[SOLVED] texmaker - impossible enter circumflex dieresis
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
augustin2
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED] texmaker - impossible enter circumflex dieresis Reply with quote

Hi,

I have texlive installed with these flags

Quote:
app-text/texlive-2012 was built with the following:
USE="X extra graphics png truetype xml -cjk -context -detex -doc -dvi2tty -dvipdfm -epspdf -games -humanities -jadetex -luatex -metapost -music -omega -pdfannotextractor -pstricks -publishers -science -tex4ht -texi2html -xetex -xindy" ABI_X86="64" LINGUAS="en fr -af -ar -as -bg -bn -bo -ca -cs -cy -da -de -el -en_GB -eo -es -et -eu -fa -fi -ga -gl -gu -he -hi -hr -hsb -hu -hy -ia -id -is -it -ja -kn -ko -la -lo -lt -lv -ml -mn -mr -nb -nl -nn -no -or -pa -pl -pt -ro -ru -sa_IN -sk -sl -sr -sv -ta -te -th -tk -tr -uk -vi -zh"

my preamble includes
Quote:

\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[french]{babel}

The editor is set to use encoding UTF-8

In texmaker or in texstudio, I cannot enter any caractère such as ê, û, î and so on. I can enter them into other application such as Writer, gedit,…

I don't see where the trouble can lie. Thank you for help.

Last edited by augustin2 on Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
dlaor
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not have a solution to your problem, but you are aware that you can use the commands \', \^ etc, as described here:
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/8857/how-to-type-special-accented-letters-in-latex?

Hope this helps!

edit: I just tried to enter some accented characters in "latexila", the latex editor that I use, and it seems to work fine. As you say I had to add the "inputenc" and "fontenc" packages to my preamble for them to be rendered in the pdf.
augustin2
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.
Yes I am aware of this, but I cannot even enter \^.
dlaor
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome.

It is hard for me to help you as I do not use texmaker/texstudio (or any qt-based program). Googleling for "accented characters texmaker" returned the following:
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/30626/writing-french-characters

The last answer there might be related to your problem in case you have ibus installed (a dependency of the gnome desktop); it can apparently be fixed by installing ibus-qt4. The other answers might be interesting as well.

See also the 11th post here, about ibus interfering with qt programs:
http://code.google.com/p/ibus/issues/detail?id=526

Hope this helps! (If it doesn't then I'll give up, hopefully someone using the same tex-editors can help you!)
augustin2
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you again. It's very kind of you to make the effort to google. I should have done this myself. My only excuse being that at the moment I am rather busy.

I fact emerging ibus-qt solved the troube.

I remember facing a problem some month ago when I tried to use a Japanese input method. I also had to install ibus-qt. But since, I reinstalled my gentoo box and not having need of the Japanese language I didn't reinstall ibus-qt.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: