

dantrell wrote:
Shibotto wrote:
(upstream?)Some strings in gnome-control-center sidebar are not translated (see English/Italian hybrid): https://imgur.com/a/ADxe3zm

This one does look like an upstream issue but maybe rule out my patchset?

Bad news! It works fine on Fedora 28 (the only patches they have in -2 seem to be about thunderbolt panel backport): https://imgur.com/a/Iz8JynH
saboya
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I managed to pinpoint the cause of slow logins: sys-auth/elogind-236.1. I downgraded elogind to 235.4 and login is much faster. Also, 236.1 completely floods dmesg with debug messages, which I don't appreciate at all =P

I can also confirm Shibotto's bluetoothd crash issue, and downgrading net-wireless/bluez to 5.47-r1 solved the issue for me (not sure if it's working properly, but the daemon does not crash).

*edit* - The following patch fixes the crash for net-wireless/bluez-5.49: https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/bluetooth/bluez.git/commit/?id=2c3bba7b38be03834162e34069156f1fd49f0528

Arch linux also applies this patch: https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/bluetooth/bluez.git/commit/?id=e10c204e1226e94a1eaaeaee076e7e2e5b13c504
Elleni
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Small issue on the combined profile, which exists only for me anyways :twisted:

Code:
!!! Unable to parse profile: '/etc/portage/make.profile'
!!! ParseError: Parent 'dantrell-gnome-3-26:default/linux/amd64/17.0/desktop/gnome/3.28/extended' not found: '/var/lib/layman/dantrell-gnome/profiles/default/linux/amd64/17.0/desktop/gnome+plasma/parent'
 * Successfully added overlay(s) dantrell-gnome.
dantrell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell wrote:
This patch has been backported and is also applied by default.

Feel free to renable mipmapping through the vanilla-mipmapping USE flag on x11-wm/mutter if you feel preview quality has degraded and/or the performance increase isn't worth it.

On second thought, I'm probably (almost definitely) going to revert applying the patch by default as the window previews in the workspace dock are visibly affected by this change. :o

Shibotto wrote:
I have no idea how to properly configure PAM, but the newly released Fedora 28 is missing system-login altogether.

Sounds like a hint to me. I'll continue investigating.

Shibotto wrote:
Bad news! It works fine on Fedora 28 (the only patches they have in -2 seem to be about thunderbolt panel backport): https://imgur.com/a/Iz8JynH

I think I know what happened here. I'll confirm and let you know.

saboya wrote:
So, I managed to pinpoint the cause of slow logins: sys-auth/elogind-236.1.

The profile keywords have been adjusted accordingly.

Anyone missing the elogind 236 series can now expect it in GNOME 3.30 or later. :twisted:

Shibotto wrote:
Good (maybe?) news! It's not working on 3.26 either, I just never noticed because I rarely open that panel if I'm not testing. Seems to be net-wireless/bluez-5.49 fault, downgrading to 5.47-r1 never crashes. Arch includes some patches in its bluez 5.49-3 package, unfortunately I don't have time right now to see if they are related to this issue.

saboya wrote:
The following patch fixes the crash for net-wireless/bluez-5.49: https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/bluetooth/bluez.git/commit/?id=2c3bba7b38be03834162e34069156f1fd49f0528

Thanks. This is now live.

Elleni wrote:
Small issue on the combined profile, which exists only for me anyways :twisted:

Until next time. :twisted:
Spargeltarzan
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

How can I upgrade from Gnome 3.26 to Gnome 3.28? The profile is not in the list for me (eselect profile list), i synced layman and tried to add overlay dantrell-gnome-3-28 but neither of it works. Is 3.28 only somewhere for testing?

Spargeltarzan

Notebook: Lenovo YOGA 900-13ISK: Gentoo stable amd64, GNOME systemd, KVM/QEMU
Desktop-PC: Intel Core i7-4770K, 8GB Ram, AMD Radeon R9 280X, ZFS Storage, GNOME openrc, Dantrell, Xen
dantrell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell wrote:
On second thought, I'm probably (almost definitely) going to revert applying the patch by default as the window previews in the workspace dock are visibly affected by this change. :o

This patch is now off by default and clearly described in the project documentation (i.e. "trades scaled and smoothed window previews for a measurable performance increase").

dantrell wrote:
Anyone missing the elogind 236 series can now expect it in GNOME 3.30 or later. :twisted:

This is apparently being tracked on elogind issue #59.

Spargeltarzan wrote:
How can I upgrade from Gnome 3.26 to Gnome 3.28? The profile is not in the list for me (eselect profile list), i synced layman and tried to add overlay dantrell-gnome-3-28 but neither of it works. Is 3.28 only somewhere for testing?

It's in the same place as the others.

You might have to go over your Layman setup as I just tested it and everything still works as intended.
simonvanderveldt
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance you can version bump app-text/poppler for stable?
There are several GLSA's for older poppler versions, like for example https://security.gentoo.org/glsa/201801-17 and https://security.gentoo.org/glsa/201804-03
In the gentoo tree 0.62.0-r1 is stable
Shibotto
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonvanderveldt wrote:
There are several GLSA's for older poppler versions, like for example https://security.gentoo.org/glsa/201801-17 and https://security.gentoo.org/glsa/201804-03

This will also fix app-text/texlive-core-2017-r3 (currently stable), required by app-text/evince[dvi] (virtual/tex-base), which needs >=app-text/poppler-0.58.0:=
Sorry I forgot to mention until now (you can see me excluding texlive-core in my last screenshot though ahah ^^')
dantrell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonvanderveldt wrote:

Shibotto wrote:
This will also fix app-text/texlive-core-2017-r3 (currently stable), required by app-text/evince[dvi] (virtual/tex-base), which needs >=app-text/poppler-0.58.0:=

Reviewing packages for stabilization is definitely something that needs to be done.

In fact, I'm going to start the review process now so expect an update shortly.

simonvanderveldt wrote:

I have mentioned this before but it bears repeating... I do keep my eyes open for various security advisories regarding GNOME-related packages and I do my best to apply fixes across all provided GNOME release versions.

You may notice that some packages provided by the project will fail a GLSA check, however, in most (if not all) cases, I have already patched the related CVEs (if I miss any, just let me know).

For example, app-text/poppler-0.56.0-r2 and app-text/poppler-0.58.0 were contained about a month ago.

Gentoo's preference towards resolving vulnerabilities is to upgrade the package and drop any vulnerable versions (which will result in a clean GLSA check) because (probably) it's easier. I backport (which will often fail a GLSA check) because I support multiple GNOME release versions.
BuBuaBu
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've upgraded from 3.26 to 3.28.

I've got some errors in kernel logs:
Code:
[    5.813132] udevd[2059]: starting version 3.2.5
[    5.828568] udevd[2059]: invalid key/value pair in file /usr/lib64/udev/rules.d/61-gdm.rules on line 2, starting at character 175 ('[')
[    5.847833] udevd[2069]: starting eudev-3.2.5
[    5.903735] udevd[2069]: invalid key/value pair in file /usr/lib64/udev/rules.d/61-gdm.rules on line 2, starting at character 175 ('[')

file content:
Code:
$ cat /usr/lib64/udev/rules.d/61-gdm.rules
# disable Wayland on Cirrus chipsets
ATTR{vendor}=="0x1013", ATTR{device}=="0x00b8", ATTR{subsystem_vendor}=="0x1af4", ATTR{subsystem_device}=="0x1100", RUN+="/bin/sh -c '/bin/mkdir /run/gdm ; /usr/bin/printf \"[daemon]\nWaylandEnable=false\" >> /run/gdm/custom.conf'"

Code:
$ equery b /usr/lib/udev/rules.d/61-gdm.rules
 * Searching for /usr/lib/udev/rules.d/61-gdm.rules ...
gnome-base/gdm-3.28.1 (/usr/lib/udev/rules.d/61-gdm.rules)

I also noticed these:
Code:
May  7 00:06:01 Bub-i7 gdm-launch-environment]: AccountsService: Could not get current seat: Aucun périphérique ou adresse

May 7 00:06:09 Bub-i7 gdm-password]: AccountsService: Could not get current seat: Aucun périphérique ou adresse
steveL
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell wrote:
I have mentioned this before but it bears repeating... I do keep my eyes open for various security advisories regarding GNOME-related packages and I do my best to apply fixes across all provided GNOME release versions.

You may notice that some packages provided by the project will fail a GLSA check, however, in most (if not all) cases, I have already patched the related CVEs (if I miss any, just let me know).

For example, app-text/poppler-0.56.0-r2 and app-text/poppler-0.58.0 were contained about a month ago.

Gentoo's preference towards resolving vulnerabilities is to upgrade the package and drop any vulnerable versions (which will result in a clean GLSA check) because (probably) it's easier. I backport (which will often fail a GLSA check) because I support multiple GNOME release versions.
Damn, that's excellent work.

I much prefer your approach. Gentoo could easily do the same, by using -rXX increments.
If nothing else, it could just use your ebuilds ;-)
simonvanderveldt
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell wrote:
simonvanderveldt wrote:

Shibotto wrote:

Reviewing packages for stabilization is definitely something that needs to be done.

That's very nice, thanks!

dantrell wrote:

simonvanderveldt wrote:

I didn't know this, that's great and a very nice thing to do, especially for those running older versions of GNOME. Thanks (again ;)) !

Whilst emerging dev-cpp/glibmm-2.56.0 (still using gcc 7.3.0) I ran into the following:
Code:
/var/tmp/portage/dev-cpp/glibmm-2.56.0/work/glibmm-2.56.0/gio/giomm/application.cc: In member function 'void Gio::Application::set_option_context_parameter_string(const Glib::ustring&)':
/var/tmp/portage/dev-cpp/glibmm-2.56.0/work/glibmm-2.56.0/gio/giomm/application.cc:1169:3: error: 'g_application_set_option_context_parameter_string' was not declared in this scope
   g_application_set_option_context_parameter_string(gobj(), parameter_string.empty() ? nullptr : parameter_string.c_str());
   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/var/tmp/portage/dev-cpp/glibmm-2.56.0/work/glibmm-2.56.0/gio/giomm/application.cc:1169:3: note: suggested alternative: 'set_option_context_parameter_string'
   g_application_set_option_context_parameter_string(gobj(), parameter_string.empty() ? nullptr : parameter_string.c_str());
   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   set_option_context_parameter_string
/var/tmp/portage/dev-cpp/glibmm-2.56.0/work/glibmm-2.56.0/gio/giomm/application.cc: In member function 'void Gio::Application::set_option_context_summary(const Glib::ustring&)':
/var/tmp/portage/dev-cpp/glibmm-2.56.0/work/glibmm-2.56.0/gio/giomm/application.cc:1174:3: error: 'g_application_set_option_context_summary' was not declared in this scope
   g_application_set_option_context_summary(gobj(), summary.empty() ? nullptr : summary.c_str());
   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/var/tmp/portage/dev-cpp/glibmm-2.56.0/work/glibmm-2.56.0/gio/giomm/application.cc:1174:3: note: suggested alternative: 'set_option_context_summary'
   g_application_set_option_context_summary(gobj(), summary.empty() ? nullptr : summary.c_str());
   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   set_option_context_summary
/var/tmp/portage/dev-cpp/glibmm-2.56.0/work/glibmm-2.56.0/gio/giomm/application.cc: In member function 'void Gio::Application::set_option_context_description(const Glib::ustring&)':
/var/tmp/portage/dev-cpp/glibmm-2.56.0/work/glibmm-2.56.0/gio/giomm/application.cc:1179:3: error: 'g_application_set_option_context_description' was not declared in this scope
   g_application_set_option_context_description(gobj(), description.empty() ? nullptr : description.c_str());
   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/var/tmp/portage/dev-cpp/glibmm-2.56.0/work/glibmm-2.56.0/gio/giomm/application.cc:1179:3: note: suggested alternative: 'set_option_context_description'
   g_application_set_option_context_description(gobj(), description.empty() ? nullptr : description.c_str());
   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
dantrell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell wrote:

In case anyone didn't notice, the review process was completed (with about 175 files being affected).

BuBuaBu wrote:
I've upgraded from 3.26 to 3.28.

Just to confirm, those errors weren't present in the logs on GNOME 3.26?

steveL wrote:
I much prefer your approach.

simonvanderveldt wrote:
I didn't know this, that's great and a very nice thing to do, especially for those running older versions of GNOME. Thanks (again ;)) !

I do what I can. ;)

simonvanderveldt wrote:
Whilst emerging dev-cpp/glibmm-2.56.0 (still using gcc 7.3.0) I ran into the following [...]

I was able to reproduce this error by building against an older version of GLib so despite the dependency on GLib 2.50.0 or greater, it actually needs 2.56.0 or greater which can be seen in GLib commit 0e22d19.

That said, GLibmm 2.56.0 shouldn't have been pulled in unless you were on GNOME 3.28 so this led me to investigate my secret overlay toolkit where I found some room for improvement. :twisted:
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 27 of 29

Jump to: