uvesafb fails if invoked from conf.d/modules
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ayvango
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject: uvesafb fails if invoked from conf.d/modules Reply with quote

I've enabled kernel support for uvesafb, build v86d daemon and insert it inside the initrams image. I'm using it in parallel with nvidia proprietary drivers. I write screen resolution configuration to the /etc/modprobe.d/. It works as intended if I run it manually after logining in the console. I put modprobe uvesafb to the command line and all starts work properly. I'd like to invoke uvesafv automatically using /etc/conf.d/modules and appropriate openrc service. In this case I get error in the /var/log/messages:
Code:

uvesafb: Getting VBE info block failed

I have googled a lot and find many cases but they all is about not installing v86d. In this cases absence of v86d is made clear in log messages. But I get working v86d and no complains about it in log. So these cases are unrelated to me. I suppose that something goes wrong with order of initialization. Probably some driver should be invoked before uvesafb
ayvango
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:44 pm    Post subject: temporary fix Reply with quote

I managed to make it work. You need to disable rc_parallel in /etc/rc.conf It is not the final solution, I have to find actually dependence that was broken and force it to openrc even in the parallel world.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: