Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Found a usability issue after changing password and email.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebigslide
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 12:18 am    Post subject: Found a usability issue after changing password and email. Reply with quote

Thanks for making the activation-on-change-email process pretty painless :) I did discover an edge case bug with that process just recently.

When I changed my password and email following a reset password, I saw a red text message on screen briefly after hitting submit - but a redirect occurred before I was able to read it - that said something about my account changing to deactivated status. I figured it was incidental, because I was taken to a login screen next with no red error text or anything indicating I needed to take the next step. I tried logging in, and resetting my password again, under both email addresses. Of course, that didn't work for the old email address. I then reset my password using the new email address and checked my inbox a few seconds later and discovered the activation email that had been send previously.

On requiring activation, the application should instruct the user to check email inbox, spam folders, and find and click the activation link. This message should display on the login page the user is redirected to following a reset password and email profile form submission.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: