[solved]xorg failed after emerge world and emerge --declean
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vvgloo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:39 am    Post subject: [solved]xorg failed after emerge world and emerge --declean Reply with quote

I have did some updates, including update gentoo-sources,emerge world -avtuDN emerge --declean, then reboot, startx, but I got a dead machine with black screen,
when xorg error first happened, I thought the xorg-server had caused it. So I degraded the xorg-server, but it not works.
next, I found some fault information in Xorg.0.log, such as (EE)failed to load /usr/lib32/xorg/modules/extensiins/libglx.so.....
(EE)fglrx: failed to load module “glx” . afterward, I noticed the libglx.so is a failed soft link, how can I solve the problem, please?

-----------------------
I got the answer from bugs.gentoo.org Bug 532574, thank you.

Last edited by vvgloo on Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
vvgloo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use fglrx, I already set the eselect opengl to ati.
gentoo-source, xorg-server, mesa, eselect-opengl, glproto, these packages all be reinstalled several times with different version.
I will get dead machine and black screen every time when I startx, thus only I can push the power button. But I just get some errors on screen when I startx by no xorg.conf. The xorg.conf is get from "aticonfig", and I had use it before today.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: