[SOLVED] Updating very old installation, multiple circ. deps
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
user77
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED] Updating very old installation, multiple circ. deps Reply with quote

Hello all,

i have a lot of trouble updating an old system. The main active python version is 2.6 and
im unable to update python, portage and so on (followed the python 2.6 to 2.7 guide in
this forum).
Python tries a rebuild / update (to version 2.7.9-r1) and ends up in an errror called:

Code:

error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.9-r1/work/Python-2.7.9/Modules/_ctypes/libffi'

I tried to run "revdep-rebuild" and also "emerge @preserved-rebuild" (hint on command line
after updating some of the other system packages) but everything ends in updating python
and raises the error of above.

I also tried to remove and re-merge all "libffi" packages but this does not help.
I know that this is not easy to solve, but the system ist very important and it is definitely
not possible to install a new system at the moment.
Im able to post all the output you need here. It would be really fine if someone can
help me with this issue.

This is the output of emerge -pqv:
Code:

emerge -pqv '=dev-lang/python-2.7.9-r1'
[ebuild     U ] dev-lang/python-2.7.9-r1 [2.7.5] USE="ssl threads (wide-unicode) xml -berkdb -build -doc -examples -gdbm -hardened -ipv6 -ncurses -readline -sqlite -tk -wininst"

This is my output from emerge --info:
Code:

emerge --info '=dev-lang/python-2.7.9-r1'
Portage 2.1.12.2 (default/linux/amd64/13.0, gcc-4.5.3, glibc-2.14.1-r3, 3.6.11-gentoo-IB x86_64)
=================================================================
                        System Settings
=================================================================
System uname: Linux-3.6.11-gentoo-IB-x86_64-AMD_Athlon-tm-_64_X2_Dual_Core_Processor_5600+-with-gentoo-2.2
KiB Mem:     4023496 total,    402844 free
KiB Swap:    4000148 total,   4000148 free
Timestamp of tree: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 18:15:01 +0000
ld GNU ld (GNU Binutils) 2.21.1
app-shells/bash:          4.2_p53
dev-lang/perl:            5.12.4-r1
dev-lang/python:          2.4.6, 2.5.4-r4, 2.6.8, 2.7.5, 3.1.5, 3.2.5-r1
dev-util/cmake:           2.8.7-r5
dev-util/pkgconfig:       0.28
sys-apps/baselayout:      2.2
sys-apps/openrc:          0.13.11
sys-apps/sandbox:         2.6-r1
sys-devel/autoconf:       2.69
sys-devel/automake:       1.11.1, 1.12.6, 1.13.4
sys-devel/binutils:       2.21.1-r1
sys-devel/gcc:            4.1.2, 4.4.6-r1, 4.5.3-r2
sys-devel/gcc-config:     1.6
sys-devel/libtool:        2.4-r1
sys-devel/make:           3.82-r4
sys-kernel/linux-headers: 3.7 (virtual/os-headers)
sys-libs/glibc:           2.14.1-r3
Repositories: gentoo x-portage
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64"
ACCEPT_LICENSE="* -@EULA"
CBUILD="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-march=athlon64 -O2 -pipe"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/share/gnupg/qualified.txt /var/bind"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/env.d /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/gentoo-release /etc/php/apache2-php5.3/ext-active/ /etc/php/cgi-php5.3/ext-active/ /etc/php/cli-php5.3/ext-active/ /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/sandbox.d /etc/terminfo"
CXXFLAGS="-march=athlon64 -O2 -pipe"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FCFLAGS="-O2 -pipe"
FEATURES="assume-digests binpkg-logs config-protect-if-modified distlocks ebuild-locks fixlafiles merge-sync news parallel-fetch preserve-libs protect-owned sandbox sfperms strict unknown-features-warn unmerge-logs unmerge-orphans userfetch"
FFLAGS="-O2 -pipe"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="ftp://de-mirror.org/gentoo/ http://de-mirror.org/gentoo/ rsync://de-mirror.org/gentoo/"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed"
MAKEOPTS="-j3"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT="/"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --stats --human-readable --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.europe.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="acl amd64 bash-completion crypt cxx nls pam pcre ssl unicode userlocales" ABI_X86="64" APACHE2_MODULES="actions alias auth_basic auth_digest authn_anon authn_dbd authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache cgi dbd deflate dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers ident imagemap include info log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation rewrite setenvif so status unique_id userdir usertrack vhost_alias" APACHE2_MPMS="itk" CURL_SSL="openssl" ELIBC="glibc" KERNEL="linux" LINGUAS="de" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_6" USERLAND="GNU"
USE_PYTHON="2.6"
Unset:  CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, INSTALL_MASK, LANG, LC_ALL, PORTAGE_BUNZIP2_COMMAND, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS

Thanks a lot.
Andre
user77
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunality nobody here was able to help. So i made different tests and try different things until it works.

If someone else runs into this, maybe it helps if i short describe how to do.

On different programs and testing emerges (unneeded programs for testing) sometimes i noticed
an error:

/dev/fd/62: No Such File or Directory

First i thougt this is not a big thing, but after googling the error i found a simple solution to symlink
the /proc/self/fd to /dev/fd.

Usually it will be done by udev. In my case i updated udev in some steps earlier and did not make
a reboot and maybe thatswhy it was not set correctly.
After fixing this all packages compiled very fine without an error. So it was no python issue at all.
RAPHEAD
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You saved my day.

I have absolutely no explanation why this was gone.
I suspect it has something to to with a partial system update I made.
The update included udev but not openrc or openrc failed.
The openrc update however was necessary.
So after the update everything worked.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: