Channel 4
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pizen
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 2:21 pm    Post subject: Channel 4 Reply with quote

I wish I could get the UK's Channel 4 here in the States. I just discovered another C4 show last night being broadcast on Comedy Central....Trigger Happy TV...the funniest show I've seen in a long time. I was sad to hear that The Big Breakfast went off the air. That was a show I actually wanted to get up and watch. Anyway, just a little lamenting while bored at work.
ebichu
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Channel 4 Reply with quote

pizen wrote:
I wish I could get the UK's Channel 4 here in the States. I just discovered another C4 show last night being broadcast on Comedy Central....Trigger Happy TV...the funniest show I've seen in a long time.

I think it's on its 3rd repeat here in the UK. You can buy PAL DVDs in the UK (best of series 1 and whole of series 2).
Quote:
I was sad to hear that The Big Breakfast went off the air. That was a show I actually wanted to get up and watch. Anyway, just a little lamenting while bored at work.

Its ratings dwindled over the years, as did the quality of its presenters, but the thing they replaced it with (Ri::se) is doing even worse!

C4 and BBC2 have the programmes I watch the most. There's good comedy on BBC2 too - "The League of Gentlemen" springs to mind, as the third series is starting this week!
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C-Band satellite may carry it.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
pizen
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Channel 4 Reply with quote

ebichu wrote:
Its ratings dwindled over the years, as did the quality of its presenters, but the thing they replaced it with (Ri::se) is doing even worse!

Sorry to hear that. I caught it the most about 2 or 3 years ago. I found the Big Breakfast to be a cross between NBC's Today Show and Comedy Central's Daily Show.
ebichu
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Channel 4 Reply with quote

pizen wrote:
ebichu wrote:

Sorry to hear that. I caught it the most about 2 or 3 years ago. I found the Big Breakfast to be a cross between NBC's Today Show and Comedy Central's Daily Show.

That sounds like long after The Ginger Twat[TM] left, who was responsible for much of the show's original popularity. Possibly Johnny Vaughn was presenting 2 or 3 years ago? (I haven't watched it much in the last few years. Johnny Vaughn (sp?) is a cockney-sounding geezer who now hosts a seasonal chat show on the BBC.)
fmalabre
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Channel 4 Reply with quote

pizen wrote:
I wish I could get the UK's Channel 4 here in the States.

No please, already saw Benny Hill, that's enough! No more british channel!
:lol:
pizen
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Channel 4 Reply with quote

fmalabre wrote:
No please, already saw Benny Hill, that's enough! No more british channel! :lol:

What about Whose Line? And I don't mean that Drew Carey crap...even through all four contestants are great, Carey makes it kinda suck.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: