'In need of a nofb oneliner.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
milktoast84
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:21 am    Post subject: 'In need of a nofb oneliner. Reply with quote

I was working out a display driver problem. It turned out I took the nvidia wiki article too seriously, and masked the package back to too old of a version.

That problem has been "fixed," though it presents an entirely new problem. Turns out the nvidia install script that I had played with as a solution had installed "correctly" enough to function beforehand, and there is some aspect of configuration that makes x go black. This problem persists in the freshyly emerged version, only now it starts x on boot,... And I'm running an EFI stub (no GRUB) with higher precedence than my usb... Shoot...

Good news...terminal is running fine behind the blackness. I can log in and reboot (at least I think I am logging in.. The command I found to stop (what was it again?--i'm on my tablet can't look up easily..) Xdm (gkx)dm has no effect. Neither does Ctrl+Alt±Bckspce (I sure wish that was enabled by default)

So how bout it? Know any good ammo-clips of one liners to take down X? I worked so hard on that custom kernel(more than just the stub) 'don't really want to scrap it with the Apple USB recovery.
Akkara
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved from Desktop Environments to Duplicate Threads

Please don't post the same thing multiple times. Different people end up replying to one or the other, leading to confusion.

Further discussion on this topic happens here --> 'In need of a nofb oneliner.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: