nginx serving MythWeb--help needed
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamtat
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:44 pm    Post subject: nginx serving MythWeb--help needed Reply with quote

I'm trying to get nginx to act as the web server for MythWeb. The target machine will be on my LAN, though I have, in the past, forwarded a port from my router to it so the wife can access MythWeb and schedule recordings from work. Since I'm trying to do a lean-mean-machine install of MythTV and associated elements this time, I'm trying out Gentoo. It's been a real struggle, given my fairly modest technical acumen and knowledge of GNU/Linux. The latest hurdle is trying to get MythWeb up and running: as the title of the thread notes, I am trying to use nginx to act as a sort of web server, due to it's purported lightness.

I'm in pretty far over my head, though I have managed to get nginx and php-fpm installed by following directions on the wiki (https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Nginx). MythWeb has been installed as well. I was trying to work from directions at the MythTV wiki (https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythWeb_on_Nginx) to get things going, but did not get very far. Lately I've been informed about webapps-config and have installed it. So I'm trying to puzzle out how to use it for my purposes. The whole thing, which is nearly at the limits of my knowledge/experience, is made even more confounding by the virtual-hosting aspect of webapps-config--something which does not apply at all to my scenario since this MythTV FE/BE combination should only ever need to serve MythWeb as a single site.

I've looked over the webbapps-config man page, config file, the wiki write-up, and have tried a couple of experiments with webapps-config. But they're not going well. Doing some further research, I came across this page http://gentoovps.net/webapp-config/, which states, regarding salient parts of the /etc/vhosts/webapp-config file, that "vhost_root is probably the only thing you need to change." I do not understand this assertion: what does it need to be changed to? I can guess it's related to my system's configuration and the web application I have installed, but that's not enough to clue me in to what exact change I might need to make there.

I think I'll have further queries on this matter, but I'll make just this one to begin with. Thanks in advance for any input.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: