KDE Overlay: black screen upgradin from Framework 5.2 to 5.3
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StifflerStealth
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:25 am    Post subject: KDE Overlay: black screen upgradin from Framework 5.2 to 5.3 Reply with quote

Hi all,

Last night I updated from KDE Frameworks 5.2 to 5.3 and now I have a black screen with a tiny window that has the heading "Desktop -- Plasma" with a black inside. I can all+f2 and manually start programs. I need to use lightdm since you can't use KDM with Frameworks 5 yet. The KDE loading bar starts after typing my password then after the loading bar finishes, it fades to black.

I have tried the usuals of deleting .KDE .cache .config from the home directory to start with a fresh config. I have also uninstalled all of KDE using the provided sets and erased any protected config I could find that deals with KDE and reinstalled everything again. I have synced the overlay to see if anything changed and even redownloaded it to see if I had a corrupted rebuild.

I run a ~amd64 system that is fully synced and updated.

I'm all out of options here.

Thanks.
GD
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here. Apparently we need to install KDE Plasma 5.1, which was released today, but overlays.kde.org has been down since yesterday. You should have ebuilds for -5.1 packages if you recently synced with the kde overlay though, but you'd have to manually unmask them since no unmask file had been provided for 5.1 in the "Documentation" folder of the kde overlay until overlays.kde.org went down...
StifflerStealth
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I manually unmasked it 5.1 but it still happens. I managed to now have the desktop load up but opening any menu crashes plasma desktop so I can't do anything in it.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: