glibc-2.20-r2 flakiness
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gtbX
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 5:02 am    Post subject: glibc-2.20-r2 flakiness Reply with quote

I recently tried upgrading glibc from 2.19-r1 to 2.20-r2 on both of my sparc machines, and in both cases was forced to downgrade afterwards due to instability (and use a hacked-up binpkg to do it).

eg, emerge would fail on certain packages due to segfaults and produce mysterious errors about process 0:
Code:
/usr/portage/sys-libs/glibc/glibc-2.20-r2.ebuild: line 103: wait_for: No record of process 0
/usr/lib/portage/python2.7/phase-helpers.sh: line 831:  1272 Segmentation fault      "$PORTAGE_BIN_PATH"/ebuild-ipc has_version "${eroot}" "${atom}"

Signals also stop working - I can't ^C failing merges anymore. Luckily, screen is still running with the old glibc resident, so I can switch to a new window and "killall emerge"

Anyone else see this? Am I just doing something wrong? glibc-2.20 is otherwise solid on my non-sparc machines.
xbskid
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm experiencing this as well, particularly during bootup; it's preventing important services, like sshd, from starting.

Edit: Ended up booting to a liveCD and using /bin/sh as a shell to get emerge to actually build things.

Edit 2: System is usable after [eventually] rebuilding bash, python, and sshd.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: