[solved] strange issue with nodejs ebuild on armvtel
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gordonb3
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:00 pm    Post subject: [solved] strange issue with nodejs ebuild on armvtel Reply with quote

Dear devs,

A lot of docs state that when snapshot is enabled nodejs may fail to compile and in fact it does on my armvtel system. When I disable snapshot the ebuild appears to complete successfully, but the resulting binary returns a segfault. I found that if I run 'make' outside the ebuild environment the build does result in a working binary, but whatever I do to make the ebuild work simply gives me the non functional binary. Every time.

The thing is that I need to get a working solution for the ebuild because nodejs is a build time dependency for a package I'm currently trying to port to Gentoo (see my project page on github) and I need people to be able to install this without the trickery I had to do.

FEATURES="-sandbox -userpriv -usersandbox" does not change it.

Last edited by gordonb3 on Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
gordonb3
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Issue solved. The problem was with the compile flag 'march=armv5te' set in portage make.conf - set by the maintainer of the original live evaluation system. Very useful for the cross compile environment, but this particular package produces bad code if this is set.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: