mplayer does not compile with keyworded ffmpeg [solved]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jesnow
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: mplayer does not compile with keyworded ffmpeg [solved] Reply with quote

Since a recent emerge -DNu world, mplayer build fails with a crytpic message:

Code:

armstrong jesnow # emerge -p mplayer

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild  N     ] media-video/mplayer-1.2_pre20130729  USE="X a52 alsa cddb cdio dts dvd dvdnav enca encode gif iconv jpeg libass mad mmx mng mp3 network opengl osdmenu png sdl shm sse sse2 truetype unicode vorbis x264 xinerama xscreensaver xv xvid -3dnow -3dnowext -aalib (-altivec) (-aqua) -bidi -bindist -bl -bluray -bs2b -cdparanoia -cpudetection -debug -dga -directfb -doc -dv -dvb -faac -faad -fbcon -ftp -ggi -gsm -ipv6 -jack -joystick -jpeg2k -ladspa -libcaca -libmpeg2 -lirc -live -lzo -md5sum -mmxext -nas -nut -openal -oss -pnm -pulseaudio -pvr -radio -rar -rtc -rtmp -samba (-selinux) -speex -ssse3 -tga -theora -toolame -tremor -twolame -v4l -vdpau -vidix -xanim -xvmc -zoran" VIDEO_CARDS="-mga -s3virge -tdfx"

results in

Code:

URCE  -D_REENTRANT  -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/libdvdread -c -o libmpdemux/demux_y4m.o libmpdemux/demux_y4m.c
i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -MMD -MP -Wundef  -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wdisabled-optimization -Wno-pointer-sign -Wdeclaration-after-statement -std=gnu99  -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=200112 -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=600 -D_ISOC99_SOURCE -I. -Iffmpeg -O2 -march=i686 -pipe -fno-tree-vectorize -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE  -D_REENTRANT  -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/libdvdread -c -o libmpdemux/ebml.o libmpdemux/ebml.c
libmpdemux/ebml.c:31:42: fatal error: libavutil/intfloat_readwrite.h: No such file or directory
 #include "libavutil/intfloat_readwrite.h"
                                          ^
compilation terminated.
Makefile:758: recipe for target 'libmpdemux/ebml.o' failed
make: *** [libmpdemux/ebml.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
 * ERROR: media-video/mplayer-1.2_pre20130729::gentoo failed (compile phase):
 *   emake failed

This makes no sense, and according to the google I am the first person in the world to have this error message.

I *think* it has something to do with libavcodec vs. virtual/ffmpeg, but I have no idea what. Duelling use flags no doubt, but which ones, what is the correct setup? There seems to be little guidance out there. VLC is also not compiling, but with a different error in the config phase, which I will post separately.
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-7673556.html#7673556

All help appreciated. "works for me" and RTFM not appreciated -- I did that.

Cheers,

Jon

Last edited by jesnow on Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ant P.
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uninstall/p.mask libav and install media-video/ffmpeg, revdep-rebuild and then try to install mplayer again.
jesnow
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ant P. wrote:
Uninstall/p.mask libav and install media-video/ffmpeg, revdep-rebuild and then try to install mplayer again.

Code:

armstrong jesnow # emerge -C libav
 * This action can remove important packages! In order to be safer, use
 * `emerge -pv --depclean <atom>` to check for reverse dependencies before
 * removing packages.

--- Couldn't find 'libav' to unmerge.

>>> No packages selected for removal by unmerge
jesnow
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had unmasked/keyworded ffmpeg in the course of installing handbrake, and this made it
impossible to compile mplayer. There is some version hell going on here.

So Ant P. was nearly right, with the added step of unkeywording and un-unmasking ffmpeg.

There is some version hell going on here with regard to Handbrake, but that's a different topic. I'm guessing that to have handbrake at all, you have to have unstable nearly everything else.

Cheers,

Jon.
jesusaurus
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was getting the same error while trying to compile media-video/mplayer-1.2_pre20130729 and was able to resolve the issue by accepting the ~amd64 keyword for media-video/mplayer-1.2_pre20150214 and upgrading.
Acidphase
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesusaurus wrote:
I was getting the same error while trying to compile media-video/mplayer-1.2_pre20130729 and was able to resolve the issue by accepting the ~amd64 keyword for media-video/mplayer-1.2_pre20150214 and upgrading.

This worked for me as well, figure I would mention this in case someone else is searching the forums for answers. Kind of odd the package marked stable has the issues and the one marked ~ resolves them issues lol
pablo_supertux
Advocate
Advocate

Location: Somewhere between reality and Middle-Earth and in Freiburg (Germany)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same issue. I made yesterday an eix-sync and read the enews "ffmpeg/libav conflict management: USE=libav" and disabled globally libav, media-video/libav is not installed.

I can confirm that accepting ~amd64 on mplayer did work. But I don't want to install mplayer~amd64. Is there another way?
Gilthoniel, A! Elbereth!
diablo465
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesusaurus wrote:

Thanks a lot, it also solves my problem on two machines.
FroL_Onn
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesusaurus wrote:

Thanks a lot!
That helped me too!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: