Copy to CIFS mounted location slow in Thunar
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John5788
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 9:03 pm    Post subject: Copy to CIFS mounted location slow in Thunar Reply with quote

I have a strange problem that I cannot identify. I have mounted a FreeNAS CIFS share in my network and it seems to work perfectly fine on other machines Gentoo server (no GUI), Ubuntu HTPC, and even a VM of Windows 8.1 on my main desktop.

However, copying files from my Gentoo desktop to the CIFS share has some problems that only show up while I am using a file manager like Thunar or PCManFM. When copying from the file managers, I get a very low throughput of about 17MB/s to the mounted location under /mnt. Performing a copy of the same file from the command line using `cp` gives me my entire gigabit throughput of ~100MB/s. Why the difference and how to fix this? I am running Thunar 1.6.7 (upgraded from 1.6.3 to see if that fixes the issue)

My CIFS mount fstab line:

Code:

//freenas/share      /mnt/freenas/share   cifs   credentials=/root/.cifs-john5788,defaults,uid=1000,gid=1000,cache=none 0 0

I'll note that my HTPC with Ubuntu does not have this same problem when copying files using PCManFM.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: