kmail can't start after upgrade vs akonadi and mysql
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phd
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: kmail can't start after upgrade vs akonadi and mysql Reply with quote

After upgrade (emerge -uDN @world) I have problem with running kmail. There is some problem with akonadi-server. I would like to remove competently old kmail config files and set up kmail from the beginning. To this aim, due to some errors with opening kmail, I had removed the file /home/user/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/mysql.err but didn't helped and still I cannot restart kmail. I have upgraded mysql by using the option --socket=/tmp/akonadi-.../mysql.socket . Still the same.

This is akonadi-selftest-report-20141201.txt https://bpaste.net/show/e4c3e6beab73

Edit:
I added a new user, started kde, and checked that there is no problem to setup the personal data and start akonadi server for a new user. This proves that something was going wrong with upgrade of my personal account data (mysql? akonadi?) and/or in another program. Maybe I changed unfortunately the access to some configuration files. Previously, I had noted that my account was available for other users and I was forced to limit the access for my all account.

To avoid hacking my KDE session by anybody having access to my keyboard
Quote:
Ctr+Alt+F1 and next Ctr+C
I used to start KDE manually from terminal by means
Quote:
startx& logout
maybe this caused a problem. For me, the most convenient would be to recover the access to the old KDE user account than to move my personal data and setup a new KDE user account. Any suggestions what was going wrong?
gigel
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emerge -C akonadi-server kmail
emerge thunderbird or whatever. this should fix your problems!
Goverp
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try deleting the akonadi database directory. As it's just a cache, KDE will rebuild it from scratch.

See https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1002506-highlight-akonadi.html
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: