pxe linux init= param not executing
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
srd
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:37 am    Post subject: pxe linux init= param not executing Reply with quote

I'm using PXE linux to boot my diskless nodes and all is working fine w/ the exception of the init= parameter on the APPEND line of my pxelinux.cfg/default file.

Code:
DEFAULT Gentoo-3.18.7
LABEL Gentoo-3.18.7
LINUX /gentoo-x86_64/boot/kernel-3.18.7-gentoo
APPEND ip=dhcp root=/dev/nfs nfsroot=10.0.0.11:/gentoo-x86_64 init=/linuxrc ro

The problem is that the linuxrc script is not being called. This file is located on the master node in the dir /diskless/gentoo-x86_64. NFSv4 exports these dirs as follows.

Code:
/exports        10.0.0.0/16(ro,fsid=0,sync,no_subtree_check,no_root_squash,no_all_squash)
/exports/gentoo-x86_64  10.0.0.0/16(ro,nohide,insecure,no_subtree_check,no_root_squash,no_all_squash)
/exports/opt        10.0.0.0/16(rw,nohide,insecure,no_subtree_check,no_root_squash,no_all_squash)
/exports/home       10.0.0.0/16(rw,nohide,insecure,no_subtree_check,no_root_squash,no_all_squash)
/exports/root       10.0.0.0/16(rw,nohide,insecure,no_subtree_check,no_root_squash,no_all_squash)

Of course the nodes don't boot properly because a lot of temporary rw file systems created from linuxrc don't get created since linuxrc is not run.

Any ideas?
szatox
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not the first one trying to get it to work like that. The last time I saw it, user blamed failures on NFS4 and switched to NFS3.
I don't know whether he was right or not, but it's a good starting point if you want to do the troubleshooting. Oh, network traffic analyzer would surely help a lot.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: