digikam: Unable to to create io-slave
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hrnick
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject: digikam: Unable to to create io-slave Reply with quote

Hi!

I have a problem with digikam since some time back. I can't see any images, not in the Albums, Tags or People and get the following error message in a popup in the lower right corner:

Code:
Could not start process Unable to to create io-slave: klauncher said: Error loading 'kio-digikamtags'.

Also, the geotagging Map view doesn't load properly. Instead the following error message shows up where the map is supposed to be:

Code:
The requested operation could not be completed
Cannot Initiate the file Protocol
Technical Reason: Unable to Launch Process

So there seems to be something not loading properly but I am not familiar with how KDE does this. I am not running the whole KDE desktop environment but a FVWM setup. I've tried running digikam as other users and root and it works fine so it seems to be user specific. I'm currently running v4.7.0 which is not in portage yet but I upgraded digikam using my portage overlay to see if that would solve anything but it didn't. I did, however, run a 'emerge -e digikam' for version 4.6.0 with the same error messages above.

I'm running a ~amd64 system.

Any ideas what could be wrong and where to start looking? Any help would be appreciated!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: