View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamtat
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:36 am    Post subject: failed to load driver i965 Reply with quote

I'm trying to diagnose an issue I just noted in my mythfrontend.log. The error is as follows:
Code:
X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8                                                                                                     
  Major opcode: 42 (X_SetInputFocus)                                                                                                                   
  Resource id:  0x6000ba                                                                                                                               
libGL error: unable to load driver: i965_dri.so                                                                                                         
libGL error: driver pointer missing                                                                                                                     
libGL error: failed to load driver: i965

Not sure why that's showing up, as I had been assuming that, by compiling the i915 module, which I understood is the right one for my video hardware (VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation ValleyView Gen7 (rev 0e)) into the kernel, I would have what I need for it to operate. I have VIDEO_CARDS="intel i915" in my make.conf.

Researching the error message, I'm running across things that discuss video_cards_intel as offering a possible resolution. When I run "locate i965_dri.so" I get /usr/lib64/dri/i965_dri.so. But closer inspection reveals that this is actually a symlink--albeit a broken one. It should be pointing to /usr/lib64/mesa/i965_dri.so, but there is no such file on my system.

So, can anyone offer an explanation of what I'm dealing with here? Pointers on how to fix this issue? Thanks.
jamtat
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking over the wiki item (https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Intel) on Intel graphics, I'm beginning to suspect I may have indicated the wrong video hardware in make.conf when I set up this system. The wiki says VIDEO_CARDS="intel i965" should be set for Gen 4-7 cards, and mine appears to be Gen7. So, another thing it seems I'll need to straighten out. It also recommends, after a change like that to make.conf, to run `emerge --ask --changed-use --deep @world.` Am I reading it correctly?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: