G+ notifications in firefox and chrome (assuming all browser
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
siknasa9
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 5:16 am    Post subject: G+ notifications in firefox and chrome (assuming all browser Reply with quote

Any idea why this is happening? : https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0BysIf2NhNYBFUE9COWhCYXdiSGM&export=download

Been happening a while now, and not sure if anyone here can help, but it I only have Gentoo boxes and it's only not doing it on my wife's Win computer. I have to check notifications via the phone. Anyway, thanks in advance for the help if you can.
ct85711
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I see, it's the usual notification trash from g+ (similar to fb's stuff). You can change on what notifications you get and stuff in your profile settings (note, you get the same stuff on windows and on linux). Mainly, if your computer is logged into your google account you will have that part. For the most part, you can ignore it as harmless noise; or you can turn the notifications off (like fb, google likes to bury the settings deep in your profile). For me, the only main notification I keep, the unknown device account accessing. That helped notify me from the usual bull**** of china trying to hack my account (nice that google tells me the location of the person trying to log into my account).
Not sure if this will help you, but try going here to find the notification settings... https://plus.google.com/settings
siknasa9
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No... it's not opening the notifications at all. I just get that line when it should be my notification, or, if there are none, the google bell character that says "All caught up!" In stead I just get that line and it never opens.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: