Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
locale change invalidates all passwords.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gentree
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject: locale change invalidates all passwords. Reply with quote

Hi,

I have just done a fresh Gentoo installation and as part of setting it up configured the locale to use UTF-8 character sets.

However, I found that when I tried to login to this forum it said user/pw was invalid and I had to do a reset. I logged in with the randomly generated ps and change the pw in my profile, I used exactly the same pw as before and it now works.

Now when I boot to my old installation ( the new one is long way from being finished ) I find this forum refuses the password stored by firefox.

Now the ps I use does not include any exotic chars , they're all <128 ASCII codes, so the two systems should be able to login.

No change was made to the user name and it still works on both systems. Why does the pw get send differently?

This is going to be a huge PITA, if every single login I've created is now going to seen as invalid.

What is going on?

TIA, Gentree. 8)
v_andal
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly, you've setup locale incorrectly. I would start wireshark and intercept data exchange on both systems, then compare the two and try to figure out what is different. That may give a clue how your browser interprets your input.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: