Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
KDE-4.14 Nepomuk / Baloo upgrade without hazzle ?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaDDeePee
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: KDE-4.14 Nepomuk / Baloo upgrade without hazzle ? Reply with quote

Hello guys,

i like to move to KDE-4.14.x but Nepomuk / Baloo is holding me back.

Code:
...snip...
[blocks b      ] <kde-base/kmail-4.13.60 ("<kde-base/kmail-4.13.60" is blocking kde-base/kdepim-common-libs-4.14.3)
[blocks B      ] <kde-base/nepomuk-4.12.50 ("<kde-base/nepomuk-4.12.50" is blocking kde-base/baloo-4.14.3)

Total: 121 packages (114 upgrades, 7 new), Size of downloads: 267090 KiB
Conflict: 2 blocks (1 unsatisfied)

!!! Multiple package instances within a single package slot have been pulled
!!! into the dependency graph, resulting in a slot conflict:

kde-base/kdelibs:4

(kde-base/kdelibs-4.14.3-r1:4/4.14::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    >=kde-base/kdelibs-4.11.14:4[aqua=,crypt,nepomuk?] required by (kde-base/plasma-workspace-4.11.14:4/4.11::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
                                       ^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                   
    >=kde-base/kdelibs-4.14.3:4[aqua=] required by (kde-base/kurifilter-plugins-4.14.3:4/4.14::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    ^^                 ^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                             
    (and 140 more with the same problems)

(kde-base/kdelibs-4.12.5-r2:4/4.12::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    >=kde-base/kdelibs-4.12.5:4[aqua=,semantic-desktop] required by (kde-base/nepomuk-4.12.5:4/4.12::gentoo, installed)
                                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                     

It may be possible to solve this problem by using package.mask to
prevent one of those packages from being selected. However, it is also
possible that conflicting dependencies exist such that they are
impossible to satisfy simultaneously.  If such a conflict exists in
the dependencies of two different packages, then those packages can
not be installed simultaneously. You may want to try a larger value of
the --backtrack option, such as --backtrack=30, in order to see if
that will solve this conflict automatically.

For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man
page or refer to the Gentoo Handbook.

* Error: The above package list contains packages which cannot be
 * installed at the same time on the same system.

(kde-base/nepomuk-4.12.5:4/4.12::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    >=kde-base/nepomuk-4.11.9:4[aqua=] (>=kde-base/nepomuk-4.11.9:4[-aqua]) required by (kde-base/systemsettings-4.11.9:4/4.11::gentoo, installed)

(kde-base/baloo-4.14.3:4/4.14::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    >=kde-base/baloo-4.14.3:4[aqua=] (>=kde-base/baloo-4.14.3:4[-aqua]) required by (kde-base/nepomuk-core-4.14.3:4/4.14::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=kde-base/baloo-4.14.3:4[aqua=] (>=kde-base/baloo-4.14.3:4[-aqua]) required by (kde-base/kdepim-common-libs-4.14.3:4/4.14::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)

...snap...

am i really safe to just unmerge nepomuk to solve this issue?
i am REALLY afraid of loosing important stuff like Kmail maildir stuff or smth else.

Advice much appreciated! :idea:

:)
Fitzcarraldo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I can't remember precisely how I migrated from Nepomuk to Baloo back in April this year (I'm currently running KDE 4.14.3). However, the following USE flags in my installation might be of some help:

Code:
$ cat /etc/portage/package.use | grep nepomuk
$ cat /etc/portage/package.use | grep semantic
kde-base/gwenview kipi semantic-desktop
kde-base/kdebase-runtime-meta semantic-desktop
kde-base/kdelibs acl -pertty jpeg2k semantic-desktop
kde-base/kdepimlibs semantic-desktop
$ cat /etc/make.conf | grep semantic
MY_DESKTOP="kdehiddenvisibility kde gmp libnotify rdesktop pda zeroconf kdeenablefinal visualization avahi startup-notification accessibility semantic-desktop"
$ cat /etc/make.conf | grep nepomuk
UNWANTED="-kdeprefix -arts -qt3 -beagle -gnome -evo -mono -eds -apm -oss -branding -esd -hal -xvmc -nepomuk -systemd"

Also, once I managed to get Baloo installed, I had to run nepomukbaloomigrator to switch off Nepomuk and switch on Baloo. That gave me some trouble, so you might find the KDE Forums thread nepomukbaloomigrator crashes useful.

Fitzcarraldo's blog
Goverp
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: KDE-4.14 Nepomuk / Baloo upgrade without hazzle ? Reply with quote

MaDDeePee wrote:
am i really safe to just unmerge nepomuk to solve this issue?
i am REALLY afraid of loosing important stuff like Kmail maildir stuff or smth else.

The akonadi database is only a cache. The maildir stuff remains a maildir, so if you have a decent backup, you will have a decent backup after changing to baloo. Check around on the forums for the location of the various files outside akonadi.

I handled the recent MySQL upgrade by deleting the akonaid database and letting KDE rebuild it. There can be an hiatus after this, as you may need to tell nepomuk to reindex the appropriate maildir/calendar/contacts data sources, but they're still in the same place (outside nepomuk) they always were.

See https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1002506-highlight-akonadi.html for details.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: