Awesome Theme - Couldn't recognize PNG
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
korendir
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:22 pm    Post subject: Awesome Theme - Couldn't recognize PNG Reply with quote

Hey all,

Well, I have a problem which I've been trying to fix on my own, but it just doesn't want to get fixed. I didn't want to necro a posting so I will just place a link here. It's basically the problem I am having.
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1000594-highlight-recognize+format.html

I tried placing png in the /etc/portage/make.conf file for the 'USE' flag, and tried to emerge -uavDN world, but nothing came up and nothing was changed. I even tried doing a clean install on my laptop and adding all the necessary 'USE' flag entries before emerging stuff, but I still get the same error.

Some other info.. This is on a Win 7 host with Virtualbox. Awesome is the latest version 3.5.6 with the Awesome themes from Github.

I wouldn't mind if anyone that doesn't have this problem would please show me your output for the following command.
Code:
equery hasuse png

This is my output:
Code:
media-gfx/imagemagick-6.9.0.3
media-libs/freetype-2.5.5
media-libs/gd-2.0.35-r4
media-libs/imlib2-1.4.6-r2
media-libs/jbig2dec-0.11-r1
x11-wm/fvwm-2.6.5

Heh, I may just give up on this at some point and just use FVWM... It's been more than a decade since I've used it...

Thanks in advance for any replies and help.

Edit:
This is my emerge --info output:
http://pasted.co/a6561414
Also, my output for lddtree /usr/bin/awesome:
http://pasted.co/7c9f0b51
franzf
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing a "clean reinstall" usually doesn't help in Gentoo ;) You really have to f*** up some core components to bring it into an unusable state (like emerge -C python), and even then you have options to repair it booting a live cd.

Concerning your issue: error message, please! It might be you really see the same issue, but it also might be your personal awesome config is broken - you mentioned "with the awesome themes from github", which might be the real issue here. I also tried some configs from other users and had issues.

Furthermore it's nice you already know equery. Just a little pointer to the manpage:
Code:
 Note:  hasuse  does  not currently have the ability to display if packages are built with the given USE flag or not. It can only list which packages have the flag as an option. (See EXAMPLES)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: