undefined symbol: apreq_handle_apache2 with perl -c
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clms
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 7:38 pm    Post subject: undefined symbol: apreq_handle_apache2 with perl -c Reply with quote

I'm developing some code usage with mod_perl on Apache2. I check the syntax of the code with perl -c -I. My_mod_perl_stuff.pm. This worked fine for years.

After switching to a 2023 profile and doing the recommended "emerge --ask --emptytree @world" this perl -c syntax check returns
Quote:
Can't load '/usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.38/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/auto/APR/Request/Apache2/Apache2.so' for module APR::Request::Apache2: /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.38/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/auto/APR/Request/Apache2/Apache2.so: undefined symbol: apreq_handle_apache2 at /usr/lib64/perl5/5.38/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 206.
at /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.38/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/Apache2/Request.pm line 3.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.38/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/Apache2/Request.pm line 3.

Now I found out, that I don't get an error when I start Apache2 with my code. On the webserver it is working fine. The error only occurs if I start Perl standalone without Apache2.
I assume, I need to set some links or fix some search path to make perl -c work again with the Apache modules.
But which?
sam_
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be related to `default-now`. Could you give me a way to reproduce this please? (Some small sample mod_perl script and tell me how to set it up.)
clms
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the error is caused by loading the Apache module, you can strip the module file down to
Code:
use APR::Request::Apache2;

Put this line into file tmp.pm and then run
Code:
perl -c tmp.pm

Since last weekend I get
Quote:
Can't load '/usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.38/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/auto/APR/Request/Apache2/Apache2.so' for module APR::Request::Apache2: /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.38/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/auto/APR/Request/Apache2/Apache2.so: undefined symbol: apreq_handle_apache2 at /usr/lib64/perl5/5.38/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 206.
at tmp.pm line 1.
Compilation failed in require at tmp.pm line 1.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at tmp.pm line 1.

for it. Before it would have been "tmp.pm syntax OK"
sam_
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I will have a look.
sam_
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you mind filing a Gentoo bug for this so I can cite it? Thanks.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: