freeorion fails at the linker stage
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roman_Gruber
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:11 pm    Post subject: freeorion fails at the linker stage Reply with quote

I really wonder why bugs are not fixed and why packages are not kicked out of the portage tree as they used to be when they do not compile.

last lines of portage as of today. Same as of january 2015.

Code:
/var/tmp/portage/games-strategy/freeorion-0.4.4/work/freeorion-0.4.4/GG/src/Font.cpp:1343:19: error: ambiguous overload for 'operator+=' (operand types are 'GG::X' and 'const unsigned int')
                 x += glyph_bitmap.width;
                   ^
/var/tmp/portage/games-strategy/freeorion-0.4.4/work/freeorion-0.4.4/GG/src/Font.cpp:1343:19: note: candidates are:
In file included from /var/tmp/portage/games-strategy/freeorion-0.4.4/work/freeorion-0.4.4/GG/GG/PtRect.h:32:0,
                 from /var/tmp/portage/games-strategy/freeorion-0.4.4/work/freeorion-0.4.4/GG/GG/Base.h:51,
                 from /var/tmp/portage/games-strategy/freeorion-0.4.4/work/freeorion-0.4.4/GG/GG/AlignmentFlags.h:32,
                 from /var/tmp/portage/games-strategy/freeorion-0.4.4/work/freeorion-0.4.4/GG/GG/Font.h:35,
                 from /var/tmp/portage/games-strategy/freeorion-0.4.4/work/freeorion-0.4.4/GG/src/Font.cpp:25:
/var/tmp/portage/games-strategy/freeorion-0.4.4/work/freeorion-0.4.4/GG/GG/StrongTypedef.h:97:23: note: GG::X& GG::X::operator+=(int)
     inline self_type& operator op ## = (rhs_type rhs)
                       ^
/var/tmp/portage/games-strategy/freeorion-0.4.4/work/freeorion-0.4.4/GG/GG/StrongTypedef.h:100:5: note: in expansion of macro 'GG_MEMBER_ASSIGN_OP_OTHER_TYPE_DECL'
     GG_MEMBER_ASSIGN_OP_OTHER_TYPE_DECL(op, self_type, rhs_type) \
     ^
/var/tmp/portage/games-strategy/freeorion-0.4.4/work/freeorion-0.4.4/GG/GG/StrongTypedef.h:146:5: note: in expansion of macro 'GG_MEMBER_ASSIGN_OP_OTHER_TYPE'
     GG_MEMBER_ASSIGN_OP_OTHER_TYPE(+, self_type, rhs_type);        \
     ^
/var/tmp/portage/games-strategy/freeorion-0.4.4/work/freeorion-0.4.4/GG/GG/StrongTypedef.h:297:9: note: in expansion of macro 'GG_MEMBER_ARITH_ASSIGN_OPS_OTHER_TYPE'
         GG_MEMBER_ARITH_ASSIGN_OPS_OTHER_TYPE(name, type);              \
         ^
/var/tmp/portage/games-strategy/freeorion-0.4.4/work/freeorion-0.4.4/GG/GG/PtRect.h:41:1: note: in expansion of macro 'GG_STRONG_INTEGRAL_TYPEDEF'
 GG_STRONG_INTEGRAL_TYPEDEF(X, int);
 ^
/var/tmp/portage/games-strategy/freeorion-0.4.4/work/freeorion-0.4.4/GG/GG/StrongTypedef.h:97:23: note: GG::X& GG::X::operator+=(double)
     inline self_type& operator op ## = (rhs_type rhs)
                       ^
/var/tmp/portage/games-strategy/freeorion-0.4.4/work/freeorion-0.4.4/GG/GG/StrongTypedef.h:100:5: note: in expansion of macro 'GG_MEMBER_ASSIGN_OP_OTHER_TYPE_DECL'
     GG_MEMBER_ASSIGN_OP_OTHER_TYPE_DECL(op, self_type, rhs_type) \
     ^
/var/tmp/portage/games-strategy/freeorion-0.4.4/work/freeorion-0.4.4/GG/GG/StrongTypedef.h:146:5: note: in expansion of macro 'GG_MEMBER_ASSIGN_OP_OTHER_TYPE'
     GG_MEMBER_ASSIGN_OP_OTHER_TYPE(+, self_type, rhs_type);        \
     ^
/var/tmp/portage/games-strategy/freeorion-0.4.4/work/freeorion-0.4.4/GG/GG/StrongTypedef.h:301:9: note: in expansion of macro 'GG_MEMBER_ARITH_ASSIGN_OPS_OTHER_TYPE'
         GG_MEMBER_ARITH_ASSIGN_OPS_OTHER_TYPE(name, double);            \
         ^
/var/tmp/portage/games-strategy/freeorion-0.4.4/work/freeorion-0.4.4/GG/GG/PtRect.h:41:1: note: in expansion of macro 'GG_STRONG_INTEGRAL_TYPEDEF'
 GG_STRONG_INTEGRAL_TYPEDEF(X, int);
 ^
/var/tmp/portage/games-strategy/freeorion-0.4.4/work/freeorion-0.4.4/GG/src/Font.cpp: At global scope:
/var/tmp/portage/games-strategy/freeorion-0.4.4/work/freeorion-0.4.4/GG/src/Font.cpp:252:10: warning: '{anonymous}::dummy' defined but not used [-Wunused-variable]
     bool dummy = RegisterTextFormats();
          ^
GG/src/CMakeFiles/GiGi.dir/build.make:330: recipe for target 'GG/src/CMakeFiles/GiGi.dir/Font.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [GG/src/CMakeFiles/GiGi.dir/Font.cpp.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/var/tmp/portage/games-strategy/freeorion-0.4.4/work/freeorion-0.4.4_build'
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:127: recipe for target 'GG/src/CMakeFiles/GiGi.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [GG/src/CMakeFiles/GiGi.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/var/tmp/portage/games-strategy/freeorion-0.4.4/work/freeorion-0.4.4_build'
Makefile:137: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
 * ERROR: games-strategy/freeorion-0.4.4::gentoo failed (compile phase):
 *   emake failed
 * If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=games-strategy/freeorion-0.4.4::gentoo'`,
 * the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=games-strategy/freeorion-0.4.4::gentoo'`.
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/games-strategy/freeorion-0.4.4/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/games-strategy/freeorion-0.4.4/temp/environment'.
 * Working directory: '/var/tmp/portage/games-strategy/freeorion-0.4.4/work/freeorion-0.4.4_build'
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/games-strategy/freeorion-0.4.4/work/freeorion-0.4.4'

>>> Failed to emerge games-strategy/freeorion-0.4.4, Log file:

>>>  '/var/tmp/portage/games-strategy/freeorion-0.4.4/temp/build.log'

https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=534100

I was the last person who wrote early in january that it does not work at all in this bug report.

Now we have soon early april and nothing changed.

In the past packages which did not compile with open bugs were just kicked out of the portage tree.

I do not see the point on keeping packages in the tree when they do not compile with boost, when boost is a core libary which is needed for anything and can not be that easily downgraded or kept at a lower version of boost.

We even had a topic around xmas about this topic and it was non fixable. The buildfiles are a mess and even on freeorion homepage there were tons of pages that it does not compile well on any linux at all.

Simple solution. Bug won t fix, and kick out freeorion out of the portage tree as there are no maintainers.

just as reference teh old forum topic: https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1008338-highlight-freeorion.html

unfixable, do not build, remove from tree, ty

Last edited by Roman_Gruber on Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
krinn
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't compile for you (ok, i get this clear), and you want it removed, so it get out of tree because you aren't able to use it, so other should not then?
The package is ~ it would be a problem if it was stable, but it is not. And it "might" (i don't know!) work for some people that won't be happy you remove it for the only reason it doesn't work for you.

I see freeorion boost is an option it get from ogre.
Don't you think it "might" work for people using ogre with -boost?
Dilvish
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prior to today, the last post on the FreeOrion boards regarding building in Gentoo (from December 2014) had indicated it worked fine (at which time Boost 1.55 was apparently in gentoo stable portage, if that's the right terminology). Our current code does compile fine with boost 1.56, perhaps one of you can try that.

**edited to remove mistaken reference to debian
Roman_Gruber
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well

it still breaks on the linker stage:

The invoked command of "emerge"

Code:
cd /mnt/sdb2/var/tmp/portage/games-strategy/freeorion-0.4.5_pre/work/freeorion-0.4.5_pre_build/server && /usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_link_script CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/link.txt

Just out of curiousity I played with the linker flags and i did not succeed.

I am building freeoriion now on my second gentoo laptop but i suspect to see it fail at the linker stage too.

Nothing changed in my opinion.

Well if someone has some deeper knowledge to shed some light on this

Code:
/usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_link_script CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/link.txt

where can I see what "cmake_link_script " does and where is that "cmake_link_script " saved / reference for it?

well teh output, when you rerun the command, it fails on the same point:
Code:
cd /mnt/sdb2/var/tmp/portage/games-strategy/freeorion-0.4.5_pre/work/freeorion-0.4.5_pre_build/server && /usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_link_script CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/link.txt
CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/SaveLoad.cpp.o: In function `LoadGalaxySetupData(std::string const&, GalaxySetupData&, bool)':
SaveLoad.cpp:(.text+0x294): undefined reference to `boost::archive::detail::shared_ptr_helper::shared_ptr_helper()'
SaveLoad.cpp:(.text+0x407): undefined reference to `boost::archive::detail::shared_ptr_helper::shared_ptr_helper()'
CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/SaveLoad.cpp.o: In function `LoadPlayerSaveGameData(std::string const&, std::vector<PlayerSaveGameData, std::allocator<PlayerSaveGameData> >&, bool)':
SaveLoad.cpp:(.text+0xc92): undefined reference to `boost::archive::detail::shared_ptr_helper::shared_ptr_helper()'
CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/SaveLoad.cpp.o: In function `LoadEmpireSaveGameData(std::string const&, std::map<int, SaveGameEmpireData, std::less<int>, std::allocator<std::pair<int const, SaveGameEmpireData> > >&, bool)':
SaveLoad.cpp:(.text+0x2baa): undefined reference to `boost::archive::detail::shared_ptr_helper::shared_ptr_helper()'
CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/SaveLoad.cpp.o: In function `LoadGame(std::string const&, ServerSaveGameData&, std::vector<PlayerSaveGameData, std::allocator<PlayerSaveGameData> >&, Universe&, EmpireManager&, SpeciesManager&, CombatLogManager&, GalaxySetupData&, bool)':
SaveLoad.cpp:(.text+0x35f9): undefined reference to `boost::archive::detail::shared_ptr_helper::shared_ptr_helper()'
CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/SaveLoad.cpp.o: In function `boost::archive::xml_iarchive::~xml_iarchive()':
SaveLoad.cpp:(.text._ZN5boost7archive12xml_iarchiveD2Ev[_ZN5boost7archive12xml_iarchiveD5Ev]+0x16): undefined reference to `boost::archive::detail::shared_ptr_helper::~shared_ptr_helper()'
CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/SaveLoad.cpp.o: In function `boost::archive::binary_iarchive::~binary_iarchive()':
SaveLoad.cpp:(.text._ZN5boost7archive15binary_iarchiveD2Ev[_ZN5boost7archive15binary_iarchiveD5Ev]+0x16): undefined reference to `boost::archive::detail::shared_ptr_helper::~shared_ptr_helper()'
CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/SaveLoad.cpp.o: In function `boost::archive::xml_iarchive::~xml_iarchive()':
SaveLoad.cpp:(.text._ZN5boost7archive12xml_iarchiveD0Ev[_ZN5boost7archive12xml_iarchiveD5Ev]+0x16): undefined reference to `boost::archive::detail::shared_ptr_helper::~shared_ptr_helper()'
CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/SaveLoad.cpp.o: In function `boost::archive::binary_iarchive::~binary_iarchive()':
SaveLoad.cpp:(.text._ZN5boost7archive15binary_iarchiveD0Ev[_ZN5boost7archive15binary_iarchiveD5Ev]+0x16): undefined reference to `boost::archive::detail::shared_ptr_helper::~shared_ptr_helper()'
CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/SaveLoad.cpp.o: In function `boost::archive::binary_iarchive::binary_iarchive(std::istream&, unsigned int)':
SaveLoad.cpp:(.text._ZN5boost7archive15binary_iarchiveC2ERSij[_ZN5boost7archive15binary_iarchiveC5ERSij]+0x44): undefined reference to `boost::archive::detail::shared_ptr_helper::shared_ptr_helper()'
CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/SaveLoad.cpp.o: In function `void boost::archive::detail::shared_ptr_helper::reset<SaveGameUIData>(boost::shared_ptr<SaveGameUIData>&, SaveGameUIData*)':
SaveLoad.cpp:(.text._ZN5boost7archive6detail17shared_ptr_helper5resetI14SaveGameUIDataEEvRNS_10shared_ptrIT_EEPS6_[_ZN5boost7archive6detail17shared_ptr_helper5resetI14SaveGameUIDataEEvRNS_10shared_ptrIT_EEPS6_]+0x57): undefined reference to `boost::archive::detail::shared_ptr_helper::get_od(void const*, boost::serialization::extended_type_info const*, boost::serialization::extended_type_info const*)'
SaveLoad.cpp:(.text._ZN5boost7archive6detail17shared_ptr_helper5resetI14SaveGameUIDataEEvRNS_10shared_ptrIT_EEPS6_[_ZN5boost7archive6detail17shared_ptr_helper5resetI14SaveGameUIDataEEvRNS_10shared_ptrIT_EEPS6_]+0x1be): undefined reference to `boost::archive::detail::shared_ptr_helper::append(boost::shared_ptr<void const> const&)'
CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/SaveLoad.cpp.o: In function `void boost::archive::detail::shared_ptr_helper::reset<OrderSet>(boost::shared_ptr<OrderSet>&, OrderSet*)':
SaveLoad.cpp:(.text._ZN5boost7archive6detail17shared_ptr_helper5resetI8OrderSetEEvRNS_10shared_ptrIT_EEPS6_[_ZN5boost7archive6detail17shared_ptr_helper5resetI8OrderSetEEvRNS_10shared_ptrIT_EEPS6_]+0x57): undefined reference to `boost::archive::detail::shared_ptr_helper::get_od(void const*, boost::serialization::extended_type_info const*, boost::serialization::extended_type_info const*)'
SaveLoad.cpp:(.text._ZN5boost7archive6detail17shared_ptr_helper5resetI8OrderSetEEvRNS_10shared_ptrIT_EEPS6_[_ZN5boost7archive6detail17shared_ptr_helper5resetI8OrderSetEEvRNS_10shared_ptrIT_EEPS6_]+0x1be): undefined reference to `boost::archive::detail::shared_ptr_helper::append(boost::shared_ptr<void const> const&)'
CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/SaveLoad.cpp.o: In function `void boost::archive::detail::shared_ptr_helper::reset<Order>(boost::shared_ptr<Order>&, Order*)':
SaveLoad.cpp:(.text._ZN5boost7archive6detail17shared_ptr_helper5resetI5OrderEEvRNS_10shared_ptrIT_EEPS6_[_ZN5boost7archive6detail17shared_ptr_helper5resetI5OrderEEvRNS_10shared_ptrIT_EEPS6_]+0x67): undefined reference to `boost::archive::detail::shared_ptr_helper::get_od(void const*, boost::serialization::extended_type_info const*, boost::serialization::extended_type_info const*)'
SaveLoad.cpp:(.text._ZN5boost7archive6detail17shared_ptr_helper5resetI5OrderEEvRNS_10shared_ptrIT_EEPS6_[_ZN5boost7archive6detail17shared_ptr_helper5resetI5OrderEEvRNS_10shared_ptrIT_EEPS6_]+0x1ce): undefined reference to `boost::archive::detail::shared_ptr_helper::append(boost::shared_ptr<void const> const&)'
CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/ServerApp.cpp.o: In function `ServerApp::CleanupAIs()':
ServerApp.cpp:(.text+0x2b1d): undefined reference to `boost::this_thread::sleep(boost::posix_time::ptime const&)'
CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/ServerFSM.cpp.o: In function `ServerFSM::HandleNonLobbyDisconnection(Disconnection const&)':
ServerFSM.cpp:(.text+0x477c): undefined reference to `boost::this_thread::sleep(boost::posix_time::ptime const&)'
CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/__/network/ServerNetworking.cpp.o: In function `PlayerConnection::HandleMessageHeaderRead(boost::system::error_code, unsigned long)':
ServerNetworking.cpp:(.text+0x4665): undefined reference to `boost::this_thread::sleep(boost::posix_time::ptime const&)'
../libfreeorioncommon.so: undefined reference to `boost::thread::start_thread()'
../libfreeorioncommon.so: undefined reference to `boost::archive::detail::shared_ptr_helper::append(boost_132::shared_ptr<void const> const&)'
../libfreeorioncommon.so: undefined reference to `boost::thread::join()'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

I wanted to dig deeper. I do not have much knowledge about c++/cmake build structure at all and therefore I am unable to investigate it further.

I also assume that the developer did test the package when he pulbished it in the portrage tree and therefore it should run.

I also downgraded cmake out of curiousity to the stable version, i run ~amd64 but it does not solve anything.

I do lack deeper knowledge of what a linker does and looking at those linker files do not reveal much to myself as of now.
Roman_Gruber
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

update:

second gentoo laptop. synced today, previous sync was on 9th of march.
the box is not updated, so the state is except boost which needed more use flags because of freeorion at 9th of march 2015

second gentoo laptop fails at the linker stage. at the same invoked command as i posted earlier.

63% ... ShipPartsParser.cpp.o

I will update the box with that abi32 bit stuff and see if it happens again. as this is a mayor thing I will report back in a few days when my box is up to date. When it still fails at fully updated box I will post a bug@gentoo.org regarding this issue.
Jaglover
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems your wish has been granted, freeorion-0.4.4 is no longer in portage. It has been replaced with 0.4.5_pre and it builds fine.
Roman_Gruber
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

build fails on my main box which is up to date:

https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=545248

I need to upload 20.6 mb buidllog. i need to find a suitable hoster for such things now...

build fails on my second box, where gnutls will not emere succesful at all. Most packages are up to date except qt-packages and gnutls
Roman_Gruber
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Box is up to date, except libreoffice. I do not want to change flags or recompile as of now

Code:
emerge -pv --update --deep -N world

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild   R    ] app-office/libreoffice-4.4.1.2::gentoo  USE="cups dbus* gtk* gtk3 java* mysql* odk* vlc (-aqua) -bluetooth -branding -coinmp -collada -debug -eds (-firebird) -gltf -gnome -gstreamer -jemalloc -kde -postgres -telepathy {-test}" LIBREOFFICE_EXTENSIONS="-nlpsolver -scripting-beanshell -scripting-javascript -wiki-publisher" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_4* -python2_7* -python3_3" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_3 python3_4*" 0 KiB

Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 KiB

Last lines of freeorion as of now, synced today. Same stuff as in the bug report from myself

Code:
     const MonsterFleetPlanManager& GetMonsterFleetPlanManager()
                                    ^
Linking CXX executable ../freeoriond
cd /mnt/sdb2/var/tmp/portage/games-strategy/freeorion-0.4.5_pre/work/freeorion-0.4.5_pre_build/server && /usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_link_script CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/link.txt --verbose=1
/usr/bin/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++   -march=native -O2 -pipe  -Wno-deprecated -Wall -Wno-parentheses -fvisibility=hidden   -Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/dmain.cpp.o CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/SaveLoad.cpp.o CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/ServerApp.cpp.o CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/ServerFSM.cpp.o CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/__/combat/CombatSystem.cpp.o CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/__/network/ServerNetworking.cpp.o CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/__/python/PythonEnumWrapper.cpp.o CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/__/python/PythonLoggingWrapper.cpp.o CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/__/python/PythonUniverseWrapper.cpp.o CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/__/python/server/PythonServerWrapper.cpp.o CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/__/python/server/PythonServerFramework.cpp.o CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/__/python/server/PythonServer.cpp.o CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/__/universe/UniverseGenerator.cpp.o  -o ../freeoriond -rdynamic ../libfreeorioncommon.so ../libfreeorionparse.so -lpython2.7 -lboost_python-2.7-mt -lpthread -lboost_chrono-mt -lboost_date_time-mt -lboost_filesystem-mt -lboost_regex-mt -lboost_serialization-mt -lboost_signals-mt -lboost_system-mt -lboost_thread-mt -lz ../liblog4cpp.a
CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/SaveLoad.cpp.o: In function `LoadGalaxySetupData(std::string const&, GalaxySetupData&, bool)':
SaveLoad.cpp:(.text+0x294): undefined reference to `boost::archive::detail::shared_ptr_helper::shared_ptr_helper()'
SaveLoad.cpp:(.text+0x407): undefined reference to `boost::archive::detail::shared_ptr_helper::shared_ptr_helper()'
CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/SaveLoad.cpp.o: In function `LoadPlayerSaveGameData(std::string const&, std::vector<PlayerSaveGameData, std::allocator<PlayerSaveGameData> >&, bool)':
SaveLoad.cpp:(.text+0xc92): undefined reference to `boost::archive::detail::shared_ptr_helper::shared_ptr_helper()'
CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/SaveLoad.cpp.o: In function `LoadEmpireSaveGameData(std::string const&, std::map<int, SaveGameEmpireData, std::less<int>, std::allocator<std::pair<int const, SaveGameEmpireData> > >&, bool)':
SaveLoad.cpp:(.text+0x2baa): undefined reference to `boost::archive::detail::shared_ptr_helper::shared_ptr_helper()'
CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/SaveLoad.cpp.o: In function `LoadGame(std::string const&, ServerSaveGameData&, std::vector<PlayerSaveGameData, std::allocator<PlayerSaveGameData> >&, Universe&, EmpireManager&, SpeciesManager&, CombatLogManager&, GalaxySetupData&, bool)':
SaveLoad.cpp:(.text+0x35f9): undefined reference to `boost::archive::detail::shared_ptr_helper::shared_ptr_helper()'
SaveLoad.cpp:(.text._ZN5boost7archive12xml_iarchiveD2Ev[_ZN5boost7archive12xml_iarchiveD5Ev]+0x16): undefined reference to `boost::archive::detail::shared_ptr_helper::~shared_ptr_helper()'
SaveLoad.cpp:(.text._ZN5boost7archive15binary_iarchiveD2Ev[_ZN5boost7archive15binary_iarchiveD5Ev]+0x16): undefined reference to `boost::archive::detail::shared_ptr_helper::~shared_ptr_helper()'
SaveLoad.cpp:(.text._ZN5boost7archive12xml_iarchiveD0Ev[_ZN5boost7archive12xml_iarchiveD5Ev]+0x16): undefined reference to `boost::archive::detail::shared_ptr_helper::~shared_ptr_helper()'
SaveLoad.cpp:(.text._ZN5boost7archive15binary_iarchiveD0Ev[_ZN5boost7archive15binary_iarchiveD5Ev]+0x16): undefined reference to `boost::archive::detail::shared_ptr_helper::~shared_ptr_helper()'
CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/SaveLoad.cpp.o: In function `boost::archive::binary_iarchive::binary_iarchive(std::istream&, unsigned int)':
SaveLoad.cpp:(.text._ZN5boost7archive15binary_iarchiveC2ERSij[_ZN5boost7archive15binary_iarchiveC5ERSij]+0x44): undefined reference to `boost::archive::detail::shared_ptr_helper::shared_ptr_helper()'
CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/SaveLoad.cpp.o: In function `void boost::archive::detail::shared_ptr_helper::reset<SaveGameUIData>(boost::shared_ptr<SaveGameUIData>&, SaveGameUIData*)':
SaveLoad.cpp:(.text._ZN5boost7archive6detail17shared_ptr_helper5resetI14SaveGameUIDataEEvRNS_10shared_ptrIT_EEPS6_[_ZN5boost7archive6detail17shared_ptr_helper5resetI14SaveGameUIDataEEvRNS_10shared_ptrIT_EEPS6_]+0x57): undefined reference to `boost::archive::detail::shared_ptr_helper::get_od(void const*, boost::serialization::extended_type_info const*, boost::serialization::extended_type_info const*)'
SaveLoad.cpp:(.text._ZN5boost7archive6detail17shared_ptr_helper5resetI14SaveGameUIDataEEvRNS_10shared_ptrIT_EEPS6_[_ZN5boost7archive6detail17shared_ptr_helper5resetI14SaveGameUIDataEEvRNS_10shared_ptrIT_EEPS6_]+0x1be): undefined reference to `boost::archive::detail::shared_ptr_helper::append(boost::shared_ptr<void const> const&)'
CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/SaveLoad.cpp.o: In function `void boost::archive::detail::shared_ptr_helper::reset<OrderSet>(boost::shared_ptr<OrderSet>&, OrderSet*)':
SaveLoad.cpp:(.text._ZN5boost7archive6detail17shared_ptr_helper5resetI8OrderSetEEvRNS_10shared_ptrIT_EEPS6_[_ZN5boost7archive6detail17shared_ptr_helper5resetI8OrderSetEEvRNS_10shared_ptrIT_EEPS6_]+0x57): undefined reference to `boost::archive::detail::shared_ptr_helper::get_od(void const*, boost::serialization::extended_type_info const*, boost::serialization::extended_type_info const*)'
SaveLoad.cpp:(.text._ZN5boost7archive6detail17shared_ptr_helper5resetI8OrderSetEEvRNS_10shared_ptrIT_EEPS6_[_ZN5boost7archive6detail17shared_ptr_helper5resetI8OrderSetEEvRNS_10shared_ptrIT_EEPS6_]+0x1be): undefined reference to `boost::archive::detail::shared_ptr_helper::append(boost::shared_ptr<void const> const&)'
CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/SaveLoad.cpp.o: In function `void boost::archive::detail::shared_ptr_helper::reset<Order>(boost::shared_ptr<Order>&, Order*)':
SaveLoad.cpp:(.text._ZN5boost7archive6detail17shared_ptr_helper5resetI5OrderEEvRNS_10shared_ptrIT_EEPS6_[_ZN5boost7archive6detail17shared_ptr_helper5resetI5OrderEEvRNS_10shared_ptrIT_EEPS6_]+0x67): undefined reference to `boost::archive::detail::shared_ptr_helper::get_od(void const*, boost::serialization::extended_type_info const*, boost::serialization::extended_type_info const*)'
SaveLoad.cpp:(.text._ZN5boost7archive6detail17shared_ptr_helper5resetI5OrderEEvRNS_10shared_ptrIT_EEPS6_[_ZN5boost7archive6detail17shared_ptr_helper5resetI5OrderEEvRNS_10shared_ptrIT_EEPS6_]+0x1ce): undefined reference to `boost::archive::detail::shared_ptr_helper::append(boost::shared_ptr<void const> const&)'
CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/ServerApp.cpp.o: In function `ServerApp::CleanupAIs()':
ServerApp.cpp:(.text+0x2b1d): undefined reference to `boost::this_thread::sleep(boost::posix_time::ptime const&)'
CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/ServerFSM.cpp.o: In function `ServerFSM::HandleNonLobbyDisconnection(Disconnection const&)':
ServerFSM.cpp:(.text+0x477c): undefined reference to `boost::this_thread::sleep(boost::posix_time::ptime const&)'
CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/__/network/ServerNetworking.cpp.o: In function `PlayerConnection::HandleMessageHeaderRead(boost::system::error_code, unsigned long)':
ServerNetworking.cpp:(.text+0x4665): undefined reference to `boost::this_thread::sleep(boost::posix_time::ptime const&)'
../libfreeorioncommon.so: undefined reference to `boost::thread::start_thread()'
../libfreeorioncommon.so: undefined reference to `boost::archive::detail::shared_ptr_helper::append(boost_132::shared_ptr<void const> const&)'
../libfreeorioncommon.so: undefined reference to `boost::thread::join()'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
server/CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/build.make:399: recipe for target 'freeoriond' failed
make[2]: *** [freeoriond] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/mnt/sdb2/var/tmp/portage/games-strategy/freeorion-0.4.5_pre/work/freeorion-0.4.5_pre_build'
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:329: recipe for target 'server/CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [server/CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/mnt/sdb2/var/tmp/portage/games-strategy/freeorion-0.4.5_pre/work/freeorion-0.4.5_pre_build'
Makefile:137: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
 * ERROR: games-strategy/freeorion-0.4.5_pre::gentoo failed (compile phase):
 *   emake failed
 * If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=games-strategy/freeorion-0.4.5_pre::gentoo'`,
 * the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=games-strategy/freeorion-0.4.5_pre::gentoo'`.
 * The complete build log is located at '/mnt/sdb2/var/tmp/portage/games-strategy/freeorion-0.4.5_pre/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/mnt/sdb2/var/tmp/portage/games-strategy/freeorion-0.4.5_pre/temp/environment'.
 * Working directory: '/mnt/sdb2/var/tmp/portage/games-strategy/freeorion-0.4.5_pre/work/freeorion-0.4.5_pre_build'
 * S: '/mnt/sdb2/var/tmp/portage/games-strategy/freeorion-0.4.5_pre/work/freeorion-0.4.5_pre'

>>> Failed to emerge games-strategy/freeorion-0.4.5_pre, Log file:

>>>  '/mnt/sdb2/var/tmp/portage/games-strategy/freeorion-0.4.5_pre/temp/build.log'

This bug can not be reproduced by one of the devs, see the bug mentioned above.

As noted on the bug page, I should try to find more peeps who are unable to emerge this package.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: