Rdesktop and freeRDP troubles
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deis
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Rdesktop and freeRDP troubles Reply with quote

Short version: freeRDP doesn't work in full screen mode, Windows keys don't work in rdesktop

Long version: freeRDP with the option /f shows momentarily a black screen, and then runs without showing anything. In window modes freeRDP works fine. There are no error messages in the console that would throw light as to what might be a cause for this. I tried two ebuilds, freerdp-1.1.0_beta1_p20130710-r2 and freerdp-1.1.0_beta1_p20130710-r1 with the following USE flags "X channels%* client jpeg sse2 -alsa -cups -debug -directfb -doc -ffmpeg -gstreamer -pulseaudio -server -smartcard {-test} -xinerama -xv (-usb%)"

Rdesktop (1.82) works OK in fullscreen mode, but Windows keys don't work (e.g. win+D, win+F). It has been built with the following USE flags "ipv6 -alsa -ao -debug -kerberos -libsamplerate -oss -pcsc-lite"
i92guboj
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would try enabling xv.

See if that helps. Also, disable compositing if you use that.

Besides that, if rdesktop is not outputting anything to the standard output, I don't know of any way to collect extra info. As far as I know, it writes no log file, and it has not a --verbose mode or something like that.

About the Window key, just to discard interference from your wm, I would try a simple window manager such as twm. Some wm's grab this key for one or another purpose. I assume that you have properly configured your keyboard as pc104 (not 101 or something else) and that the Windows key is usable from regular applications or from your window manager. If not, the problem could be there.
deis
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enabling xv didn't help... I'm using icewm and the Win key works in this environment perfectly. I tried running X without a window manager at all (just xterm), and this didn't help either (neither for freerdp, nor rdestop)

Also, rdestop complains about failing to negotiate protocol and using plain RDP, if this could help

Update: in freerdp the Win key works flawlessly (when I run it in window mode), so the problem with the key is rdesktop related
deis
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed freerdp-1.0.2 from source, and it started working in full screen mode (the Windows key working as well)
i92guboj
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. Thanks for reporting that. It might come in handy.

If you have the time you might want to open a version bump bug at bugs.gentoo.org so it will get included in portage :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: