Children's games collection?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
codejnki
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 10:57 pm    Post subject: Children's games collection? Reply with quote

I've got two small children. One 5 and the other 2. Is there a good collection of children's games either inside portage or else where? I'm really interested learning type games. I'm not lookin for stellar quality here, just thing's that help teach simple things like letter and number recognition and matching colors and shapes.

Thanks.
Kruuse
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My boys aged 6 and 4 like GCompris ("emerge gcompris") and TuxPaint (try Google). GCompris has several edutational mini games for various languages. Recommended.

/Jens
plate
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll second that, gcompris is perfect for that age. In terms of games, my kids' (5 and 7) current favourite is Frozen Bubble. If you're running KDE, there's also a nice edutainment suite included in >= 3.0, with a lot of interesting tools for creating your own tests, getting familiar with the keyboard etc., I've found some of that helpful, too. Most of those are targeted towards teens, but you can start with some of the easier ones right away.
Buzz
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: Children's games collection? Reply with quote

codejnki wrote:
I've got two small children. One 5 and the other 2. Is there a good collection of children's games either inside portage or else where? I'm really interested learning type games. I'm not lookin for stellar quality here, just thing's that help teach simple things like letter and number recognition and matching colors and shapes.

Thanks.

Another option you might consider is that several of the childrens games run well under wine. One that I can recommend that my 3 year old daughter loves is Elmo's Preschool.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: