Werid glitch with wifi using networkmanager
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aditya3098
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:05 am    Post subject: Werid glitch with wifi using networkmanager Reply with quote

I installed networkmanager, and used it to connect to a wifi ap setup by a raspberrypi. The raspberrypi is running hostapd and it is configured to use 12.15.19.0 as its IP address. The raspberrypi is running debian and is NOT connected to any other network, I just need to ssh into it.

I set up my gentoo desktop with networkmanager for connecting to the wifi hotspot using an ATH9271 adapter.

I connected using dhcp, and for some reason, it said that network was unreachable. Then I tried giving my desktop the static ip 12.15.19.1, but it still said the same. Then I tried
Code:
sudo ifconfig wlp0s19f2u4 12.15.19.1
and it still said no network. Then I did
Code:
sudo ifconfig wlp0s19f2u4 12.15.19.0
which is the same IP as the raspberrypi, by accident. I changed it back, with
Code:
sudo ifconfig wlp0s19f2u4 12.15.19.1
, and then ssh worked! I rebooted and the same thing happened: I could only connect if I set my IP to that of my raspberrypi, and then change it back. Why is this happening?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: